I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 American Accent Quiz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard


Posts : 4346
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 29
Location : Hampton, Virginia

PostSubject: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?obj_id=9827

Apparently, I'm neutral...

Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

_________________
(´・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2797
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Which American accent do you have?
Western

Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.



odd


_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Which American accent do you have?

North Central

What people call the "Minnesota accent." Sounds almost Canadian. You may have even been asked if you were from Canada before.

Weird.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
Which American accent do you have?

North Central

What people call the "Minnesota accent." Sounds almost Canadian. You may have even been asked if you were from Canada before.

Weird.

I know this test is completely flawed... I got neutral... and everyone in Minnesota sounds the same as me... or rather pronounces everything relatively the same. Minnesota accents don't sound anything like Canadian... not even North Dakota has that accent from Fargo (the movie). These people have obviously never been to the Midwest.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 73
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:10 pm

This quiz can kiss my ass. I got Western, but I DO say "stalk" and "stock" differently, fucking dumbasses.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3069
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 20
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Which American accent do you have?

My Results:


Canadian People from outside North America probably think you`re from the States, but over here we wouldn't make such a mistake.

Quiz is dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7907
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Western

Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.


No. Dexter

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 pm

I got neutral.

Quiz is gheeyyyy.

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2563
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I got western. yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatlocker
Detective


Posts : 3622
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:37 am

Neurtral.

Which American accent do you have? My Results: Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7907
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:51 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Neurtral.

Which American accent do you have? My Results: Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Those states do not have an "American" accent.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 am

Branch wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Neurtral.

Which American accent do you have? My Results: Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Those states do not have an "American" accent.

Those states have the same accent as the ones above it... and allll the way to Cali and Nevada.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:37 am

Pittsburgh has it's own accent.

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Gannicus wrote:
Pittsburgh has it's own accent.

Wilbonia does too...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7907
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 pm

And Scootland

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatlocker
Detective


Posts : 3622
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm

And Texas.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title


Posts : 2797
Join date : 2011-12-02
Age : 35
Location : Over there Monkey Fisting

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
And Texas.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT TEXAS?!?!?!?!!?






couldnt help it. its all i could think of lol.

_________________
神聖的睾丸

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatlocker
Detective


Posts : 3622
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Callin wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
And Texas.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT TEXAS?!?!?!?!!?






couldnt help it. its all i could think of lol.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3069
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 20
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:01 pm

I went to Indiana, strange people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11280
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 pm

CollaWars wrote:
I went to Indiana, strange people.

Did you see Indiana Jones?

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Neutral.

Yay?

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland


Posts : 2729
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Seeing as I am British I have no idea how it came to this conclusion:

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Vaseline wrote:
Seeing as I am British I have no idea how it came to this conclusion:

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)
Jersey isn't north eastern. They're lumping you with Massachusetts probably.

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker


Posts : 4513
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Neutral. Actually sounds about right. Everybody says I have no accent.

_________________
gottagofastDOODOODOO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: American Accent Quiz   Today at 3:52 am

Back to top Go down
 
American Accent Quiz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Matt Smith (The 11th Doctor) American Accent:
» Young American Royalty http://youngamericanroyalty.com
» CAG Trivia Chain Quiz
» Now here's a typical American car.. lol
» Scavenger Hunt at American Museum of Natural History

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: