I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

Curiosity!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

lol

Well before NASA started selling out to private investors (well... majorly that is)... the Orion/Ares mission for 2020 was planned. I do not know what has happened to it as of now tho. Rest assured tho... it will be a private industry that stakes its flag in Mars... not a nation.

I dunno... Think it's still running... Isn't that why they keep the ISS going? Like, besides all the general research...
But naw, yeah... I really hope a private industry gets to Mars before any one nation can... Cause then it's gonna be hell... That one nation proudly declaring ownership of Mars and starting to act all 'fuck you guys, I got Mars'... If not the private sector, at least let it be something of a united attempt...

Nope... Obama cancelled it... like the ass wipe he is... -__-

It's all in the hands of the private sector now...

Oh... Well... The economy being as it is, I guess we need to focus on our planet before we try and get another one to ruin and exploit...

Detective

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

lol

Well before NASA started selling out to private investors (well... majorly that is)... the Orion/Ares mission for 2020 was planned. I do not know what has happened to it as of now tho. Rest assured tho... it will be a private industry that stakes its flag in Mars... not a nation.

I dunno... Think it's still running... Isn't that why they keep the ISS going? Like, besides all the general research...
But naw, yeah... I really hope a private industry gets to Mars before any one nation can... Cause then it's gonna be hell... That one nation proudly declaring ownership of Mars and starting to act all 'fuck you guys, I got Mars'... If not the private sector, at least let it be something of a united attempt...

Yeah because spending billions of dollars that will only increase the deficit is really a good idea.

And besides the shuttle program was scrapped because after Columbia and Challenger we realized that shuttles were not as safe as we once believed and too expensive too really be as safe and as effective as unmanned exploration.

The shuttle program and other NASA programs will return as long as Romney is not elected.

(Not I am not saying reelect Obama just don't elect Romney.)

BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

Yeah because spending billions of dollars that will only increase the deficit is really a good idea.

And besides the shuttle program was scrapped because after Columbia and Challenger we realized that shuttles were not as safe as we once believed and too expensive too really be as safe and as effective as unmanned exploration.

The shuttle program and other NASA programs will return as long as Romney is not elected.

The Ares wasn't part of the shuttle program... But yeah... You guys really pussied out after Columbia and Challenger...

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

lol

NASA hardly got money to begin with! On top of which manned missions to space are needed for several studies on cancer and other ailments. No it was always about money and politics... not safety... it's never been about safety. The shuttle program is done regardless of who becomes president. NASA already works with a bunch of private companies who will see any further progress done. I suppose it's not all bad that Obama closed the program tho. The economy... and it moves space exploration to the private sector... where it will gain competition once again... and thus a real effort.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

NASA hardly got money to begin with! On top of which manned missions to space are needed for several studies on cancer and other ailments. No it was always about money and politics... not safety... it's never been about safety. The shuttle program is done regardless of who becomes president. NASA already works with a bunch of private companies who will see any further progress done. I suppose it's not all bad that Obama closed the program tho. The economy... and it moves space exploration to the private sector... where it will gain competition once again... and thus a real effort.

There's no profit to be made in space exploration.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

And that is where you're wrong...

Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Boba wrote:
All we're going to find on Mars is a wasteland. If we were doing something of worth like building a base there, then yeah I'd support it. All we're doing is wasting taxpayer money.

Sooner or later, Earth isn't going to be able to support our rapidly growing population. I think all this space exploration is a good idea. We'll need to branch out to other planets eventually, and the sooner the better.

Actually our population isn't exploding as much as people think... fertility rates in Europe are going down drastically, Russia is experiencing low fertility rates, and America is experiencing a decline in births.

Meatlocker
Detective

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

Where is the profit?

BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Riiight... Cause setting up an outpost on Titan, a moon that has pretty much every kind of mineral and ore on the periodic table, cannot possibly lead to any good...

And yes... The privatization of the space race is what's gonna make a difference...

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Boba wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:
Boba wrote:
All we're going to find on Mars is a wasteland. If we were doing something of worth like building a base there, then yeah I'd support it. All we're doing is wasting taxpayer money.

Sooner or later, Earth isn't going to be able to support our rapidly growing population. I think all this space exploration is a good idea. We'll need to branch out to other planets eventually, and the sooner the better.

Actually our population isn't exploding as much as people think... fertility rates in Europe are going down drastically, Russia is experiencing low fertility rates, and America is experiencing a decline in births.

Notice how he didn't say anything about Asia...

China and India, specifically.

Say whaaa?

Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Boba wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

Notice how he didn't say anything about Asia...

China and India, specifically.

Say whaaa?

That's different...

Detective

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

Riiight... Cause setting up an outpost on Titan, a moon that has pretty much every kind of mineral and ore on the periodic table, cannot possibly lead to any good...

And yes... The privatization of the space race is what's gonna make a difference...

How are you going to mine it or bring it back to earth? How would the profit of mining the minerals even begin to offset the cost?

Also the life on titan might disagree with your business venture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Titan

Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

How are you going to mine it or bring it back to earth? How would the profit of mining the minerals even begin to offset the cost?

That's easy. We use a Transporter. Beam us up, Scotty.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

Where is the profit?

Economics 101 supply and demand... there will always be a demand for research and development... there will always be a demand for expansion... there will always be a demand for more materials and resources... etc. etc. etc. Space exploration offers all of this... and more...

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Meat, you obviously lack the knowledge of how market economics work...

How would we mine the ore? Well, if not manned outposts, then robots... There's already several possible designs for one... How do we bring it back to Earth? Same way we got the mining equipment (and people) there... Get an orbiting base going round the planet, the mining robot would then send what it gets to there and it then gets shuttled (not necessarily by a shuttle) back Earth-way...

And how would the profit offset the cost? Oh OK... So I guess large-scale mining of a place where we do not need to worry about keeping the environment clean or the consequences to the population is pointless to you...
There's lots of minerals and ore there that's not commonly found on Earth, that alone is worth the effort...
Plus, who said anything about prolonged mining? We could just send a robot there to mine minerals we need for other projects...

Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:26 pm

The simple answer is to vote Newt and get a moon base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 pm

CollaWars wrote:

^ Does it make me a bad person if that's really the only basis I would vote for him?

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

^ Does it make me a bad person if that's really the only basis I would vote for him?

I wouldn't know... What's his other views?

WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

No. Galactic expansion is long overdue.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

He is a lady's man too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 pm

We need to find the Mass Relays! That should be priority number one.

Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:

But the Reapers built them. Do you really want to live in a galaxy with Reapers?

I have a title

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Burkman wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

But the Reapers built them. Do you really want to live in a galaxy with Reapers?

Do you really want to live in a galaxy with Asari?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Callin wrote:
Burkman wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

I want to live in a galaxy where you shut up.

I have a title

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Burkman wrote:
Callin wrote:
Burkman wrote:

I want to live in a galaxy where you shut up.

Need a donation to rent a rocket? OMG!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Today at 12:42 am

Back to top Go down

Curiosity!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next