OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

I just lived my first Earth Quake

Go down 
+5
Ban-Anad
Callin
Ulyaoth
Scott
DarthShadie
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

I just lived my first Earth Quake Empty
PostSubject: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 am

Just after midnight an earth quake hit the Montreal area. I've never lived through an earth quake before that I can remember. They don't tend to hit here very often. I don'T know what a 4.5 means, but that's waht it was in Longueuil, where my mom lives, on teh south shore. I'm in Laval, North of Montreal.

I was watching Fringe, of all shows to watch during an earth quake, I thought the noise was in the show until I realised I was shaking. Frank was downstairs, kids were sleeping. I got freaked out, it kept rising in intensity. And then it passed, like a strange underground creature slithering away. you

Daww.. I'm spooked
Back to top Go down
http://www.binkyproductions.com
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 am

Wha... what? 4.5 in Canada? WTF huh?
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 am

One time I was sitting on my bed and realized it was shaking. First thing I thought of was the exorcist. It only happened for like 2 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:55 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
One time I was sitting on my bed and realized it was shaking. First thing I thought of was the exorcist. It only happened for like 2 seconds.

You're suppose to get earthquakes there... up on the North American craton (Canadian Shield)... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 am

This feels like as good a place to say it...

I find young characters with white hair ridiculous. Green, blue, purple, pink, I won't question it. White hair? I get upset.

In the witcher, the main character has white hair but they say the mutations a person goes through to become a witcher results in them losing all the pigmentation in their hair. I can accept that... but if they gonna just have a character with white hair and not say anything about it, I GET MAD!!
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 am

next time try to have sex during it.

on a related note Darka had one just last month. Seems things are a shifting.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 am

Neither are there supposed to be earthquakes on the Balkans, but there was this epic 5.-something, maybe even 6 (can't really remember, but it was massive), quake down in the Sofia valley...
The epicenter was in Pernik though, so there's a chance it wasn't a natural occurrence...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm

I think I heard there was one in Houston.... it may have been a dream because its very vague.... I just lived my first Earth Quake 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 am

Branch wrote:
I think I heard there was one in Houston.... it may have been a dream because its very vague.... I just lived my first Earth Quake 2238782717

If vagueness is a sign something was a dream... My whole life qualifies...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 am

Banana likes to drink, you see...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Banana likes to drink, you see...

No... I mean... Drinking aside, I just have the memory capacity of a goldfish...
OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 am

Back to top Go down
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:27 am

Scott wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

You're suppose to get earthquakes there... up on the North American craton (Canadian Shield)... not so much.

Well now there are people saying that it wounded like there was an underground explosion, those living close to the center of it. SO now theorists are saying there exists an underground city in that area. I dunno, I still think it was a slithering prehistoric creature lol

@ Everyone else: I'm glad talking about an earth quake has aroused some other topics of conversation for you. Hello Clarice

Who wants a SPANK from step-momma Shadie!
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am

DarthShadie wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Well now there are people saying that it wounded like there was an underground explosion, those living close to the center of it. SO now theorists are saying there exists an underground city in that area. I dunno, I still think it was a slithering prehistoric creature lol

@ Everyone else: I'm glad talking about an earth quake has aroused some other topics of conversation for you. Hello Clarice

Who wants a SPANK from step-momma Shadie!

i bet it would of done things that only the spin cycle on super speed with a dozen shoes could perform.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Considering there are no fault lines at the Canadian shield, their guess is as good as ours.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm

it was the Mole Mens first successful Nuclear test.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Callin wrote:
it was the Mole Mens first successful Nuclear test.

The Crab People live in Canadia...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Rap music.
Back to top Go down
NotGiantSpiderGoat
GD Member
NotGiantSpiderGoat

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:55 am

apparently it was 5.5 earlier this year when an earthquake hit and I was yelling at my cat to stop hitting the window.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:32 am

NotGiantSpiderGoat wrote:
apparently it was 5.5 earlier this year when an earthquake hit and I was yelling at my cat to stop hitting the window.

you keep your cat in a blender on the windowsill?
Back to top Go down
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Canadian Shield just means that the quakes won't be that bad.

My mom told me that when I was 6 we had a bigger one. She says there every 20 or so years there's an earth quake in the Montreal area. Usually it means that the Canadian Shield is shifting somewhat. So if it moves just a bit it may cause a quake.

Frank still thinks it's an underground city.

I still think it's an underground prehistoric creature roaming around.
Back to top Go down
NotGiantSpiderGoat
GD Member
NotGiantSpiderGoat

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Callin wrote:

you keep your cat in a blender on the windowsill?

She hops in it by choice!
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Herding him into it with a whip isn't choice I just lived my first Earth Quake 2238782717
Back to top Go down
NotGiantSpiderGoat
GD Member
NotGiantSpiderGoat

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Branch wrote:
Herding him into it with a whip isn't choice I just lived my first Earth Quake 2238782717

I use a cattle dog actually. They are bred to her small things into other things.
Back to top Go down
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 am

Branch wrote:

I use a cattle dog actually. They are bred to her small things into other things.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense to me I just lived my first Earth Quake 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just lived my first Earth Quake   I just lived my first Earth Quake Empty

Back to top Go down

I just lived my first Earth Quake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next