I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Favorite superheroes/villians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 am

The only effective way for Bane to beat the Hulk is to somehow get a hold of a Gamma Radiation gun or some shit which would convert the Hulk back into Banner. From there, the outcome would be obvious. Back in the old days, the Hulk would revert back to Banner from exposure to gamma radiation, but I don't know if that happens anymore.

Let the record show that Bane is better at hand-to-hand, and is actually really smart despite his size, but the thing is that the Hulk would seriously overpower him.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 am

Does anyone else hope that Batman says "You are the bane of my existence." in the The Dark Night Rises.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
The only effective way for Bane to beat the Hulk is to somehow get a hold of a Gamma Radiation gun or some shit which would convert the Hulk back into Banner. From there, the outcome would be obvious. Back in the old days, the Hulk would revert back to Banner from exposure to gamma radiation, but I don't know if that happens anymore.

Let the record show that Bane is better at hand-to-hand, and is actually really smart despite his size, but the thing is that the Hulk would seriously overpower him.

I didn't say anything but. Of course the Hulk has the massive advantage. In fact, Hulk might be able to take on Batman. But arguing that because Iron Man knows Hulk he can face Batman? No. Just no. Between the Teleporters, space station, suits that are better than Iron Man's, and insane hacking skills Batman has Iron Man can't hold a candle. Sure, Batman doesn't always run around in his big suits. That's because he is a stealth fighter. He strikes from the shadows and takes out an opponent with superior agility, timing, and brains. He can fight Iron Man on Iron Man's own terms, but he doesn't have to.



Branch, you're gonna have to find stronger Marvel characters to argue can beat the Batman. Say whaaa? Here's a hint, Uly is closer than you on this.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm

yall do understand that saying so and so is better because of a higher IQ dont mean squat right. I say Tony Stark is alot smarter than Bruce Wayne and his suit is alot better than what Batman has.

Bruce Wayne/Batman's greatest ally has and always will be TIME.
Time to research.
Time to plan.
Time to build.
Time to implement.

Take away the suit and the two are pretty even. Billionaire Playboy Philanthropists that have a love for Gadgets.

Batman actually has a portfolio of EVERY superhero he has encountered with their weaknesses and strengths. Plans and strategies on how to beat them, and what to do if they ever go rogue.

Look at this fact. How many times has batman been captured and placed in traps only to have busted free and beat the bad guy because he was given enough time to plan an escape... Too many to count. BUT STILL all it took was a simple thug and a surprise attack with a black jack and BAM out like a light.

_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 19
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Captain Planet could beat Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Captain Planet could beat Batman.

Only because Batman has no "Heart" lol

I\'m not crazy

_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Callin wrote:
I say Tony Stark is alot smarter than Bruce Wayne and his suit is alot better than what Batman has.

That's where you are mistaken. Look at their tech, Batman build a station in space with teleporters for goodness sake. He literally has a space laser pointed at the earth. He's built versions of Iron Man suits with even more weapons in them. Bigger does not equal better. Batman has way more fields of studies and a huge advantage in tech.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker


Posts : 4511
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Favorite Super Hero: Spider-Man.
Why?: He's been my favorite since I was little. I like the villains he fights and the way he uses his head to get through situations. Not quite as much a genius as Batman I'd say, but Spider-Man has plenty of brain smarts and while he does deal with typical Hero problems he feels much more...human than alot of other heroes.

Favorite Anti-Hero: Deadpool
Why?: He's freaking hilarious.

Favorite Villain: I...I honestly don't know.




_________________
gottagofastDOODOODOO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker


Posts : 4511
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Callin wrote:
I say Tony Stark is alot smarter than Bruce Wayne and his suit is alot better than what Batman has.

That's where you are mistaken. Look at their tech, Batman build a station in space with teleporters for goodness sake. He literally has a space laser pointed at the earth. He's built versions of Iron Man suits with even more weapons in them. Bigger does not equal better. Batman has way more fields of studies and a huge advantage in tech.

Batman has the same tech savvy as Iron Man, and he also has strategical knowledge on top of that.

_________________
gottagofastDOODOODOO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 4:42 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Hulk might be able to take on Batman.

Might??? Batman wouldn't have a chance! The Hulk would launch him to the sun in seconds!

And do you mean to say that incest is the answer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Hulk might be able to take on Batman.

Might??? Batman wouldn't have a chance! The Hulk would launch him to the sun in seconds!

And do you mean to say that incest is the answer?

Batman wouldn't fight him head on... Batman is smart and he knows how to strategize.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm sorry did you say Batman built a space station? lolno... he contracted people to build it.

I hate to break it to you guys... but Batman's not as smart as you think... and he most certainly doesn't make better gadgets than Stark.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Hulk might be able to take on Batman.

Might??? Batman wouldn't have a chance! The Hulk would launch him to the sun in seconds!

And do you mean to say that incest is the answer?

Batman wouldn't fight him head on... Batman is smart and he knows how to strategize.

The Hulk would chase after him destroying everything and everyone in his path. And Batman uses what on him? Gases? Doesnt matter to Hulk. He can breathe in space for crying out loud. Sharp things? Papercut. Explosives? Pisses him off. The Hulk can leap miles and throw tanks like they were pillows. Batmobile? Dinner. The Batcopter or Batplane is like a duck flying around in a lion's cage.


P.S. I found Hulk's weakness. From the Marvel Wiki:

Adamantium and vibranium has been shown capable of piercing the Hulk's skin; in World War Hulk, Wolverine, X-23, and Black Panther's claws could pierce it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Branch wrote:
Sin-magir wrote:
Branch wrote:


Might??? Batman wouldn't have a chance! The Hulk would launch him to the sun in seconds!

And do you mean to say that incest is the answer?

Batman wouldn't fight him head on... Batman is smart and he knows how to strategize.

The Hulk would chase after him destroying everything and everyone in his path. And Batman uses what on him? Gases? Doesnt matter to Hulk. He can breathe in space for crying out loud. Sharp things? Papercut. Explosives? Pisses him off. The Hulk can leap miles and throw tanks like they were pillows. Batmobile? Dinner. The Batcopter or Batplane is like a duck flying around in a lion's cage.


P.S. I found Hulk's weakness. From the Marvel Wiki:

Adamantium and vibranium has been shown capable of piercing the Hulk's skin; in World War Hulk, Wolverine, X-23, and Black Panther's claws could pierce it.

Aesthetics to calm Hulk down have also proven effective.

Scott wrote:
I'm sorry did you say Batman built a space station? lolno... he contracted people to build it.

So? Iron Man orders his robots to do most of the work. Both have been shown to work on their own gadgets as well. When Tony Stark gets a teleporter in his home or a space laser or a fleet of spaceships or for that matter any tech Batman doesn't at all you can name then we can talk.


Also, incest isn't the answer. Quicksilver isn't either, but he is very close to some of the Marvel characters that are stronger.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Callin wrote:
I say Tony Stark is alot smarter than Bruce Wayne and his suit is alot better than what Batman has.

That's where you are mistaken. Look at their tech, Batman build a station in space with teleporters for goodness sake. He literally has a space laser pointed at the earth. He's built versions of Iron Man suits with even more weapons in them. Bigger does not equal better. Batman has way more fields of studies and a huge advantage in tech.

you missed the point of what i said. we can not for a fact claim anything because its FICTION. there is no way to determine who is smarter or what have you unless you in fact become the owner/writer.

So all this banter is total bullshit.

Debate on what has been shown to be true. Not on what you believe or think is right.

also was it HIS tech or was it borrowed tech from the DC Universe? Since i have no idea what your talking about (i have not followed any of the newer stuff)

_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Callin wrote:
Debate on what has been shown to be true. Not on what you believe or think is right.

I am. Which is why I have offered examples of what Batman has done.

Callin wrote:
also was it HIS tech or was it borrowed tech from the DC Universe? Since i have no idea what your talking about (i have not followed any of the newer stuff)

It's "borrowed" tech in the sense that he stole from alien technology and then studied it, but he changed the original designs and build them from the ground up with Wayne Enterprises technology. (For example, he will take Scarecrow's toxins and then change the structure and manufacture them himself.) So, for all intents and purposes all the Justice League bases are literally Batman's technology. They even have an army of backdoors and contingencies. In fact, at one time one of Batman's villains flips the switch and comes close to defeating the entire JLA.

(I haven't actually followed any of the newer comic stuff myself. I just watch the cartoons for the most part and check the wikis before presenting facts. I pretty much dislike comics aside from a select few. Too expensive anyways.)

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 9:12 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Callin wrote:
Debate on what has been shown to be true. Not on what you believe or think is right.

I am. Which is why I have offered examples of what Batman has done.

Callin wrote:
also was it HIS tech or was it borrowed tech from the DC Universe? Since i have no idea what your talking about (i have not followed any of the newer stuff)

It's "borrowed" tech in the sense that he stole from alien technology and then studied it, but he changed the original designs and build them from the ground up with Wayne Enterprises technology. (For example, he will take Scarecrow's toxins and then change the structure and manufacture them himself.) So, for all intents and purposes all the Justice League bases are literally Batman's technology. They even have an army of backdoors and contingencies. In fact, at one time one of Batman's villains flips the switch and comes close to defeating the entire JLA.

(I haven't actually followed any of the newer comic stuff myself. I just watch the cartoons for the most part and check the wikis before presenting facts. I pretty much dislike comics aside from a select few. Too expensive anyways.)

k im done. no offense but we just dont see eye to eye on this tech issue. continue on with the thread.

OH AND BTW Favorite Super Hero... i never said mine. Nightcrawler.



_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:
Sin-magir wrote:


Batman wouldn't fight him head on... Batman is smart and he knows how to strategize.

The Hulk would chase after him destroying everything and everyone in his path. And Batman uses what on him? Gases? Doesnt matter to Hulk. He can breathe in space for crying out loud. Sharp things? Papercut. Explosives? Pisses him off. The Hulk can leap miles and throw tanks like they were pillows. Batmobile? Dinner. The Batcopter or Batplane is like a duck flying around in a lion's cage.


P.S. I found Hulk's weakness. From the Marvel Wiki:

Adamantium and vibranium has been shown capable of piercing the Hulk's skin; in World War Hulk, Wolverine, X-23, and Black Panther's claws could pierce it.

Aesthetics to calm Hulk down have also proven effective.

Scott wrote:
I'm sorry did you say Batman built a space station? lolno... he contracted people to build it.

So? Iron Man orders his robots to do most of the work. Both have been shown to work on their own gadgets as well. When Tony Stark gets a teleporter in his home or a space laser or a fleet of spaceships or for that matter any tech Batman doesn't at all you can name then we can talk.


Also, incest isn't the answer. Quicksilver isn't either, but he is very close to some of the Marvel characters that are stronger.

But Tony Stark built a suit of armor as he was being held captive in a cave with Terrorists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatlocker
Detective


Posts : 3622
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Hulk might be able to take on Batman.

Might??? Batman wouldn't have a chance! The Hulk would launch him to the sun in seconds!

And do you mean to say that incest is the answer?

Batman wouldn't fight him head on... Batman is smart and he knows how to strategize.

Batman couldn't beat Deathstroke.

Batman is only the second best non-superpowered fighter (third if you count the second Prometheus) in the DC universe. Though he is able to kill superman it appears only because Superman would not want to harm Batman. The hulk has no such reservations batman would be a bat pancake.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Tue May 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Branch wrote:
But Tony Stark built a suit of armor as he was being held captive in a cave with Terrorists.

So? What's the point here? They gave him the tech to do it. Batman has done much the same over and over. Hell, his capturers are usually supervillains.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 am

Deadpool... definitely Deadpool. I can't wait for that to come out...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 am

I think maybe I should clarify myself a little.

If Batman and Iron Man walked into a bar and slugged each other Iron Man would probably not loose that.

If it was the movie Batman VS. movie Iron Man he would be absolutely outmatched in tech and a fight.

However, Iron Man only has advanced degrees in physics and engineering whereas traditional Batman has degrees in
Spoiler:
 
He just doesn't mesh it all together and stick it on his body most of the time. Ruins the whole "stealth" thing which is his biggest advantage. Yes, on his person at a random time Batman doesn't have better tech. If that's what you meant, then ya I agree. To be honest, I think having a jet to put the guns on instead makes more sense and really that's half the problem. Iron Man is a full package when he walks into a room while Batman simply isn't.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 am


_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard


Posts : 4343
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 29
Location : Hampton, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 am

I herd Silver Surfer is OP.

Also, sounds to me like they made batman a longass time ago... then added more and more shit and now it's just a convoluted mess!

_________________
(´・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Today at 11:54 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Favorite superheroes/villians
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Favorite Annoying T.v. neighbor
» Favorite Anime Openings/Endings?
» Favorite SCANDAL Voice
» Favorite Warhammer Character
» who's your Top 10 favorite Super Sentai?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: