I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 HALp!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I has some moneh... now I need to upgrade my machine. So my first question I has for the computer gurus: How well does a an AM3 designed processor work with an AM2 Mobo. O.o

Unfortunately I can't give specs until I'm back at my apartment... but I have a limit of around $200 for a new CPU and graphics card. HALP PLoX! :D

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 2905
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 19
Location : Canadia

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Scott wrote:
I has some moneh... now I need to upgrade my machine. So my first question I has for the computer gurus: How well does a an AM3 designed processor work with an AM2 Mobo. O.o

Unfortunately I can't give specs until I'm back at my apartment... but I have a limit of around $200 for a new CPU and graphics card. HALP PLoX! :D

AM2 Mobo+ AM3 CPU= fucked up AM2 Mobo and fucked up AM3 CPU.

_________________
canada ayy lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:03 pm


_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:05 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Scott wrote:
I has some moneh... now I need to upgrade my machine. So my first question I has for the computer gurus: How well does a an AM3 designed processor work with an AM2 Mobo. O.o

Unfortunately I can't give specs until I'm back at my apartment... but I have a limit of around $200 for a new CPU and graphics card. HALP PLoX! :D

AM2 Mobo+ AM3 CPU= fucked up AM2 Mobo and fucked up AM3 CPU.

I'm told that you can do AM2 mobo and AM3 CPU as long as my BIOS are updated... but not AM3 mobo and AM2 CPU...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:53 pm

AM3 does not work on AM2. Upgrade your mobo and grab an Athlon x4 for cheap or a Phenom x4.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:53 pm

WilbournClause wrote:

I appreciate the Haio Miyazaki reference.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Absol wrote:
AM3 does not work on AM2. Upgrade your mobo and grab an Athlon x4 for cheap or a Phenom x4.

I don't have the money for a new mobo, CPU, AND GPU. you

I'm told if I update my BIOS I should be fine.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3069
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 20
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Scott wrote:
Absol wrote:
AM3 does not work on AM2. Upgrade your mobo and grab an Athlon x4 for cheap or a Phenom x4.

I don't have the money for a new mobo, CPU, AND GPU. you

I'm told if I update my BIOS I should be fine.

Who says? I'm pretty sure AM3 doesn't work with AM2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:36 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Scott wrote:
Absol wrote:
AM3 does not work on AM2. Upgrade your mobo and grab an Athlon x4 for cheap or a Phenom x4.

I don't have the money for a new mobo, CPU, AND GPU. you

I'm told if I update my BIOS I should be fine.

Who says? I'm pretty sure AM3 doesn't work with AM2

I'm told by some guildmates and other areas online that AM2 and AM2+ Mobos will support an AM3 CPU if the BIOS is updated. But it wont work vice versa.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:34 am

What... In the name of the virgin Merry's plumb breasts are you talking about?!
no...just no

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:46 am

The Fonz wrote:
What... In the name of the virgin Merry's plumb breasts are you talking about?!
no...just no

I'm trying to update my computer and hearing two different things from people. @_@

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 am

Scott wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
What... In the name of the virgin Merry's plumb breasts are you talking about?!
no...just no

I'm trying to update my computer and hearing two different things from people. @_@

Well... Then... Before you move any further... I suggest you go and see a professional... Preferably with an M.D or PhD in Psychology...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Update:

There is no BIOS update for my mobo... But why!?

These are the processors I can use with my mobo:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01285437&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2093&product=3548669&sw_lang=#N92

Does anyone know if any of these will run TOR? GPUs too?

Thanks
Scott

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HALp!   Today at 12:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
HALp!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Artisans Hammer halp
» Halp pls
» Unholy Paladin need halp
» Tran Athulua with Assassin Tiefling mage? Halp me.
» pokemon white wifi halp

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: