OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
No More LucasArts? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
No More LucasArts? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

No More LucasArts?

Go down 
+3
CollaWars
Burkman
Scott
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:28 am

So Disney is disolving LucasArts... I have mixed feelings about this. I think we can all agree they've not really done anything great of late. I liked the TFU personally but they just aren't making the great games I used to like. On the other hand I'm hearing that SW 1313 might just be straight up cancelled... and I kinda wanted to see how that was going to turn out. Bottom line.... who's going to make my Star Wars games now!? I fear what Disney is going to do with this. *imagines Vader in Kingdom of Hearts* *shivers*
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 am

I want my Star Wars 1313!!!
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

It is good. It'll mean Star Wars games will be made by different companies.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:42 pm

If I remember correctly 1313 was "Indefinitely postponed until the release of the newest Star Wars movie". So pretty much it's cancelled.

They also said there won't be any more Star Wars games until after the new movie. "We want to capitalize on the new film".

Oh well. FU2 was a good game, but it was incredibly short. I felt ripped off spending 20 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Jetbounty wrote:
If I remember correctly 1313 was "Indefinitely postponed until the release of the newest Star Wars movie". So pretty much it's cancelled.

They also said there won't be any more Star Wars games until after the new movie. "We want to capitalize on the new film".

Oh well. FU2 was a good game, but it was incredibly short. I felt ripped off spending 20 dollars.

TFU2

The T seperates the acronym for a game and saying "Fuck You Too"
Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 am

I just hope they sell Sam & Max and Monkey Island to Telltale and give Schafer the rights of Full Throttle.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 pm

It'll either mean more shitty games akin to LEGO Star Wars or great games made by Naughty Dog, DICE, and other companies with more innovation.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 pm

I'll have you know LEGO Star Wars is what got me into Star Wars when I was 8.

EDIT: http://videogames.cosmicbooknews.com/content/star-wars-1313-boba-fett-video-game-concept-art-surfaces-slim-chance-getting-revived

oh....
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Bwanch wrote:

EDIT: http://videogames.cosmicbooknews.com/content/star-wars-1313-boba-fett-video-game-concept-art-surfaces-slim-chance-getting-revived

oh....

The LEGO games weren't bad at all. You just have to appreciate them for what they are...LEGO games. lol

I'd LOVE a game where it's all about Boba Fett. Sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Jetbounty wrote:
Bwanch wrote:

oh....

The LEGO games weren't bad at all. You just have to appreciate them for what they are...LEGO games. lol

I'd LOVE a game where it's all about Boba Fett. Sounds cool.

That's what Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be about...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/4/4183890/star-wars-1313-video-game-starred-boba-fett
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Well shit.... That's what I get for not being up to date on 1313...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No More LucasArts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No More LucasArts?   No More LucasArts? Empty

Back to top Go down

No More LucasArts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: