OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Boba's computer conundrum.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boba
Talz
Boba

Boba's computer conundrum.  Empty
PostSubject: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Okay, I have looked at five rigs in the past week. My budget is $500 dollars for a new computer that will run The Old Republic.

System Specs for The Old Republic

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better / Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better

RAM: At least 1.5 GB or better for XP / 2 GB or better for Windows Vista/7 / PC's using built in graphic chipsets 2 GB RAM is recommended.

Hard Drive: 8x DVD-ROM or better

Video: ATI XT1800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.

THE COMPUTERS

Comp No.1

Comp No.2

Comp No.3

Comp No.4 ( It pushes my budget to the limit

Comp No.5

If someone could please tell me which is the best deal with the best specs, that'd be gladly appreciated. If you found a computer that is at or less than $500, with better specs, I would appreciate it if you could link me it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
God
OT'er
God

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 pm

number 4... Still cheap though... OMG!

I fuck my computer because it is that good. :D
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch
Matieu

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm not the best computer expert, but I'd go for number 1...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:45 pm

I'd go for #5. Comparing 1 and 2 together, they're almost the same save for the video cards and Power Supply. And number five has a better power supply.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks guys...
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 pm

To cut on costs, does anyone know of a video card that will fit and work in an Inspiron 530s? Or a power supply that will fit in the 530s that will run a good low profile video card?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boba's computer conundrum.    Boba's computer conundrum.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Boba's computer conundrum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: