I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

Oblivion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Oblivion   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I was skeptical at first... it being a Tom Cruise movie. But the trailers and CGI looked sexy enough that I felt I had to watch it at least once. I was not disappointing. By far one of the better Sci Fi movies in a while. It's pretty tough to get me to watch a movie again after I see it once. I will definitely be watching this again someday.

CGI 10/10
Themes 10/10
Story 9/10
Characters 9/10
Music 10/10

That being said I have one complaint... as a Geologist... the fuck do you explain 60 years producing hundreds of feet of lithified rocks and glaciers. Does not work.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*

Last edited by Scott on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 pm

It reminded me a little (a fair bit actually) of the 2009 film "Moon"...
Otherwise awesome movie, I was kinda put off at the end with the whole "he kinda lived" thing, but all in all- a must-see in my opinion...

And the lithified rocks and other geological formations were kinda explained away with attempted terraforming and the nuking of the planet before that...

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion   Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Otherwise awesome movie, I was kinda put off at the end with the whole "he kinda lived" thing, but all in all- a must-see in my opinion...

And the lithified rocks and other geological formations were kinda explained away with attempted terraforming and the nuking of the planet before that...
They never discussed terraforming... just that they were extracting H2O. And nukes do not create lithified rocks. Lithification only comes from thousands to millions of years of weathering, transportation, and deposition.

Also on the subject of "terraforming"... it has little to actually do with geology. It's more of a concept based on creating an affable climate and ecologically friendly biosphere. As such there are such ways to induce a new atmosphere and biosphere (tho keep in mind they would be on a massive scale). The same cannot be said for geology... one cannot simply speed up the rock cycle... it's just not possible without a time machine.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:

I really liked Moon. Sam Rockwell is criminally underrated as an actor.

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion   Today at 3:18 am

Back to top Go down

Oblivion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1