I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:49 pm

The Joker wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:
How painful do you think it is to die from liver failure? If you took a bunch of acetaminophen and some sleeping pills, do you think you'd fall asleep and die peacefully from liver failure in your sleep?


You're not contemplating suicide again, are you?

Look... Whatever I might have or will say... Know that I don't think yours or any other life is meaningless... Whatever reason you might have... It's not worth it... It's OK to have past the Denial stage, but giving in to Depression is not really the option you're looking for... Just accept it. What's done is done. It's in the past. You can't change but you can start fresh.

Your problem is social encounters. That's probably because you're too self-conscious. Let go. It doesn't matter what other people think of you. That's why they're called other people. You're your own peer. There's only one person you need ever answer to and that person is you. Not 'them', not 'Him-All-Mighty' (or whatever).

Since you just got a new job, this is the perfect time to make a new image of yourself. Start dressing smart (I mean good- shirt, pants, fancy shoes; try getting glasses). Like this guy:


This is me with one of my best high school friends (I'm in black). He's been with his girlfriend for near three (maybe actually more) years now. They got together around the same time as me and my ex. I consider him one of the coolest people I know.

I don't know how much you weigh or anything, but lose some weigh if you feel over. Start doing regular workouts. Even swimming if you're into it. It helped me get into shape and develop a well-formed body. No, I know I'm not some muscular son-of-a-bitch, but you don't need that. All you need is a well-formed body, not an excess of muscle fiber- a common misconception. Add the possible friend/acquaintance or two you're gonna meet at the gym/pool/whatever and we're already on the right track.

Don't be afraid to open up with a joke. Now, I'm not saying you gotta be everyone's favorite uncle (less so, knowing the 'little secrets' those kinds of uncles usually have...). Look at things a little more comically. Try to look happy most of the time and don't be afraid of other people getting in your personal space. They're gonna leave without you chasing them with the fly-swatter. They just wanna be friendly. It's a common human drive. We are herd animals. We need the approval of others to feel fulfilled.

Be a friend. Don't be afraid to get in other people's business if you can clearly see they need the help. But don't, unless you're completely certain they need it. Otherwise you might be looking at another harassment claim...

Look... All I'm trying to say is that you need to become a bit more open and a lot less loner-y... Just relax. People don't bite... Stop caring about what others think of you. It's probably not that bad anyways...

Is that for real you? That is SO not how I pictured you. How old is that pic?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

The Joker wrote:
Reverend Burkman wrote:
BananaDealer, he's clearly trying to pull your leg with his lies.


Believe it, brah.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:09 pm

@ Morrigan: Couple o' years... That was on our graduation ceremony (before they gave us the stinky robes)... Haven't changed much... I've started growing my beard a bit, the four-day stubble kinda thing... That has made my face look longer... Still, not much difference... Still wear the same shirt at times... Think I had it on at Eurogamer... That was the first photo of me I gave you...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

The Joker wrote:
@ Morrigan: Couple o' years... That was on our graduation ceremony (before they gave us the stinky robes)... Haven't changed much... I've started growing my beard a bit, the four-day stubble kinda thing... That has made my face look longer... Still, not much difference... Still wear the same shirt at times... Think I had it on at Eurogamer... That was the first photo of me I gave you...

Really? Huh I must be really burnt I don't remember that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
The Joker wrote:
@ Morrigan: Couple o' years... That was on our graduation ceremony (before they gave us the stinky robes)... Haven't changed much... I've started growing my beard a bit, the four-day stubble kinda thing... That has made my face look longer... Still, not much difference... Still wear the same shirt at times... Think I had it on at Eurogamer... That was the first photo of me I gave you...

Really? Huh I must be really burnt I don't remember that.

http://swtorot.forumotion.com/t1582-eurogamer-expo-2011-in-retrospect

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies


Posts : 2377
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 1003
Location : Ghetto

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 am

Bananadealer looks like Keanu Reeves.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:31 am

Daroska wrote:
Bananadealer looks like Keanu Reeves.

Wat?


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:06 pm


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker


Posts : 4511
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:23 pm

I really do need to read "The Killing Joke". What can you say about it, Ban?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Gaming Misfit wrote:
I really do need to read "The Killing Joke". What can you say about it, Ban?

It's basically The Joker trying to prove that anyone, given 'one bad day', can fall into insanity, just like he did. It also suggests and (some might say) canonizes one of the possible stories of how The Joker came to be (the Ace Chemicals accident). It's pretty much the comic book (actually graphic novel) that 'made' the Joker. With it they took the persona back to his roots- the homicidal maniac with a taste for theatrical comedy, but they also made the him a deeper character. In the years before 'The Killing Joke' (the late 70s), the Joker had become more of a clown than a maniac, a laughing stock if you will, Batman's punch bag... With 'The Killing Joke' they gave the Joker the 'I just want to watch the world burn' side (portrayed by Heath Ledger in 'The Dark Knight')...

I recommend it as reading material for anyone who wants to get into Joker's mindset... Just like I suggest 'Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth'... Both also delve a bit deeper into the mind of the Bat himself, the Joker (in The Killing Joke) trying to prove that Batman is indeed just as insane as he himself is, having had 'one bad day' (the killing of his parents)... Arkham Asylum on the other hand suggests the evil of 'The Bat'.

Arkham Asylum can also be viewed as the foundation of the game with the same name, sharing most of the same facts and themes.

In any case- read both and if you haven't play through both recent Batman games...

In truth, I see 'Arkham City' as a re-make of 'The Killing Joke'- The Joker trying to bring Batman to terms with his own insanity by giving him 'one bad day'...


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:45 pm

tl;dr What is this.. I don
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

ZombieGrimeth wrote:
tl;dr What is this.. I don

No more chocolate pudding for you...


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm

The Joker wrote:
ZombieGrimeth wrote:
tl;dr What is this.. I don

No more chocolate pudding for you...

I'm sick.

I DON'T WANT CHOCOLATE PUDDING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

I want Grim's pudding.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Eli Manning wrote:
I want Grim's pudding.

Dude... That nasty...
uh huh

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:10 pm

The Joker wrote:
Eli Manning wrote:
I want Grim's pudding.

Dude... That nasty...
uh huh

What? because he doesn't refrigerate it? Or is it because he buys that shitty vanilla pudding?

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Eli Manning wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Eli Manning wrote:
I want Grim's pudding.

Dude... That nasty...
uh huh

What? because he doesn't refrigerate it? Or is it because he buys that shitty vanilla pudding?

Hey! Vanilla pudding is good!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Causa wrote:
Eli Manning wrote:
The Joker wrote:


Dude... That nasty...
uh huh

What? because he doesn't refrigerate it? Or is it because he buys that shitty vanilla pudding?

Hey! Vanilla pudding is good!

What is this.. I don

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Eli Manning wrote:


What is this.. I don

At least, I think it is. Sad

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Causa wrote:
Eli Manning wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Eli Manning wrote:
I want Grim's pudding.

Dude... That nasty...
uh huh

What? because he doesn't refrigerate it? Or is it because he buys that shitty vanilla pudding?

Hey! Vanilla pudding is good!

chocolate pudding > vanilla pudding

Truf yo...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Scott wrote:


chocolate pudding > vanilla pudding

Truf yo...


It's still good though.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:37 pm

You know... Somebody can write a book about the conversation patterns in the OT...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard


Posts : 4343
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 29
Location : Hampton, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:59 pm

The Joker wrote:
You know... Somebody can write a book about the conversation patterns in the OT...

I want to read the ulyaoth chapter in a book on the OT.

_________________
(´・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:11 pm

The Joker wrote:
You know... Somebody can write a book about the conversation patterns in the OT...

It would be more of a montage... >.>

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Scott wrote:
The Joker wrote:
You know... Somebody can write a book about the conversation patterns in the OT...

It would be more of a montage... >.>
I was thinking more of a scrap-book that comes with the actual book... We can add the price of the haz-mat suit that would also be therefore obligatorily included seeing how most of the makeups of said scrap-book would involve socks and, apparently, sandals...





















































































































































































































_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   Today at 6:41 am

Back to top Go down
 
1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Last Post Wins
» Last to Post Wins!
» Last to Post Wins!
» Last to Post Wins!
» Last to Post Wins!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: