OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Favorite superheroes/villians

Go down 
+9
Burkman
GSG
CollaWars
Callin
The Mortonator
Scott
Branch
Ban-Anad
Yeet
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Favorite superheroes/villians Empty
PostSubject: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Mine are: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, War Machine, Deadpool, Punisher, Taskmaster, and Venom.

And Grimeth thinks Batman could beat anybody... you
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:58 pm

The Joker.

And Grim's right.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Spider-man could beat Batman in my opinion. Given that Batman doesn't get months to prepare.

Batman with preparation is good, I'll admit. But I'd still stick with my favorite.

Favorite superheroes/villians Spider-meme-6
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Thor. Iron man. Captain America. Thats it.

I dont like DC anymore because theres no meaning and no way to relate. Villians pop out of nowhere and luckily the hero got his powers (or whatever) in time. Batman is the only exception.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I... don't think I have a favorite superhero... I'll have to give it some thought.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Kenny Powers wrote:
Spider-man could beat Batman in my opinion. Given that Batman doesn't get months to prepare.

Batman with preparation is good, I'll admit. But I'd still stick with my favorite.

I honestly don't think Batman would need prep time to take out Spider-man. Let's see, Sticks to Walls, check; Able to Swing, check; World Class Fighter, super check; Sticky Trapping Fluids, check; Genius, waaaay better than Spider-check; Spider-sense, not check, but close. So, basically Batman can do whatever a spider can. And that's before counting the Ninja training, Batarangs, Batmobile, Cape, Smoke Bombs, Gas Bombs, Just Bombs, and a few thousand other wonderful toys. Spider-man is okay, but I don't see how he could possibly beat Batman. If nothing else Batman can fill a room with gas or get into one of his Bat-suits that make the Iron Man armor look bad.

But the whole point is moot because Batman is ALWAYS prepared.

Last edited by The Mortonator on Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Spider-man's advantage is that everything is natural. The swinging, climbing, webslinging. It'd be an awesome fight to see since they're so alike. But besides the natural stuff, Batman is better.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Branch wrote:
Spider-man's advantage is that everything is natural. The swinging, climbing, webslinging. It'd be an awesome fight to see since they're so alike. But besides the natural stuff, Batman is better.

Yes, being bitten by a radioactive spider and building webslingers is way more natural than having years of the most intense training and building an entire set of armor and weapons.

Favorite superheroes/villians Batman-facepalm1

Last edited by The Mortonator on Mon May 28, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:38 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Kenny Powers wrote:

I honestly don't think Batman would need prep time to take out Spider-man. Let's see, Sticks to Walls, check; Able to Swing, check; World Class Fighter, super check; Sticky Trapping Fluids, check; Genius, waaaay better than Spider-check; Spider-sense, not check, but close. So, basically Batman can do whatever a spider can. And that's before counting the Ninja training, Batarangs, Batmobile, Cape, Smoke Bombs, Gas Bombs, Just Bombs, and a few thousand other wonderful toys. Spider-man is okay, but I don't see how he could possibly beat Batman. If nothing else Batman can fill a room with gas or get into one of his Bat-suits that make the Iron Man armor look bad.

But the whole point is moot because Batman is ALWAYS prepared.

Batman isn't nearly as agile or mobile as spiderman...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:39 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:

Yes, being bitten by a radioactive spider and building webslingers is way more natural than having years of the most intense training and building an entire set of armor and weapons.

Well, what I mean is, if they were having a race across New York, Spidey would win (besides all those new fanlged auto-mobiles of Bats)
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:41 pm

And the genious factor of batman? Let's think about this... who does Spiderman fight? Evil geniuses...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Scott wrote:
And the genious factor of batman? Let's think about this... who does Spiderman fight? Evil geniuses...

Favorite superheroes/villians Lizard

Favorite superheroes/villians DoctorOctopus

Favorite superheroes/villians Green_goblin2

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Not to mention the Insidious Six.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm

One thing people forget to realize about Spider-Man is that he is actually EXTREMELY strong. Able to lift over 10 tons. Hell, in one comic he was able to lift 25+ tons. This is compared to Batman who is still a strong motherfucker, but his strength is probably only equivalent to a very successful power-lifter. Spidey is definitely faster and more alert without question. His reaction time is crazily faster than a regular person. Batman is smarter, but Peter Parker is a pretty smart guy as well.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Kenny Powers wrote:
One thing people forget to realize about Spider-Man is that he is actually EXTREMELY strong. Able to lift over 10 tons. Hell, in one comic he was able to lift 25+ tons. This is compared to Batman who is still a strong motherfucker, but his strength is probably only equivalent to a very successful power-lifter. Spidey is definitely faster and more alert without question. His reaction time is crazily faster than a regular person. Batman is smarter, but Peter Parker is a pretty smart guy as well.

As a teenager, he created web-spinners AND a fancy costume in his room without his Aunt ever knowing. OMG!

Last edited by Branch on Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Kenny Powers wrote:

Peter Parker was a straight A student... HONORS BITCHES!
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Branch wrote:
Kenny Powers wrote:

As a teenager, he created web-spinners AND a fancy costume in his room without his Aunt every knowing. OMG!

Not sure if kewl or make gay... yeah
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Batman sure felt a lot more agile in his video games than Spider-man did. After all, he can swing, glide, climb, and disappear only to reappear in front of you. The biggest difference is that Spider-man shows off his agility while Batman moves silently and just as if not faster. Spider-man also fights with a lot more attacks all over the place while Batman is a lot more precise in his punches. He's expending less effort to achieve maximum results. Granted, Spider-man is stronger and has a better run speed, but that doesn't make him the better fighter or quicker by a long shot.

@ Geniuses: Remember these clowns?

Favorite superheroes/villians Hugo_Strange_1

Favorite superheroes/villians 338704-148690-scarface

Favorite superheroes/villians 200px-Black_Mask_1

Favorite superheroes/villians 88074-157108-mad-hatter

Favorite superheroes/villians ThePenguin_01

Favorite superheroes/villians Mr._Freeze_-_New_52

Favorite superheroes/villians PoisonIvy

Favorite superheroes/villians Catwoman-4

Favorite superheroes/villians 278px-Ra%27s_al_Ghul-1

Favorite superheroes/villians Riddler

Favorite superheroes/villians 250px-Manwholaughs

Last edited by The Mortonator on Mon May 28, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding in a few more I forgot, man is Batman's gallery filled with these guys.)
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
[color=green]Batman sure felt a lot more agile in his video games than Spider-man did. After all, he can swing, glide, climb, and disappear only to reappear in front of you. The biggest difference is that Spider-man shows off his agility while Batman moves silently and just as if not faster. Spider-man also fights with a lot more attacks all over the place while Batman is a lot more precise in his punches. He's expending less effort to achieve maximum results. Granted, Spider-man is stronger and has a better run speed, but that doesn't make him the better fighter or quicker by a long shot.

Speaking of Batman games I really need to get Arkham City...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Let's not forget the all mighty Spider Sense. All of those precise attacks by Bats will be caught by Peter in time. Unless, they're fighting in a perfect cube with no windows, Spidey will use the enviroment against Batman. Batman does to, but I've seen more examples from Spidey. Batman usually depends on his belt.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:02 pm

The point was Batman's "geniousness" wont be a factor in their fight (not that his villains were worse). And no... I'm sorry... batman is not more agile or faster than spiderman. He's simply not.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:05 pm

The thing I love about ol' Spidey is that when he doesn't have the suit on he's a normal guy. Hell, he even delivers pizzas and can't get a girl!
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Branch wrote:
Let's not forget the all mighty Spider Sense. All of those precise attacks by Bats will be caught by Peter in time. Unless, they're fighting in a perfect cube with no windows, Spidey will use the enviroment against Batman. Batman does to, but I've seen more examples from Spidey. Batman usually depends on his belt.

I didn't. Again, Batgas would be the obvious answer. Besides which Batman has actually won against a Time Traveler that was predicting his every attack. This actually has it's basis in a real technique where you strike at completely random depending on reflexive circumstances. Sorry Spidey, Batman can predict you too and he has a trick for hitting precogs. Even ones that know far better than Spider-man exactly where he is supposed to strike because they lived it.

Scott wrote:
The point was Batman's "geniousness" wont be a factor in their fight (not that his villains were worse). And no... I'm sorry... batman is not more agile or faster than spiderman. He's simply not.

Batman's bigger brains is an edge. Just cause Spidey fights smart people a lot doesn't make him immune. And yes, Spidey is faster on a treadmill, but both of them use the same technique to travel and Batman has more options while swinging.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:36 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:

I didn't. Again, Batgas would be the obvious answer. Besides which Batman has actually won against a Time Traveler that was predicting his every attack. This actually has it's basis in a real technique where you strike at completely random depending on reflexive circumstances. Sorry Spidey, Batman can predict you too and he has a trick for hitting precogs. Even ones that know far better than Spider-man exactly where he is supposed to strike because they lived it.

Scott wrote:

Batman's bigger brains is an edge. Just cause Spidey fights smart people a lot doesn't make him immune. And yes, Spidey is faster on a treadmill, but both of them use the same technique to travel and Batman has more options while swinging.

Lets say they just met. How does Bats know that his batgas is exactly what is needed? Spider sense doesnt predict. Its an instict that warns Spidey of danger. In the animated series, Black Cat tackled Spidey without his senses going off, because she was being.. er... playful...

And even if the batgas works. Venom can attack Spidey without the senses going off. Venom is nearly Spidey's equal only better. Stronger, quicker, and considering the symboid is extraterrestrial, I'd guess smarter. He knows Spidey perfectly, yet Spidey beats him everytime.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh and for the record...

Favorite superheroes/villians Jonah_hex07
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite superheroes/villians
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next