I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Pro Life or Pro Choice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Abortion or no?
Pro Life ( No Abortions )
38%
 38% [ 8 ]
Pro Choice ( Go Abortions! )
62%
 62% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21
 

AuthorMessage
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 pm



troll troll troll troll troll

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Garrus wrote:


troll troll troll troll troll


I'm not going to assume the meaning of life. And Dinosaurs were not the first life on the planet.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Causa wrote:
Garrus wrote:


troll troll troll troll troll


I'm not going to assume the meaning of life. And Dinosaurs were not the first life on the planet.

IT WUZ TEH PROTHEANZ OBVIOUZLYZ

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Garrus wrote:
Causa wrote:
Garrus wrote:


troll troll troll troll troll


I'm not going to assume the meaning of life. And Dinosaurs were not the first life on the planet.

IT WUZ TEH PROTHEANZ OBVIOUZLYZ

No it was Plant and Animal cells.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Pro Choice. It's better for the baby not to come into a world where it's unloved. As long as it's not developed, it's non sentient, not concious, has no heart beat or any of the above. I believe it is ok to abort the baby.

It can also be detrimental for the parents to have the baby which then make it very detrimental for the baby in it's life.

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.



Last edited by PJsnaks on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Causa wrote:
Soulself wrote:

i don't know how to respond to that, the trollface makes me think your just being sarcastic when you say religion dose not cause death.

religion is the number one reason people go to war and kill people.

He's just trying annoy me by getting technical. This is why I wub him.

<3

I was being technical... and I do agree that Religion causes war... to a point. People put far to much blame on religion and not on themselves.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Causa wrote:
Garrus wrote:
Causa wrote:



I'm not going to assume the meaning of life. And Dinosaurs were not the first life on the planet.

IT WUZ TEH PROTHEANZ OBVIOUZLYZ

No it was Plant and Animal cells.

AND DEN TEH ANIMAL CELLZ TURNDZ INTO BIG RAWR DINOSAURZ?!?@#$?%?$ OMGZ HOW I NO SEE DIS B4. Brainzz

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Scott wrote:

<3

I was being technical... and I do agree that Religion causes war... to a point. People put far to much blame on religion and not on themselves.

I just don't like when People kill each other. But yes, it is sometimes the people and not ideals of the religion.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Garrus wrote:

AND DEN TEH ANIMAL CELLZ TURNDZ INTO BIG RAWR DINOSAURZ?!?@#$?%?$ OMGZ HOW I NO SEE DIS B4. Brainzz


Stop fucking with me! no...just no

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSG
Aqua Panther


Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:03 pm

I'm split on it. I would rather there be no abortions, but at the same time knowing the alternatives people go too makes the decision harder. What I'm against is someone getting an abortion if they are able too support the baby. If you can't deal with the consequences then don't play the game.

_________________
I've had a cunt of a day. Everything that could go, did go wrong. So if I'm allowed to use a word in a song..........I've had a cunt of day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulself
OT'er


Posts : 298
Join date : 2011-05-05
Age : 38
Location : Columbus, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm


Always liked this one


_________________

When was the last time a scientist went into a McDonalds and killed everyone with an Ak-47, or piloted a plane into a building because of their "belief" in science.


Last edited by Soulself on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Causa wrote:
Garrus wrote:

AND DEN TEH ANIMAL CELLZ TURNDZ INTO BIG RAWR DINOSAURZ?!?@#$?%?$ OMGZ HOW I NO SEE DIS B4. Brainzz


Stop fucking with me! no...just no


troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

For Wil. For Wil. For Wil. For Wil. For Wil. For Wil. For Wil. For Wil.

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSG
Aqua Panther


Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Soulself wrote:

Always liked this one



Einstein was a jew. Also a few of the others were religious.

_________________
I've had a cunt of a day. Everything that could go, did go wrong. So if I'm allowed to use a word in a song..........I've had a cunt of day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Soulself wrote:
Causa wrote:
Garrus wrote:


IT WUZ TEH PROTHEANZ OBVIOUZLYZ

No it was Plant and Animal cells.

Always liked this one


Abraham Lincoln and Ben Franklin were not Atheist.

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Soulself wrote:

Always liked this one

Except it's incorrect.

Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were Deists (which I identify with) and the guy in the beard (forget his name) was not an Atheist and I'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln wasn't either. I don't know about Einstein but I don't think he was.

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Soulself wrote:

Always liked this one


One of my favorite quotes by Ben Franklin:

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

WHA!? AAAAAAAAAA!!!

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Soulself
OT'er


Posts : 298
Join date : 2011-05-05
Age : 38
Location : Columbus, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

PJsnaks wrote:


Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were Deists (which I identify with) and the guy in the beard (forget his name) was not an Atheist and I'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln wasn't either. I don't know about Einstein but I don't think he was.

yeah i know.. but i figure if religious people are allowed to quote wrong things and call them facts then atheistic people can do the same.


but then again i am agnostic so maybe i should not be saying things on behalf of Atheists.

_________________

When was the last time a scientist went into a McDonalds and killed everyone with an Ak-47, or piloted a plane into a building because of their "belief" in science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 pm

I think that this gives the best definitions of athiest and agnostic because they mean two different things.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/09/25/8419/

It's a good read, I learned I was wrong from it lol.

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
I think that this gives the best definitions of athiest and agnostic because they mean two different things.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/09/25/8419/

It's a good read, I learned I was wrong from it lol.

Oh wow... that was a good read.

/approved

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
I think that this gives the best definitions of athiest and agnostic because they mean two different things.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/09/25/8419/

It's a good read, I learned I was wrong from it lol.

I like that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:47 pm

RagnarokJC wrote:
Scott wrote:
RagnarokJC wrote:
Scott wrote:
Pro life... it's what I chose... and it's why I'm alive. OMG!
So how many people in this thread are religious, out of curiosity?

Nawp...
If you're not religious, why exactly do you oppose abortion, then?

Scientifically speaking, an unborn baby is as much a person as one that is born.



As far as religion being the number one killer of people. Hit the history books already. Thanks to ye old Soviets the number one murderous group of all time is Atheistic. Although a big round of applause should definitely go to Hitler who is the more popular mass murder despite being not as good. He did use icons to inspire his people even though in retrospect it is blatant that these were the toys and not the masters.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RagnarokJC
GD Member


Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:06 am

TheMortonator. wrote:
Scientifically speaking, an unborn baby is as much a person as one that is born.
Scientifically speaking, an unborn baby doesn't even begin to develop brain cells until at least 3 months into pregnancy. At that stage, it's not a person, it's a collection of replicating cells.

TheMortonator. wrote:
As far as religion being the number one killer of people. Hit the history books already. Thanks to ye old Soviets the number one murderous group of all time is Atheistic. Although a big round of applause should definitely go to Hitler who is the more popular mass murder despite being not as good. He did use icons to inspire his people even though in retrospect it is blatant that these were the toys and not the masters.
No one said that religion is the #1 killer of people, just that religion can cause people to kill other people. Religion is a way to get an otherwise good person to do bad things. The sooner we get rid of or marginalize religion, the better off society will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 am

RagnarokJC wrote:

The sooner we get rid of or marginalize religion, the better off society will be.


_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 am

RagnarokJC wrote:
Scientifically speaking, an unborn baby doesn't even begin to develop brain cells until at least 3 months into pregnancy. At that stage, it's not a person, it's a collection of replicating cells.

Brain cells aren't a marker of life...

RagnarokJC wrote:
No one said that religion is the #1 killer of people, just that religion can cause people to kill other people. Religion is a way to get an otherwise good person to do bad things. The sooner we get rid of or marginalize religion, the better off society will be.

Okay, maybe no one said religion is the number one killer. My point still stands fairly well.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RagnarokJC
GD Member


Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 am

TheMortonator. wrote:
Brain cells aren't a marker of life...
Trying to move the goalposts, are we? If brain cells aren't a marker of life, then how is it not wrong for us to kill animals as opposed to a barely-developed fetus? By your logic, we shouldn't be eating meat, exterminating bugs, or a zillion other things involving the deaths of animals. If your argument is that an unborn child is a person *because* it has brain cells unlike, say, a dog or cat, then it still fails based on what I just told you in my previous post.

TheMortonator. wrote:
Okay, maybe no one said religion is the number one killer. My point still stands fairly well.
Your point had nothing to do with what you were addressing, by your own opinion, so it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Strawman arguments are no way to win a debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Today at 3:19 am

Back to top Go down
 
Pro Life or Pro Choice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ayumi Hamasaki for life
» Would You Want to meet selena Gomez in real life?
» Space Marine Tank choice
» SOLE CHANNEL- Reelsoul-Spend My Life
» Life at the Jedi Temple

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: