I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 The PS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

But video games have stayed at the relative price of 60 (USD) here in america. for quite a while, but because of inflation that 60 dollars is not worth as much as it used to be, and is thus cheaper.

And in any other circumstance that would be true.
However, coupled with the current economic rut we're in, it's not actually so. "Not worth as much as it used to be" is where this thing pivots. Well, actually it's the "used to" factor.

During an inflation, it might seem you're getting more money, but you're really not. 60 bucks is still 60 bucks, but it does not amount to the 60 bucks from before the currency was inflated. Not only because the currency value has gone down, but also because it's much harder to get those 60 bucks. When you have other monthly expenses, like rent, groceries, bills, w/e...
"Not worth as much as it used to" does not necessarily mean "cheaper"...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

I forgot where I read it, but it said that video games SHOULD cost $68.00, but instead it has stayed at $60.00...

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Boba wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
According to inflation, video game prices are decreasing...

Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

I forgot where I read it, but it said that video games SHOULD cost $68.00, but instead it has stayed at $60.00...

Based on your history, I'm not taking your "facts" on their merits...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boba
Talz


Posts : 3160
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : New Hampshire.

PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Boba wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:


Um... Nope... If anything, they're going up... Inflation means currency values are decreasing, which would mean more money would be needed to represent the same amount.

I forgot where I read it, but it said that video games SHOULD cost $68.00, but instead it has stayed at $60.00...

Based on your history, I'm not taking your "facts" on their merits...

What makes you say that?

_________________
The number one most reliable news source anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The PS4   Today at 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
 
The PS4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: