I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Pro Life or Pro Choice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Abortion or no?
Pro Life ( No Abortions )
38%
 38% [ 8 ]
Pro Choice ( Go Abortions! )
62%
 62% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21
 

AuthorMessage
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 am

RagnarokJC wrote:
Trying to move the goalposts, are we? If brain cells aren't a marker of life, then how is it not wrong for us to kill animals as opposed to a barely-developed fetus? By your logic, we shouldn't be eating meat, exterminating bugs, or a zillion other things involving the deaths of animals. If your argument is that an unborn child is a person *because* it has brain cells unlike, say, a dog or cat, then it still fails based on what I just told you in my previous post.

It's because they are human life that I care.

RagnarokJC wrote:
Your point had nothing to do with what you were addressing, by your own opinion, so it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Strawman arguments are no way to win a debate.

Okay, so both religion and atheism can lead to murdering people. Ergo we should make everyone Atheist?

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 am

Why would people deny a potential human being the opportunity too live, people only say they think it isn't wrong because they are already ALIVE. Why reject a life? It could be a famous artist, mathematician, professor, professional sports player. Life is too precious to be vacuumed up and thrown away. Regardless what your religion is, you shouldn't think it's right to just throw away a life because of someone else's mistakes...

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard


Posts : 4346
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 29
Location : Hampton, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:34 am

Garrus wrote:
Why would people deny a potential human being the opportunity too live, people only say they think it isn't wrong because they are already ALIVE. Why reject a life? It could be a famous artist, mathematician, professor, professional sports player. Life is too precious to be vacuumed up and thrown away. Regardless what your religion is, you shouldn't think it's right to just throw away a life because of someone else's mistakes...

Alright, fine. But if they don't do something for the good of other people by age 21, we kill 'em.

I don't count, because I was born before the babies-who-would-have-been-aborted-by-their-mothers-are-forced-to-birth-them law was enacted.

So you shush.

_________________
(´・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Garrus wrote:
Why would people deny a potential human being the opportunity too live, people only say they think it isn't wrong because they are already ALIVE. Why reject a life? It could be a famous artist, mathematician, professor, professional sports player. Life is too precious to be vacuumed up and thrown away. Regardless what your religion is, you shouldn't think it's right to just throw away a life because of someone else's mistakes...

Alright, fine. But if they don't do something for the good of other people by age 21, we kill 'em.

I don't count, because I was born before the babies-who-would-have-been-aborted-by-their-mothers-are-forced-to-birth-them law was enacted.

So you shush.

you

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Garrus wrote:
Why would people deny a potential human being the opportunity too live, people only say they think it isn't wrong because they are already ALIVE. Why reject a life? It could be a famous artist, mathematician, professor, professional sports player. Life is too precious to be vacuumed up and thrown away. Regardless what your religion is, you shouldn't think it's right to just throw away a life because of someone else's mistakes...

Alright, fine. But if they don't do something for the good of other people by age 21, we kill 'em.

I don't count, because I was born before the babies-who-would-have-been-aborted-by-their-mothers-are-forced-to-birth-them law was enacted.

So you shush.

Makes sense to me. OMG!

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSG
Aqua Panther


Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 am

TheMortonator. wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:
Garrus wrote:
Why would people deny a potential human being the opportunity too live, people only say they think it isn't wrong because they are already ALIVE. Why reject a life? It could be a famous artist, mathematician, professor, professional sports player. Life is too precious to be vacuumed up and thrown away. Regardless what your religion is, you shouldn't think it's right to just throw away a life because of someone else's mistakes...

Alright, fine. But if they don't do something for the good of other people by age 21, we kill 'em.

I don't count, because I was born before the babies-who-would-have-been-aborted-by-their-mothers-are-forced-to-birth-them law was enacted.

So you shush.

Makes sense to me. OMG!


OH SHIT, OH SHIT! Someone get me some gun's I have two years left too do something good for the world. I choose too stop some terrorist organisation for good. If not that a sling shot that sends you into space .... or the sun!

_________________
I've had a cunt of a day. Everything that could go, did go wrong. So if I'm allowed to use a word in a song..........I've had a cunt of day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:30 am

I'm just gonna say that, as a woman, I am for abortions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astraeos
Needs To Go Outside


Posts : 741
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 am

Vaseline wrote:
I'm just gonna say that, as a woman, I am for abortions.

Sooo, how many you up to now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 am

Vaseline wrote:
I'm just gonna say that, as a woman, I am for abortions.

Okay, I try to be helpful, I really do, but if you're just going to walk into threads and highlight the fact that your female I'm not going to stop them from the kitchen jokes and/or putting you in Spanky's basement.

*goes over to genderless castle named Vampire*

Oh, it's so warm and comfy in here.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 am

I'm gonna go and stay neutral on this one... I don't really like playing god (I don't believe in such a being...)... I'm guessing I'm 'pro choice' but real choice... I'm not really gonna divulge into it, though... So yeah... I'm neutral on this one...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 am

Pro Choice under the right circumstances... where I'm coming from is those relationships where a couple will just have sex when their 16-20 and not really ready for it. Then the child might have a horrible childhood and end up with a horrible life. I say its best to prevent that from happening and likely ruin that childs life. So alright, I say Pro-Choice.

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthNemis
Cyber Terrorist
Cyber Terrorist


Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:21 am

LOL. No way>?!?! I was expecting me to be the only Pro Life person here.
I will note that i wouldnt make it illegal to get abortions. However, I am morally against abortions and think the girl should just let a family pay her 30000 dollars for the kid.

However, stuff like that is illegal. Which is fucking retarded. All these dumb ass retarded laws forbiding girls to recieve money for the awful thing which is pregnancy and deliving a child.

So i cant blame woman for choosing to get abortions sometimes, the should atleast accept the fact the are doing murder though.
The do have a right to murder someone who is infringing upon their rights though. Still i wish the would let them live and deliver them.

Ugh fucking government creates incentives for abortions because the dont allow woman to recieve money from a rich couple who wants a kid. or just a single parent even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:24 am

DarthNemis wrote:
LOL. No way>?!?! I was expecting me to be the only Pro Life person here.
I will note that i wouldnt make it illegal to get abortions. However, I am morally against abortions and think the girl should just let a family pay her 30000 dollars for the kid.

However, stuff like that is illegal. Which is fucking retarded. All these dumb ass retarded laws forbiding girls to recieve money for the awful thing which is pregnancy and deliving a child.

So i cant blame woman for choosing to get abortions sometimes, the should atleast accept the fact the are doing murder though.
The do have a right to murder someone who is infringing upon their rights though. Still i wish the would let them live and deliver them.

Ugh fucking government creates incentives for abortions because the dont allow woman to recieve money from a rich couple who wants a kid. or just a single parent even.

Ok...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthNemis
Cyber Terrorist
Cyber Terrorist


Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 am

Why the fuck are you guys bringing religion into this? I hate religion!!!!!!!! I believe in god under my own self made belief system which involves quantum physics and how it might be possible for god to be formed to begin with. No religion has any scientific explanation for god existing so i had to make my own.

Also i think organized religion is pretty worthless. However, it has proven to be very helpful for people with addiction problems and such. So its not all evil, but for the most part i hate religion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 am

Matieu Shepard wrote:
Pro Choice under the right circumstances... where I'm coming from is those relationships where a couple will just have sex when their 16-20 and not really ready for it. Then the child might have a horrible childhood and end up with a horrible life. I say its best to prevent that from happening and likely ruin that childs life. So alright, I say Pro-Choice.

Hey, it's their choice to go banging that early. Don't make the baby suffer because they're immature and horny. Put it up for adoption.

In some cases, those 16-20 y/o become fantastic parents. So you can't generalize that all 16-20 y/o will not be good parents.

And please, I beg you, don't let my tax dollars go to an unwed black guy and fat white girl that had sex and want to kill their fetus.


_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:49 am

Bobabounty wrote:
Matieu Shepard wrote:
Pro Choice under the right circumstances... where I'm coming from is those relationships where a couple will just have sex when their 16-20 and not really ready for it. Then the child might have a horrible childhood and end up with a horrible life. I say its best to prevent that from happening and likely ruin that childs life. So alright, I say Pro-Choice.

Hey, it's their choice to go banging that early. Don't make the baby suffer because they're immature and horny. Put it up for adoption.

In some cases, those 16-20 y/o become fantastic parents. So you can't generalize that all 16-20 y/o will not be good parents.

And please, I beg you, don't let my tax dollars go to an unwed black guy and fat white girl that had sex and want to kill their fetus.


So if you got a girl pregnant right now you would happily raise the child and pay maintenance towards the kid?

Honestly, if I got pregnant now I wouldn't think twice about what I'd do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

Bobabounty wrote:
Hey, it's their choice to go banging that early. Don't make the baby suffer because they're immature and horny. Put it up for adoption.

In some cases, those 16-20 y/o become fantastic parents. So you can't generalize that all 16-20 y/o will not be good parents.

And please, I beg you, don't let my tax dollars go to an unwed black guy and fat white girl that had sex and want to kill their fetus.


I'm not trying to generalize, I'm just saying that it happens a majority of the time. Adoptions sometimes turn out well, other times a child will go from family to family for a decade with each one just returning them. Either way, my opinion is not to put them through that. I don't see how this debate can be won for either of us...

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:20 am

Matieu Shepard wrote:
Bobabounty wrote:
Hey, it's their choice to go banging that early. Don't make the baby suffer because they're immature and horny. Put it up for adoption.

In some cases, those 16-20 y/o become fantastic parents. So you can't generalize that all 16-20 y/o will not be good parents.

And please, I beg you, don't let my tax dollars go to an unwed black guy and fat white girl that had sex and want to kill their fetus.


I'm not trying to generalize, I'm just saying that it happens a majority of the time. Adoptions sometimes turn out well, other times a child will go from family to family for a decade with each one just returning them. Either way, my opinion is not to put them through that. I don't see how this debate can be won for either of us...

Neither can I.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spankster
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1838
Join date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am

I really have no opinion on this matter accept that I don't believe ANY man can tell a woman what to do with their body.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 am

Spanky wrote:
I really have no opinion on this matter accept that I don't believe ANY man can tell a woman what to do with their body.


Amen to that, sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7907
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 pm

I find it funny, that most liberals are ok for killing innocent unborn children, but fight for the lives of serial rapist and murderers. Pro Life.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Branch wrote:
I find it funny, that most liberals are ok for killing innocent unborn children, but fight for the lives of serial rapist and murderers. Pro Life.

Yeah but it's not exactly "killing innocent unborn children".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Vaseline wrote:
Branch wrote:
I find it funny, that most liberals are ok for killing innocent unborn children, but fight for the lives of serial rapist and murderers. Pro Life.

Yeah but it's not exactly "killing innocent unborn children".

Shhh, let him live in his little world *Tucks Branch in and tells him a story about horrible liberals and epic conservatives. Turns light off* Good night little Texan...

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7907
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Vaseline wrote:
Branch wrote:
I find it funny, that most liberals are ok for killing innocent unborn children, but fight for the lives of serial rapist and murderers. Pro Life.

Yeah but it's not exactly "killing innocent unborn children".

Yeah it is. Have they killed, raped or robed anyone yet? lolno. They born yet? Nope. Are they children? Technically no, they are babies.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spankster
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1838
Join date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Vaseline wrote:
Branch wrote:
I find it funny, that most liberals are ok for killing innocent unborn children, but fight for the lives of serial rapist and murderers. Pro Life.

Yeah but it's not exactly "killing innocent unborn children".

Yeah! If they were so innocent they wouldn't have been in there to begin with!

Next you're gonna tell me that sterilizing fucktards is wrong!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pro Life or Pro Choice?    Today at 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Pro Life or Pro Choice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Multiple Choice Situational Story game
» Life coaching and women empowerment!
» The Life of a Dreamer
» Spell Choice help
» Your most EPIC moment in VCMP+In Real Life

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: