I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

Favorite superheroes/villians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 am

Scott wrote:
Deadpool... definitely Deadpool. I can't wait for that to come out...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38653

They're coming out with a Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe thing. Basically, in this alternate series, they're turning Deadpool into a bloodthirsty killer who goes around killing all the villains and heroes of the Marvel Universe. We know he killed anyways, but it was more of an unavoidable part of the job. In this series, well... just click the damn link.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 am

Sin-magir wrote:
Scott wrote:

They're coming out with a Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe thing. Basically, in this alternate series, they're turning Deadpool into a bloodthirsty killer who goes around killing all the villains and heroes of the Marvel Universe. We know he killed anyways, but it was more of an unavoidable part of the job. In this series, well... just click the damn link.

Excellent... Alucard Scott

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 am

What's funny is that I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a superhero batman COULD beat.

Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 am

Scott wrote:
What's funny is that I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a superhero batman COULD beat.

Squirrel girl?

I have a title

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 am

Scott wrote:

Batman can beat many of them. Given the Time to figure out their weaknesses and to strategize.

batman be not the chance encounter in a dark alley and win type of guy. he would be in the alley before hand and wait with his Kryptonite Batarang...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Callin wrote:
Scott wrote:

Batman can beat many of them. Given the Time to figure out their weaknesses and to strategize.

batman be not the chance encounter in a dark alley and win type of guy. he would be in the alley before hand and wait with his Kryptonite Batarang...

I'm sorry I just don't think so...

Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Scott wrote:
Callin wrote:
Scott wrote:

Batman always plans ahead. He doesn't willingly take on an enemy without knowing what they're capable of. You're just being dense. Batman kicked Jackie Estacado's ass in a Darkness vs Batman crossover comic. And he has supernatural powers! I would like to see Batman vs. The Punisher.

Just to be clear, The Darkness is published on Top Cow.

Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 pm

This is silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

CollaWars wrote:
This is silly.

Your mom is silly.

Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
This is silly.

Your mom is silly.
'

Your mom is Donna Troy.

I have a title

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 pm

CollaWars wrote:
This is silly.

your avatar does not "Intimidate" me.

All Hail Dale Earnhardt #3 Yall!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Auditions for the Asian section of the Its a Small World Disney Ride?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:

Squirrel girl?

I'm pretty sure Squirrel Girl is one of the ones he couldn't beat. Because she is Squirrel Girl.

He would also have trouble with Magneto (Master Strategist and manipulates metal) or Scarlet Witch, hence my earlier comment. Omega Mutants would also be a pain. Possibly Thor merely because Thor is literally Marvel's Superman but they didn't give him a weakness. Hulk is, well, Hulk, but Batman's savvy means that while he isn't more powerful as a character he might be able to Kryptonite his way through it.

Generally Marvel has a lot stronger characters than DC, but Batman has the benefit of the Superman effect of having stuff piled on over time and all those fights he has had have let him gain new toys as well.

"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:

Squirrel girl?

I'm pretty sure Squirrel Girl is one of the ones he couldn't beat. Because she is Squirrel Girl.

He would also have trouble with Magneto (Master Strategist and manipulates metal) or Scarlet Witch, hence my earlier comment. Omega Mutants would also be a pain. Possibly Thor merely because Thor is literally Marvel's Superman but they didn't give him a weakness. Hulk is, well, Hulk, but Batman's savvy means that while he isn't more powerful as a character he might be able to Kryptonite his way through it.

Generally Marvel has a lot stronger characters than DC, but Batman has the benefit of the Superman effect of having stuff piled on over time and all those fights he has had have let him gain new toys as well.

Bat could kick Deadpool's ass though.

Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Scott wrote:

I have to ask...

was this unavoidable?

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Scott wrote:
Callin wrote:
Scott wrote:

Batman always plans ahead. He doesn't willingly take on an enemy without knowing what they're capable of. You're just being dense. Batman kicked Jackie Estacado's ass in a Darkness vs Batman crossover comic. And he has supernatural powers! I would like to see Batman vs. The Punisher.

Just to be clear, The Darkness is published on Top Cow.

The pot calling the kettle black I see...

Back to top Go down
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree Batman could beat a lot of people in both universes, but some people are out of his league.

Getting off Batman... Thor vs. Superman. Go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:

Squirrel girl?

Totally. But he couldn't kill him... Reason being that Deadpool is nearly unkillable... Proof was in a certain issue I can't recall, but his head was taken clean off and he still came back after that. Even Death doesn't want him. He gets mutilated in so many ways, it's still funny.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Batman taking on Deadpool? Now I know you guys are just off yer rockers... I'm out.

Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:

Totally. But he couldn't kill him... Reason being that Deadpool is nearly unkillable... Proof was in a certain issue I can't recall, but his head was taken clean off and he still came back after that. Even Death doesn't want him. He gets mutilated in so many ways, it's still funny.

Yeah Deadpool can't be killed and Batman probably wouldn't kill him anyway so yeah we agree?

Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Sin-magir wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:

Yeah Deadpool can't be killed and Batman probably wouldn't kill him anyway so yeah we agree?

Yes.

Detective

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Sin-magir wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Sin-magir wrote:

Yes.

Okay.

Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Sin-magir wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Yes.

Okay.

The counsel of colored text is unanimous then.

Branch wrote:
I agree Batman could beat a lot of people in both universes, but some people are out of his league.

Getting off Batman... Thor vs. Superman. Go.

Thor. Zero question. It's an easy win. Thor is pretty much Marvel's attempt at making a Superman character so Thor shares most of his characteristics with Superman. Overall, Superman is probably slightly stronger than Thor, but there is one major problem. Superman's invincibility doesn't protect him completely from being shocked (but not burned or hurt from the impact) if you have enough voltage, and it doesn't even matter because Thor's lightning and hammer are magic. Superman has no defense against magic. One bout of the two swinging at each other and Superman would be dead.

"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!

Last edited by The Mortonator on Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needs more hammer.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Should I wait and play Arkham Asylum first or just buy Arkham City GOTY edition instead?

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Today at 10:10 am

Back to top Go down

Favorite superheroes/villians
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next