I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

The Walking Dead Franchise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 am

I'm making a thread for the entire TWD franchise.
Included are the graphic novels, the books (there's a couple of novels or something, as far as I've heard) and reluctantly the TV series that mucks up the whole thing...
Oh, and 'The Walking Dead: The Game'. That too as it is more of an interactive comic book.

Sooo... Go!

Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 am

I really don't give a shit about people who say the show sucks and doesn't do anything for the graphic novels. If I like what I watch, then I'll watch it. I'm not letting those assholes get in my way and change my thoughts of what I think of a show.

BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 am

Burkman wrote:
I really don't give a shit about people who say the show sucks and doesn't do anything for the graphic novels. If I like what I watch, then I'll watch it. I'm not letting those assholes get in my way and change my thoughts of what I think of a show.

It's an OK show, but it should be better (if only HBO was making it)... My biggest grudge is with Lori... She's much less of a bitch in the comic... And the kid... The kid's just weird in the TV show... He's bad-ass in the comic though... The main reason why I'll continue to watch the show is Daryl... I hear he's gonna make an appearance in the graphic novels soon...

The only other thing I really don't like in the TV show is that any dialogue that comes out of the characters seems like it's being forced out their mouths with pliers... Rick is always 'Grrrr... This is the right choice for my family! Garrr' *Nasty face* and then someone else is 'No it's not!' but they let him do his shit anyways and Lori's all like 'Barh! Don't you dare leave again, Rick! Rawr!'
Seriously, you can get more content from two chimps throwing their feces at each other...

Oh yeah... And... The fuck did you have to kill Dale? He stays in the comic until waaay after the end of the prison part (avoiding spoilers)... Not to mention Sophia... The. Fuck. Was. That?!

Detective

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

It's an OK show, but it should be better (if only HBO was making it)... My biggest grudge is with Lori... She's much less of a bitch in the comic... And the kid... The kid's just weird in the TV show... He's bad-ass in the comic though... The main reason why I'll continue to watch the show is Daryl... I hear he's gonna make an appearance in the graphic novels soon...

The only other thing I really don't like in the TV show is that any dialogue that comes out of the characters seems like it's being forced out their mouths with pliers... Rick is always 'Grrrr... This is the right choice for my family! Garrr' *Nasty face* and then someone else is 'No it's not!' but they let him do his shit anyways and Lori's all like 'Barh! Don't you dare leave again, Rick! Rawr!'
Seriously, you can get more content from two chimps throwing their feces at each other...

Oh yeah... And... The fuck did you have to kill Dale? He stays in the comic until waaay after the end of the prison part (avoiding spoilers)... Not to mention Sophia... The. Fuck. Was. That?!

First, having HBO make a show doesn't mean it will be good, (big love, true blood, etc.) I think AMC is doing a great job with the show especially since they fired Darabont. The cinematography is beautiful, Bear McCreary is an amazing musician and they chose a really strong cast.

Also Lori is actually more of a character than she is in the comic. The tv series interpretation is amazing and very McBethian which gives her more "flesh" and actually some plot points. Carl is annoying but in the comic he really only existed. At least in the tv series you actually have a feeling towards the character.

I'm really not sure why you feel that way about the dialogue. The main thing about the show is how real the characters feel. And Rick's constant leaving in the comic is really what I hated it made absolutely no sense! Why would the leader risk his life for some really stupid things!

The only reason Dale died is because the actor wanted to go back to Broadway. I admit I am kind of mad at his death but his whole character arc was really thought out well. And Sophia wasn't really a character. It's like saying why aren't the twins in The Walking Dead? Because nobody cares about them!

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 am

I don't really care... I stopped watching the show after the barn incident.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 am

Scott wrote:

Why? That was so awesome!

Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 am

Scott wrote:

I thought we agreed that it's pointless to post in a thread if you don't truly care!

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:06 am

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:

I thought we agreed that it's pointless to post in a thread if you don't truly care!

I don't care about the show... not the thread. OMG!

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am

Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:

I don't care about the show... not the thread. OMG!

Rage

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:43 am

Love the show. I'm a huge fan of zombie shitZ.

Haven't seen a good amount of episodes though. I'm gonna pirate the first season today. OMG!

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Gannicus wrote:

Haven't seen a good amount of episodes though. I'm gonna pirate the first season today. OMG!

Graphic novels. They be better.

Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Gannicus wrote:

First season is on Netflix, bro.

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Burkman wrote:
Gannicus wrote:

Wilbz ain't got no Netflix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Gannicus wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Gannicus wrote:

Wilbz ain't got no Netflix.

It's like $7 a month. Cheap as balls. You could also sign up for a free trial.

BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:07 pm

@ Meat:

I'm sure AMC's doing their best, but I'm just saying- HBO has a better rep making movie-length TV series (The Pacific, Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones etc)...
The cast is OK (most of it). My only point against it is that the dialogue, at some points at least, comes across as forced. I know they are trying to make it as real as possible, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. The characters don't feel real to me, not at all times at least. There are times when their reactions are just too... for a lack of better word- artificial. Especially Rick's. OK, I get it- he needs to protect his family. That's there in the comic as well, but it's not as nearly as forced down the viewers' throat as in the series. In the comic, he doesn't only look out for his family, he keeps the whole group going. I don't know, maybe it will all change once the prison part kicks in
Spoiler:

But right now, he's just a big jerk that jumps at everybody for no particular reason... I wouldn't mind it if they had kept it in the background, you know- as his motivation to do the shit he does and disappear every now and again. But don't fucking make it his every other fucking line...

And Carl is a really substantial character in the comic, he doesn't 'only exist'- that's him in the TV show. In the TV show he's a bit bratty and makes me just wish they fucking kill him already. He has no role besides getting shot and whining about his dad leaving.
Spoiler:

Ricks' constant adventures in the comic (and for once- the show, albeit there it's a bit more weird) is not something stupid. In the comic, he doesn't consider himself the leader. Plus all the things he leaves for are intended to help the group. Like in the latest edition.
Spoiler:

Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Meh, shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad are better...

I like they show, I don't really care about the characters though..

Can anyone really remeber the name of that one black woman who exploded?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Jackie

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Has anyone played the game? I absolutely love it and I'm shitting myself for the 3rd episode...

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Gannicus wrote:
Has anyone played the game? I absolutely love it and I'm shitting myself for the 3rd episode...

Yes. Yes. And fuck yes.
On the topic of the game, am I the only one that thinks that Lee has the face of a docile lamb? Especially when he's all surprised and shit.
Oh and... Episode 2... What. The. Fuck...

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Gannicus wrote:

Yes. Yes. And fuck yes.
On the topic of the game, am I the only one that thinks that Lee has the face of a docile lamb? Especially when he's all surprised and shit.

I always knew something was up with those fuckers. They were way too good to be true.

Spoiler:

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Gannicus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Gannicus wrote:

Yes. Yes. And fuck yes.

I always knew something was up with those fuckers. They were way too good to be true.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I am downloading the game right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm

So colla tells me this game is just... cutscenes and picking choices. IT'S PRACTICALLY A VISUAL NOVEL, HOW CAN YOU LIKE THIS SHIT?!

If there isn't "get girl pregnant" and "attempt to rape chick" options in the game, then it's not true to the series, just saying.

Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
So colla tells me this game is just... cutscenes and picking choices. IT'S PRACTICALLY A VISUAL NOVEL, HOW CAN YOU LIKE THIS SHIT?!

If there isn't "get girl pregnant" and "attempt to rape chick" options in the game, then it's not true to the series, just saying.

It's more an interactive comic... But the story is just epic...

And Uly... Fuck off...

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Gannicus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

Yes. Yes. And fuck yes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ulyaoth wrote:

That's what makes it fantastic.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Franchise   Today at 12:15 am

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Franchise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next