I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 The PS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MT
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 918
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 21

PostSubject: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Explain to me what's gonna be so different about it besides it hoarding all the new games? Graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 are already amazing. I can't imagine gameplay to be much different.

Hurray pessimism!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 19
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Explain to me what's gonna be so different about it besides it hoarding all the new games? Graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 are already amazing. I can't imagine gameplay to be much different.

Hurray pessimism!

it makez toaster stroodlez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 pm

You lost me at P...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Explain to me what's gonna be so different about it besides it hoarding all the new games? Graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 are already amazing. I can't imagine gameplay to be much different.

Hurray pessimism!

For one, it uses a whole different architecture when it comes to code, same (or at least very, very similar) as PC - x86. Another thing, it's "more powerful", though comparison is sketchy as we don't really know how the new hardware would work for a console. In my case, that would be mainly how the system is supposed to use GDDR-based memory for it's RAM storage. GDDR is designed for use in graphics chips, and is not intended for use as system RAM...
Specs-wise, it's gonna be about as powerful as your average-mid range gaming rig...

And gameplay isn't something that comes from the platform, rather the actual games... Shooters have different gameplay elements than strategy games, for instance...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Bwanch wrote:
Explain to me what's gonna be so different about it besides it hoarding all the new games? Graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 are already amazing. I can't imagine gameplay to be much different.

Hurray pessimism!

it makez toaster stroodlez

that wouldnt be a bad addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Looks meh. Probably will buy when it's 2017 and it costs $250.

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm

To be honest, I am hitherto not really excited for the next generation of consoles arrive. My comfort rests in not needing to buy another system in order to continue playing newer titles. Hopefully it won't be for awhile.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Causa wrote:
To be honest, I am hitherto not really excited for the next generation of consoles arrive. My comfort rests in not needing to buy another system in order to continue playing newer titles. Hopefully it won't be for awhile.

Indeed, next-gen consoles using PC x64 architecture would mean easier crossovers and better ports...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 19
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't wanna to have to go to next gen. The games are going to cost more and shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 pm

CollaWars wrote:
I don't wanna to have to go to next gen. The games are going to cost more and shit.

Fairly certain the games will be at the same price they have always been at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 19
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
I don't wanna to have to go to next gen. The games are going to cost more and shit.

Fairly certain the games will be at the same price they have always been at.

I remember when a PS2 game was $40.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
I don't wanna to have to go to next gen. The games are going to cost more and shit.

Fairly certain the games will be at the same price they have always been at.

I remember when a PS2 game was $40.

That never happened. Unless it was out for a long while.

Games have been getting cheaper, not more expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
I don't wanna to have to go to next gen. The games are going to cost more and shit.

Fairly certain the games will be at the same price they have always been at.

I remember when a PS2 game was $40.

That never happened. Unless it was out for a long while.

Games have been getting cheaper, not more expensive.

Um... no? I remember buying most games for original xbox new at $40.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:


I remember when a PS2 game was $40.

That never happened. Unless it was out for a long while.

Games have been getting cheaper, not more expensive.

Um... no? I remember buying most games for original xbox new at $40.

Where'd you buy 'em?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Yup. ECONOMICS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior


Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 19
Location : Delocated

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm

No, Grimeth you are incorrect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:


I remember when a PS2 game was $40.

That never happened. Unless it was out for a long while.

Games have been getting cheaper, not more expensive.

Um... no? I remember buying most games for original xbox new at $40.

Where'd you buy 'em?

Target... Walmart... Best Buy... etc.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:


Um... no? I remember buying most games for original xbox new at $40.

Where'd you buy 'em?

Target... Walmart... Best Buy... etc.

That would explain it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:


Um... no? I remember buying most games for original xbox new at $40.

Where'd you buy 'em?

Target... Walmart... Best Buy... etc.

That would explain it.

...

That's where I still buy games... well most of em. Sometimes Amazon or Steam.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

But video games have stayed at the relative price of 60 (USD) here in america. for quite a while, but because of inflation that 60 dollars is not worth as much as it used to be, and is thus cheaper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

But video games have stayed at the relative price of 60 (USD) here in america. for quite a while, but because of inflation that 60 dollars is not worth as much as it used to be, and is thus cheaper.

It's only been $60 since the last generation of consoles came out... the next gen they'll be $70 or $80.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:


Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

But video games have stayed at the relative price of 60 (USD) here in america. for quite a while, but because of inflation that 60 dollars is not worth as much as it used to be, and is thus cheaper.

It's only been $60 since the last generation of consoles came out... the next gen they'll be $70 or $80.

The original mario bros was around 50 USD, which if you include inflation is equal to around 90 USD today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Today at 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The PS4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: