OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Mass Effect 3!

Go down 
+12
Meatlocker
Callin
Grimeth
CollaWars
Branch
Yeet
Causa
Boba
Daroska
Scott
Ban-Anad
Burkman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 am

Gannicus wrote:
I don't think I'm going to even download it. Maybe eventually though.

Slanderous lies...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, that shit comes out today. It can't be to bad considering my exepectations are so low they are next to dinosaur bones...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Oh yeah, that shit comes out today. It can't be to bad considering my exepectations are so low they are next to dinosaur bones...

*Tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:37 am

I still don't see what was so terrible about ME3's ending. What were you expecting? 34 unique endings depending on what you did? The ending is pretty much how ME2's ending was, right?

How many endings did ME2 have? 2. One where shepard dies and one where he lives. Plus a series of checkboxes over which characters are alive or not. rachni queen this, wrex that, blah blah blah. The ending is the same! Hell, there's really only one ending. You can't import a save where he dies.

There's only so many ways the ME trilogy could really end. Reapers destroy everything or they don't.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 am

Hey look, somebody's opinion I do not care about.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
I still don't see what was so terrible about ME3's ending. What were you expecting? 34 unique endings depending on what you did? The ending is pretty much how ME2's ending was, right?

How many endings did ME2 have? 2. One where shepard dies and one where he lives. Plus a series of checkboxes over which characters are alive or not. rachni queen this, wrex that, blah blah blah. The ending is the same! Hell, there's really only one ending. You can't import a save where he dies.

There's only so many ways the ME trilogy could really end. Reapers destroy everything or they don't.

Wasn't this pretty much what I said two threads back?
But here's what you're missing- It's not the actual ending most people are pissed at, it's the way it was delivered, the ton of plot holes it left open and the other ton of plot holes it made...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 am

I'm downloading the Extended Cut as we speak. This is supposed to contain "closure", but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 am

I too am DLing the extended cut... and preparing myself for the biggest slap in the face insult to ever be delivered from a gaming company to it's customers and fans! OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

ba-boom!
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

No, I don't think you understand how bad the ending is.

Quote :
It would not surprise me if the EC essentially consisted of that; the writers responsible talking down to us like we're completely thick. I get the ending; I just think that it's utter arse that runs contrary to everything the series had set out and what I had accomplished to that point.

I think somebody did care, as I think there are a lot of great character moments and banter in there. [I do agree that I wish someone had been there to stop the writers from getting so self-indulgent at the end, where they do their level best to undo five years of goodwill in five minutes.

I can't help but feel that Bioware has misunderstood what the central appeal of the series is. They were caught napping when it came to the Deception debacle, and that should've served as a warning sign. There's also the fact that a lot of the DLC for ME2 was really substandard, with Lair of the Shadow Broker being the only noteworthy one to my mind as it focused more on character interaction than combat. The plot's never been particularly deep either and it didn't have to be, but such a jarring and entirely unwelcome tonal change in the last five minutes, with plot points seemingly invented on the spot and no real chance to affect the outcome, makes for a really nihilistic ending that is literally unbelievable when the credits roll. No matter how Bioware try to slice it, I have the feeling nothing will really change with the EC.

Point and match. Stop arguing things you don't understand, Uly.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 am

They've already release vids on youtube of the extended endings... Not helping yo case
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 am

Scott wrote:
They've already release vids on youtube of the extended endings... Not helping yo case

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

You edited my post. Fuck you. You're a police officer who abuses his power cuz someone made him mad.

Also, that argument you posted doesn't say why it's so bad, just that it's bad. "Oh, we had choices and shit and then the ending didn't give us choices and shit" The story had an end, you finished the story. Reapers stopped! Yay! Would you like an ending where they destroy everyone and the cycle continues? That's really the only other outcome, details aside. You stop 'em or you don't.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 am

You're an idiot who can't read. You haven't played the game. You're not a true fan to understand. Go away and find your own subject.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

Burkman wrote:
You're an idiot who can't read. You haven't played the game. You're not a true fan to understand. Go away and find your own subject.

That would be like telling a dog not to pee on the brand new Persian carpet...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Then that dog needs to be taken outside and beaten.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

Ending is fine. Just like dark tower ending. Many complained, was fine. In red ending, shepard destroys the reapers and as a bonus kills the geth, right? Shame 'bout that EDI bitch. And he gets to live, apparently. Yay, all is well.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

facepalm
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:29 am

Looked at the endings on Youtube because I'm a lazy ass who is not downloading the extended cut.

And...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

Burkman, I haven't finished ME2 and I never played ME3. I didn't experience the story for myself so I can't really understand why the ending is so terrible unless I played it myself. I just think I wouldn't find it that bad, but I wasn't there to know for sure. I mentioned that before and I'd be willing to accept it. You were a prick about it though, and that makes me fight back.

I know what I did was rude, too. Saying you couldn't argue against my point. I'm sorry. I wanted you to tell me why you thought the ending was bad. I now know I shouldn't have done it by poking you with a stick like that.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 am

Wat... Wat

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 am

You know... about the extended endings....

Serious spoiler, btw. Not a joke one.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Burkman wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Then that dog needs to be taken outside and beaten.

And what exactly is prohibiting you from acting on those words you just spoke?

@Uly: This is where you stop posting in this thread if you know what's good for you...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
And what exactly is prohibiting you from acting on those words you just spoke?

@Uly: This is where you stop posting in this thread if you know what's good for you...

Encouraging burkman using his admin powers on me because he doesn't like what I said doesn't bode well for everyone, not just me.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Burkman, I haven't finished ME2 and I never played ME3. I didn't experience the story for myself so I can't really understand why the ending is so terrible unless I played it myself. I just think I wouldn't find it that bad, but I wasn't there to know for sure. I mentioned that before and I'd be willing to accept it. You were a prick about it though, and that makes me fight back.

I know what I did was rude, too. Saying you couldn't argue against my point. I'm sorry. I wanted you to tell me why you thought the ending was bad. I now know I shouldn't have done it by poking you with a stick like that.

Then just play it... And I'm only a prick because of the things you say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3!
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next