OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Zombie Apocolypse

Go down 
+8
Ulyaoth
PJsnaks
Boba
Yeet
Scott
CollaWars
Branch
Astraeos
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:

i believe he refers to CEOs of those companies.

You would think laborers too... as the jobs kinda ride on environmental affairs... which was what I was getting at. And Democrats are classically harder on permitting and environmental policies than Republicans.

Many of the laborers I know are more conservative due to a strange hate for unions (seeing as Texas is a right to work state we actually have no unions).

There is nothing strange about their hate for unions.

This... union workers have a tendency to get little done and waste time (and workers tend to be lazier and overpaid to do what they do). If you're in the drilling industry then you would understand WHY that's a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Many of the laborers I know are more conservative due to a strange hate for unions (seeing as Texas is a right to work state we actually have no unions).

This... union workers have a tendency to get little done and waste time (and workers tend to be lazier and overpaid to do what they do). If you're in the drilling industry then you would understand WHY that's a bad thing.
My dad works for a union...if he was lazy and overpaid he'd be rested and make enough money to take us on a nice vacation this year instead of the reality he lives with.

If you think unions are bad then go ahead and try to get rid of them. Let's see how teachers, cops and firemen like that. Oh but maybe we should exempt the cops and firemen because THOSE are GOOD unions right?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

My dad works for a union...if he was lazy and overpaid he'd be rested and make enough money to take us on a nice vacation this year instead of the reality he lives with.

If you think unions are bad then go ahead and try to get rid of them. Let's see how teachers, cops and firemen like that. Oh but maybe we should exempt the cops and firemen because THOSE are GOOD unions right?

I've been in a union... I've seen first hand what they do. And not just the ones I worked for. Maybe I should amend my statement to labor intensive fields tho (IE Construction). And I said HAVE A TENDENCY TO...
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:

I've been in a union... I've seen first hand what they do. And not just the ones I worked for. Maybe I should amend my statement to labor intensive fields tho (IE Construction). And I said HAVE A TENDENCY TO...
And I've seen unions first hand as well. And "HAVE A TENDENCY TOO" means that most do, in your opinion. If you want to amend that to labor intensive fields I can't throw my $.02 in since I don't know anything about that. But from my experience, most unions (teachers, teamsters [which my dad is apart of], policemen, firemen) have some use. Laziness is not union dependent. Laziness is person dependent. Yes unions give people the sense that they can slack off because they're protected but without unions we wouldn't have the 8 hour work day or minimum wage. Unions have a purpose, some are corrupt, some aren't. Just like some fields without unions treat their workers abhorrently and some treat them fantastically. Blanket terms are for the ignorant. Unions serve a purpose, sometimes their power gets abused. You just have to keep that power in check just like you should keep employer's power in check.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:18 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:

And I've seen unions first hand as well. And "HAVE A TENDENCY TOO" means that most do, in your opinion. If you want to amend that to labor intensive fields I can't throw my $.02 in since I don't know anything about that. But from my experience, most unions (teachers, teamsters [which my dad is apart of], policemen, firemen) have some use. Laziness is not union dependent. Laziness is person dependent. Yes unions give people the sense that they can slack off because they're protected but without unions we wouldn't have the 8 hour work day or minimum wage. Unions have a purpose, some are corrupt, some aren't. Just like some fields without unions treat their workers abhorrently and some treat them fantastically. Blanket terms are for the ignorant. Unions serve a purpose, sometimes their power gets abused. You just have to keep that power in check just like you should keep employer's power in check.

Well my mother is a teacher what you say has some truth. I always get into labor unions tho so that's the first thing my mind goes to. And people aren't just lazy in unions (remember I'm talking about the one that I'm familiar with). If you are given a task... you don't go and deviate to help anyone. If your job is to sweep... you sweep... don't hand that guy a tool. If your job is running the skid loader... you don't get out to help pry the load off. Seriously... there are repercussions for doing these things. In these cases it's not about laziness... it's about ineffectiveness. People take breaks every 2 hours (every half hour for a smoke break)... people wonder why road construction takes so long. Or why that building in DT takes forever to go up. When 3 oclock hits you had better have your shit wrapped up because there is no overtime. I had a couple buddies do sign holding for $30/hr full time... nice... for them... but really? To hold a sign? I had another buddy get paid around $40/hr to fucking paint!
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:

Well my mother is a teacher what you say has some truth. I always get into labor unions tho so that's the first thing my mind goes to. And people aren't just lazy in unions (remember I'm talking about the one that I'm familiar with). If you are given a task... you don't go and deviate to help anyone. If your job is to sweep... you sweep... don't hand that guy a tool. If your job is running the skid loader... you don't get out to help pry the load off. Seriously... there are repercussions for doing these things. In these cases it's not about laziness... it's about ineffectiveness. People take breaks every 2 hours (every half hour for a smoke break)... people wonder why road construction takes so long. Or why that building in DT takes forever to go up. When 3 oclock hits you had better have your shit wrapped up because there is no overtime. I had a couple buddies do sign holding for $30/hr full time... nice... for them... but really? To hold a sign? I had another buddy get paid around $40/hr to fucking paint!
Yeah I think we both have different experiences and interactions with different unions. I think teachers and whatnot, not construction. I agree with everything you said, I think we're just talking about different unions lol

And $40 to paint? did he get dental with that? :P
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:

Yeah I think we both have different experiences and interactions with different unions. I think teachers and whatnot, not construction. I agree with everything you said, I think we're just talking about different unions lol

And $40 to paint? did he get dental with that? :P

I have no clue tbh... he's with a union... or was... so probable. Maybe we should limit to WHAT fields unions may be applied to. Unfortunately that would never work in this country. D:
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:

You would think laborers too... as the jobs kinda ride on environmental affairs... which was what I was getting at. And Democrats are classically harder on permitting and environmental policies than Republicans.

How can you hate something when it doesn't exist? (within the boundaries of affecting you).
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am

OKAY, time to be the bad guy here.

TECHNICAL FOULS!

Scott
PJ

THAT'S A YELLOW, DON'T MAKE IT A RED!

getting angry
Back to top Go down
Astraeos
Needs To Go Outside
Astraeos

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

The reason that the middle class is vanishing: Lack of unions.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Astraeos wrote:

lolno
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:
OKAY, time to be the bad guy here.

TECHNICAL FOULS!

Scott
PJ

THAT'S A YELLOW, DON'T MAKE IT A RED!

getting angry

WHAT!? *kicks dirt on the umpire*

Yes that's two different sports. Sue me. Dexter
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Scott wrote:
Astraeos wrote:

lolno
Well, yes and no. It's grossly incorrect to say lack of unions is the reason for a shrinking middle class. With my (limited) understanding it's still highly incorrect to say it's a big reason even. But I think you can make the argument that it is adding to the shrinking middle class in a very small way. Not saying I'd make that argument though.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Scott's the kind of person who makes sure nothing that benefits anyone be allowed because of the minority who would abuse it. Free healthcare? Jesus no. Even if we had all the money in the world and could implement it, he'd allow it but VERY begrudgingly so. In secret, he'd rather people still had to pay for it. He sees most of the world as leeches and wants them to suffer, hopefully all die. It drives his political views.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Scott's the kind of person who makes sure nothing that benefits anyone be allowed because of the minority who would abuse it. Free healthcare? Jesus no. Even if we had all the money in the world and could implement it, he'd allow it but VERY begrudgingly so. In secret, he'd rather people still had to pay for it. He sees most of the world as leeches and wants them to suffer, hopefully all die. It drives his political views.

I can't tell if you're just an idiot or trying to get a response out of me... but as you've failed to show signs of intelligence I'll go with the earlier. Wilbz
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:09 pm

It's all true.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
It's all true.

Did someone's mom forget to tuck him in last night... OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:33 pm

You won't even deny it. Your subconscious won't let you.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Ok... here's the truth... Auh

*deep inhale*

You are incapable of handling the truth... so you make up lies... surrounding yourself with false assumptions.

*gasp*

I know it hurts Uly... but you'll overcome it someday... someday... and we're always here for you. Dude...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. Scott thinks 99 in 100 people in a union are wicked people who abuse every privilege they possibly can for the sake of doing it. (He actually thinks it's 100 in 100)
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. Scott thinks 99 in 100 people in a union are wicked people who abuse every privilege they possibly can for the sake of doing it. (He actually thinks it's 100 in 100)

He's married... you
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Branch wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

He's married... you

facepalm

Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Branch wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

He's married... you

facepalm

Somehow I feel I deserve that..
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Scott is secretly governor Scott Walker.
Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies
Daroska

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Scott is secretly governor Scott Walker.

Scott is really Mrs. Scott.

/inception
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Apocolypse   Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocolypse
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next