OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Disney and Star Wars

Go down 
+10
Yeet
Callin
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Scott
CollaWars
Branch
Ban-Anad
Meatlocker
Boba
The Mortonator
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 am

Aaaah... Let the Nerd Rage... rage...
Oh man
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

The Mortonator wrote:
Scott wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Honestly Scott, if you didn't find Luke out of character in Legacy I don't think I could possibly explain how something as minor in comparison as Tenel Ka's lack of awkward vocabulary was out of character. Sure character evolve, but they don't do so overnight. I'm saying the STARTING point of characters like Jacen in NJO was inconstant, not the end point.

Are you shitting me? You go from the Hand of Thrawn... to NJO... which is what... 5... 6 years... more? So he went from being what... 10 to 16? Do you see the problem with calling it an inconsistency yet?

And no I didn't find Luke out of consistency... it's how I imagine him getting older. I'm sorry you can't see that.

I can't see it because his reaction to Ben, his uncertainty about the Force, his lack of emotions over Mara, and pretty much everything has been blasted by many, many critics and readers. -_-

<------------- Gives two shits about critics... because everyone knows that critics and personal opinion have always been one in the same. /sarcasm

What lack of emotions? From there to FotJ the loss of Mara is a recurring theme. Uncertainty about the force? There's nothing... I don't even get why that's an inconsistency... Luke knows there's always more to the force out there. Which reaction to Ben are we referring to... when Jason has Ben tortured... before that... what?
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 pm

If they do the Remnant era... I think they should do something with Kyle Katarn... I loved the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Scott wrote:
<------------- Gives two shits about critics... because everyone knows that critics and personal opinion have always been one in the same. /sarcasm

What lack of emotions? From there to FotJ the loss of Mara is a recurring theme. Uncertainty about the force? There's nothing... I don't even get why that's an inconsistency... Luke knows there's always more to the force out there. Which reaction to Ben are we referring to... when Jason has Ben tortured... before that... what?

I mean like how Luke is asked point blank what's the difference between Sith and Jedi? And he's like "I dunno lawl." Despite him being the biggest champion of those differences. And he suddenly forgets about Mara at certain points only to angst at least appropriate times. And pretty much EVERYTHING with Ben should be triggering alarms. I mean, hell, his family is the textbook for why everything happening there was bad, but he never sees it.

Scott wrote:
If they do the Remnant era... I think they should do something with Kyle Katarn... I loved the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

I think we can all agree on this.

I hear there is this actor named Norris that's almost as cool.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Corran Horn.
An I, Jedi movie would be awesome.

Or a X Wing TV series lol.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Callin wrote:
Corran Horn.
An I, Jedi movie would be awesome.

Or a X Wing TV series lol.

I wonder how they would film the part where Corran Horn has his "lightsaber" out. Either way, good books.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Scott wrote:

I mean like how Luke is asked point blank what's the difference between Sith and Jedi? And he's like "I dunno lawl." Despite him being the biggest champion of those differences. And he suddenly forgets about Mara at certain points only to angst at least appropriate times. And pretty much EVERYTHING with Ben should be triggering alarms. I mean, hell, his family is the textbook for why everything happening there was bad, but he never sees it.

I'm not remembering the part you're describing... either that or I remember it differently. Suddenly forgets Mara? What's the author suppose to do... throw a "oh how I miss her red hair" every 5 pages? That's counterproductive to a story. We don't know what the characters are thinking throughout the entire book... otherwise each book would be a series in itself. The part about Ben... his parents want Ben to make his own choices... Luke's been big on that since the OT... people making their own choices... the Jedi making their own choices... etc. That's not new. I understand the red flags but he's struggling internally as a parent here. The whole point was for Ben to figure things out on his own... and oh yeah... he did.

Scott wrote:

I think we can all agree on this.

I hear there is this actor named Norris that's almost as cool.

I can't tell if you're suggesting Norris should play Katarn? I can't think of an actor off the top of my head... it's more about how he sounds and acts to me. That IS one character I feel the LotF and FotJ seem to have dun goofed on. On top of drawn the story away from C-3PO and R2-D2... who imo the stories should follow closer to.
Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Branch wrote:
Well.... has anyone seen "The Superhero Squad"? Marvel show (made for kids mind you) but still. It sends ripples through my heart to think they would do that to Star Wars.

Actually, it was Lionsgate that made Superhero Squad.

But On Topic, I just hope they get someone as talented as George that isn't sucking nowadays like Spielberg.

Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 220px-Kingdomofthecrystalskull

Ok, this was a mixed bag, but not was bad as Temple of Doom
Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Am I the only one here who thinks they should hire Mark Hammil to do an Old Luke and have him go nuts like Yoda so he can use the Joker voice?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Mine Turtle wrote:
Branch wrote:
Well.... has anyone seen "The Superhero Squad"? Marvel show (made for kids mind you) but still. It sends ripples through my heart to think they would do that to Star Wars.

Actually, it was Lionsgate that made Superhero Squad.

But On Topic, I just hope they get someone as talented as George that isn't sucking nowadays like Spielberg.

Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 220px-Kingdomofthecrystalskull

Ok, this was a mixed bag, but not was bad as Temple of Doom

I liked the new Indiana Jones movie... but... it didn't feel very Indiana Jones-y to me. Not like the first 3...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Mine Turtle wrote:
Am I the only one here who thinks they should hire Mark Hammil to do an Old Luke and have him go nuts like Yoda so he can use the Joker voice?

Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Star Wars is that nerdy beam me up Scotty show, right?
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

Meatlocker wrote:
It begins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xUbH1SEsqiE

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
hahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah
ahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

Oh man Oh man Oh man
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm

lolz
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Callin, how the fuck did you manage to stretch the fucking screen like that?
I've edited your post...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 pm

EDIT: I found out how :D
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Callin, how the fuck did you manage to stretch the fucking screen like that?
I've edited your post...

ty i posted from my tablet so i just kept typing hahahahah. i guess it stretched it out some...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 pm

It scares me deeply how much Disney owns these days.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Ryan wrote:

I really cant tell if you're just paranoid as hell or joking Dude...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

all Paranoia has a kernel of truth
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Did anyone see the South Park episode?
I agree with it, unfortunately... Somewhat at least...

Anyhur, just thought of throwing it there- there's an Angry Birds Star Wars spin-off...
No Disney logo however...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Branch wrote:
Ryan wrote:

I really cant tell if you're just paranoid as hell or joking Dude...

I'm serious, but it was meant to be humorous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney and Star Wars   Disney and Star Wars - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney and Star Wars
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3