I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 0:06 by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 16:56 by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:36

GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
I imagine im going to be playing with a lot of Commander Shepard's with face deformities. At least the people playing with me will.

Your own Commander Shep. wont be used in multiplayer... depending on the class you choose (or something along those lines) you can pick a race and have a separate char for Multiplayer. ^_^

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com Online
GSG
Aqua Panther

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:48

Scott wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
I imagine im going to be playing with a lot of Commander Shepard's with face deformities. At least the people playing with me will.

Your own Commander Shep. wont be used in multiplayer... depending on the class you choose (or something along those lines) you can pick a race and have a separate char for Multiplayer. ^_^

Dam I wanted to make a Special ed A team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:51

GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
Scott wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:

Dam I wanted to make a Special ed A team.

xD

Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:52

Scott wrote:

:O

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:53

The Laughing Man wrote:
More multiplayer information:

-Mass Effect 3 multiplayer has been planned since the original Mass Effect.

-Mass Effect 3 represents the first time that Casey Hudson had felt comfortable implementing multiplayer into the series.

-The multiplayer experience boils down to a four player co-op survial style mode that lets you fight increasingly difficult waves of Cerberus foes.

-The enemies you’ll encounter can range from your most basic foot soldier to “assassin-like Phantoms and even the hulking metal titan-esque Atlas mechs”.

-Each “stage” allows you to go up against eleven waevvs that must be finished in order to complete that section. The mode reminds quite a few of Gears of War’s horde mode, allowing you to net experience points regardless if you finish the wave alive or not.

-The “Galaxy at War” mode gives you a reward system, character-progression suite, and a “stake in the larger battle that’s taking place in your single-player campaign.

-How you perform in the multiplayer missions has a result on your success in the main storyline as Shepard, but only if you want it to.

-Everything you do in the singleplayer campaign will earn you in-game currency called “War Assets”. War Assets allow you to purchase things such as allies, friendly fleets, or even a facility such as a radar station.

-Successfully completing various side-missions, larger plot points, and destroying your enemies will net you the War Assets needed to purchase the upgrades.

-“The more you play and build up your multiplayer characters to surive increasingly tough odds, the more power and influence your single-player Shepard will wield by the time the endgame comes based on the amount of War Assets earned.”

-If you’re one of those gamers that loves to complete every piece of a game, then you’re in luck. By doing enough in the singleplayer campaign, you will be able to earn enough War Assets, you won’t phave to participate in the “galactic war”.

-While you’re going through a variety of locations in singleplayer, you’ll see first-hand how the war has hit different colonies. Galaxy at War mode follows suit, allowing your individual character and team to take up arms to defend these various locations. Your squad is under the command of the Alliance Navy officer

-Admiral Hackett, making his return from each game. Fighting in each various area will and successfully defending it will “win for interstellar freedom”.

-As you complete each area or defend newly freed areas, your progress will be detailed on a color-coded map that you’ll be able to view while you’re in the game or a few other platforms. iOS devices, Facebook, and more will allow these to be viewable and have their own “unique hooks” into the Galaxy at War mode.

-In the build described in the magazine article, four character classes were mentioned: Soldier, Infiltrator, Engineer, and Sentinel. The final version of the game has been confirmed to have more classes than this to initially choose from, as well as unlockables.

-Each class that you select from will allow you to select from a variety of races. Ranging from the likes of a Krogan to a Drell, you’ll have a good bit of variety to choose from. Yes, a drell, the same race as Thane from Mass Effect 2 (we’re excited).

-As you can probably figure, each class will allow you to possess “specific abilities” as well as the ability to upgrade a few. Krogan soldiers were described as being able to use a charge attack to known down enemies, along with Soldiers being able to use the Omni-blade for a few rather lethal attacks. For those wondering, you’ll also be able to choose your gender when choosing any class.

-There’s a set level cap of 20.

-While you can stockpile characters, the experience you earn only records for that character’s specific class.
Once you level up, you’ll be able to assign those earned points to different abilities.

-Before heading into action, you can select your weapon & biotic-powers from the available options.

-Armor and weaponry can be upgraded to your individual tastes.

-Points can and will be earned for assists, kills, and other similar actions during multiplayer.

-When an ally goes down, you’ll have a limited amount of time to revive them. The article mentioned “spamming the A button” while down to increase the amount of time before bleeding out.

-Along with killing your enemies, mission objectives will be sprinkled here and there. Retrieving data packets around the map and protecting an ally while they hack a series of terminals were a few of the described mission objectives.

Source:
http://stickskills.com/2011/10/11/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-details-revealed/

Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 18:41

Scott wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

-Mass Effect 3 multiplayer has been planned since the original Mass Effect.

-Mass Effect 3 represents the first time that Casey Hudson had felt comfortable implementing multiplayer into the series.

-The multiplayer experience boils down to a four player co-op survial style mode that lets you fight increasingly difficult waves of Cerberus foes.

-The enemies you’ll encounter can range from your most basic foot soldier to “assassin-like Phantoms and even the hulking metal titan-esque Atlas mechs”.

-Each “stage” allows you to go up against eleven waevvs that must be finished in order to complete that section. The mode reminds quite a few of Gears of War’s horde mode, allowing you to net experience points regardless if you finish the wave alive or not.

-The “Galaxy at War” mode gives you a reward system, character-progression suite, and a “stake in the larger battle that’s taking place in your single-player campaign.

-How you perform in the multiplayer missions has a result on your success in the main storyline as Shepard, but only if you want it to.

-Everything you do in the singleplayer campaign will earn you in-game currency called “War Assets”. War Assets allow you to purchase things such as allies, friendly fleets, or even a facility such as a radar station.

-Successfully completing various side-missions, larger plot points, and destroying your enemies will net you the War Assets needed to purchase the upgrades.

-“The more you play and build up your multiplayer characters to surive increasingly tough odds, the more power and influence your single-player Shepard will wield by the time the endgame comes based on the amount of War Assets earned.”

-If you’re one of those gamers that loves to complete every piece of a game, then you’re in luck. By doing enough in the singleplayer campaign, you will be able to earn enough War Assets, you won’t phave to participate in the “galactic war”.

-While you’re going through a variety of locations in singleplayer, you’ll see first-hand how the war has hit different colonies. Galaxy at War mode follows suit, allowing your individual character and team to take up arms to defend these various locations. Your squad is under the command of the Alliance Navy officer

-Admiral Hackett, making his return from each game. Fighting in each various area will and successfully defending it will “win for interstellar freedom”.

-As you complete each area or defend newly freed areas, your progress will be detailed on a color-coded map that you’ll be able to view while you’re in the game or a few other platforms. iOS devices, Facebook, and more will allow these to be viewable and have their own “unique hooks” into the Galaxy at War mode.

-In the build described in the magazine article, four character classes were mentioned: Soldier, Infiltrator, Engineer, and Sentinel. The final version of the game has been confirmed to have more classes than this to initially choose from, as well as unlockables.

-Each class that you select from will allow you to select from a variety of races. Ranging from the likes of a Krogan to a Drell, you’ll have a good bit of variety to choose from. Yes, a drell, the same race as Thane from Mass Effect 2 (we’re excited).

-As you can probably figure, each class will allow you to possess “specific abilities” as well as the ability to upgrade a few. Krogan soldiers were described as being able to use a charge attack to known down enemies, along with Soldiers being able to use the Omni-blade for a few rather lethal attacks. For those wondering, you’ll also be able to choose your gender when choosing any class.

-There’s a set level cap of 20.

-While you can stockpile characters, the experience you earn only records for that character’s specific class.
Once you level up, you’ll be able to assign those earned points to different abilities.

-Before heading into action, you can select your weapon & biotic-powers from the available options.

-Armor and weaponry can be upgraded to your individual tastes.

-Points can and will be earned for assists, kills, and other similar actions during multiplayer.

-When an ally goes down, you’ll have a limited amount of time to revive them. The article mentioned “spamming the A button” while down to increase the amount of time before bleeding out.

-Along with killing your enemies, mission objectives will be sprinkled here and there. Retrieving data packets around the map and protecting an ally while they hack a series of terminals were a few of the described mission objectives.

Source:

"Microsoft has made such a rich multiplayer culture" lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 18:48

OMG! I can finally play as an Asari!

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 19:11

Causa wrote:
OMG! I can finally play as an Asari!

OMG I can finally kill an Asari Causa! DIE!

Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 8:47

Scott wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Source:

No multiplayer deathmatches or team vs team? blah, this just sounds like Splinter Cell co-op/Gears of War horde mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 16:54

Daroska wrote:
Scott wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Source:

No multiplayer deathmatches or team vs team? blah, this just sounds like Splinter Cell co-op/Gears of War horde mode.

Well I like Splinter Cell and Gears... so I'm kewl wit it. Besides I don't really see deathmatches or team vs team as working out in ME... at least not with the engine they use.

Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 21:22

I'm probably just gonna play multi-player with mis amigos todo del ano

Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 10:57

I don't give two shits about the multiplayer. Mostly because I don't have anyone to play it with and I absolutely refuse to play any co-op game online with random fuckfaces.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 11:53

Burkman wrote:
I don't give two shits about the multiplayer. Mostly because I don't have anyone to play it with and I absolutely refuse to play any co-op game online with random fuckfaces.

There's... all of us who will be getting the game. Oh man

Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 12:03

Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Who the hell would want to play with us?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 12:21

Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Well I already have a guild who has invested time in planning out what classes and rolls everyone will play in the multiplayer so... I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 15:05

Bioware is acting like their combat is exciting and a FPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 15:06

Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Exactly. I am strictly a single player person. Except when it comes to fighting games like Street Fighter.

OT'er

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 18:20

CollaWars wrote:
Bioware is acting like their combat is exciting and a FPS.

Well IDK about you, but I like it a lot.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER    Today at 18:19

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2