OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+11
Branch
Causa
GSG
Jet
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ulyaoth
CollaWars
Callin
Scott
Ban-Anad
Burkman
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 pm

So, wait, are you already living with Grimeth or you will be shortly?

Anyhow, I wrote my newest article. It's about why local multiplayer is still important to gaming. I took some of the advice I was given since I wrote the last one and it's a lot more clean-cut now I think. I also simplified my wording a bit, so it's easier to read.

http://www.highscorereviews.com/2014/06/24/feature-why-local-multiplayer-is-important-a-semi-rant/
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Jetbounty wrote:

Anyhow, I wrote my newest article.  It's about why local multiplayer is still important to gaming.  I took some of the advice I was given since I wrote the last one and it's a lot more clean-cut now I think.  I also simplified my wording a bit, so it's easier to read.  

http://www.highscorereviews.com/2014/06/24/feature-why-local-multiplayer-is-important-a-semi-rant/

Not bad. Though some of the examples you give make me scratch my head as to how local multiplayer would work for those games... Like... How would The Division benefit from local multi when it's supposed to be a more MMO-like game?
Split-screen also don't work for many games (like AC games, Destiny, which again- is an MMO).
A split screen in Titanfall would be a really bad idea, since you can get put into different teams. Plus it won't really look good unless you have like a 40-inch monitor...

I think that for the most part you mean LAN multiplayer, rather than the actual "in the same room with one television" thing, as you say.
Still, quite good (not bad at least). Though there's still some errors in grammar and stuff. But that's gonna clear itself out the more you practice.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Jetbounty wrote:

Anyhow, I wrote my newest article.  It's about why local multiplayer is still important to gaming.  I took some of the advice I was given since I wrote the last one and it's a lot more clean-cut now I think.  I also simplified my wording a bit, so it's easier to read.  

Not bad. Though some of the examples you give make me scratch my head as to how local multiplayer would work for those games... Like... How would The Division benefit from local multi when it's supposed to be a more MMO-like game?
Split-screen also don't work for many games (like AC games, Destiny, which again- is an MMO).
A split screen in Titanfall would be a really bad idea, since you can get put into different teams. Plus it won't really look good unless you have like a 40-inch monitor...

I think that for the most part you mean LAN multiplayer, rather than the actual "in the same room with one television" thing, as you say.
Still, quite good (not bad at least). Though there's still some errors in grammar and stuff. But that's gonna clear itself out the more you practice.

I'm glad you enjoyed it (or at least didn't hate it).  Looking back at the first article this one definitely came out a lot more like I'd hoped.  Next time I'm hoping to see even more of an improvement.

Those examples were more or less unrelated to what the game WAS going to be, and rather what multiplayer could contribute to them as separate modes entirely.  Destiny might be an MMO, but above everything else it's a fancy FPS.  As an FPS it could just have a few maps created solely for offline play in a splitscreen mode, unrelated to the main game. It was more or less just for an example.

And besides, local MP doesn't always have to be splitscreen :P Some people were saying if Ubi toyed around a bit they could probably think of something cool with co-op on one screen. Of course, that would take a lot of toying, but it was for the idea more than anything.

Point out some of the grammatical errors, I'd like to know so I don't keep doing them
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Jetbounty wrote:

The article was more about local multiplayer in general.  Co-op would be a possibility with Assassins Creed for example, but I'm glad you consider it an improvement.

And they don't have to be incorporated into the main game, per se.  It would just be nice to have a separate mode entirely to keep friends entertained.  That was more or less the point I was trying to make.

Point out some of the grammatical errors, I'd like to know so I don't keep doing them.

Grammatical errors are just some ill-placed commas, "and"s and phrases that don't really work well (they still get the idea across, it's jut there's a better way to say it). I'm busy now so I'll give you specific examples later.

As for Assassin's Creed... Yes, co-op can work. And it will with Unity, just not split-screen co-op. There's just some games that can't have split-screen because of particular mechanics.

As for "why isn't there any LAN"... Most of the games you've listed (and in general today) are console-focused games. I don't know about you, but I don't think there's many families with more than one console of a kind in their house (and cross-platform multiplayer is really hard to make)...
As for the PC version:
A) "If PC has it, why not consoles?"/"It's that way on console! PC should be held to the same criteria!" #consolepeasant
B) *Nods at Uplay and other launcher-but-actually-DRM applications*
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Life on the Mountain: Day 3

Today is the beginning of my third day here on the mountain. This gods forsaken wilderness. Trees as far as you can see. Squirrels and other such critters are abound.

I never knew how uneven the world is. I knew mountains existed. I knew of hills. But I did not live in them. Every time I wish to leave this place, it is an uphill battle for my poor car. Then a 20 minute drive at 55 mph to the nearest town. The nearest civilization. I fear this land will wear down my poor car brakes quickly. At times, I hear them screech. I hate this land.

This morning, I walked with my companion, Benjamin, to the top of Mt. Zion. I shall refer to it as Mount Son-of-a-Bitch. It was quite a long trail. My companion needed to rest periodically. Since I've been running lately, I didn't feel out of breath or exhausted. I could feel my companion's growing resentment for me.

Today, I am told that food... real food shall be arriving. McDonald's. The cuisine of my people. However, truth be told... we had spaghetti for dinner here last night that I liked. Which was surprising, for I ALWAYS disliked spaghetti. I tried it, numerous times, thinking, "this time might be different" but it never was. Mountain noodles and mountain sauce have a different flavor. *nods*

The room I live in is smaller than I expected. It has it's own bathroom however, which is fortunate. I intend to shower soon as we grew sweaty during our walk to and from mount son-of-a-bitch. The walk there and back took 2 hours. It didn't feel like we had been gone that long, but we were. The view up there was nice. You could see very far.

I fear that I will be criticized for splitting the Mt. Zion story into two paragraphs, separated from each other. But I have learned not to care for the rules. Much like the mountain folk. Speed limits mean nothing to them. I have learned to adapt. You see cops parked and just watching people. Waiting to catch speeders. Probably because everybody does it, and it's easy money for these mountain police.

You can see more stars out at night here than in Modesto. A part of me wants to go back. The roads were flat in modesto. Not like this hellhole. Jackson is an overgrown gas station on the side of the road. Too many people in this small spot. Why in god's name did they even come here?

My companion in this forgotten land has 2 sisters. They're rather... delectable. Yes, that is the word I wish to use. Delectable. The younger one is nearly 16. If it's good enough for England, it's good enough for me, I always said.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 pm

I was staring at the moon last night and I wondered if somewhere, somehow Uly was looking back.

Keep posting of your journey.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Uly I enjoyed your story until the pedophilia came in and then I became disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Jetbounty wrote:
Uly I enjoyed your story until the pedophilia came in and then I became disappointed.

Don't be a faggot, Jet. My sisters are beautiful! Uly is only human... Gaaaaawd.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:28 pm

"Pedophilia?", Uly said with a voice that betrayed his shock and dismay.

"Pedophilia." Grimeth said, confirming that Jet had indeed suggested such a thing.

"Pedophilia?! So is Jet a pedophile for liking girls his own age?"

"Pretty much.", Grimeth replied.

Everyone who lived in england was a pedophile up until they raised the age of consent to 18, in Jet's book. If that girl is 17 and 364 days old, you're a pedophile until tomorrow. That's how Jet does business...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Deep inside every person there are urges that society does not generally accept.  It is okay to enjoy such things, but to bring them up might arouse some ill opinions.

Uly, if it were nearly anyone else I know it wouldn't creep me out. In fact I probably wouldn't mind.

And I still love Grimeth.  Even if he hates me and is very vocal about it.  <3
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:07 pm

I hadn't called my mom yet. She's mad at me, as you may know. But the police called grimeth's mom and then talked to me... turns out my mom filed a missing person report on me...

But anywho, I guess that's sorted and out of the way... kinda mad she did that. She didn't message me on facebook or nothin'. I didn't want to call or text first cuz I figured she was pissed off at me.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Further proof your mother is an idiot.

YAY Uly write a journal of your trials and tribulations. Oh there ya go. Trial and Tribulations of a Jellyfish Out of Water. An Uly Story.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Jetbounty wrote:
Deep inside every person there are urges that society does not generally accept.  It is okay to enjoy such things, but to bring them up might arouse some ill opinions.

Uly, if it were nearly anyone else I know it wouldn't creep me out.  In fact I probably wouldn't mind.

And I still love Grimeth.  Even if he hates me and is very vocal about it.  <3

Jet... Shut up.

Also, Uly... I'm sorry to say this but your mom is one crazy bitch... It's terrible, I know, but you might really have to cut all ties with her...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:59 pm

It's 9pm. The sun has set on my third day on the mountain. Today I had some sort of barbecued pork strips in a hamburger bun about noon. Then a mcdonald's dinner.

Here in the wilderness, you learn to live with the animals. And by animals, I mean insects. Like, there's no keeping them out. You just have to have little bugs crawlin on the walls here or there. Spider runnin across the floor every now and again. Did I tell you guys that I saw a deer walk through grimeth's backyard on day 1? Cuz that happened. It was oh... 30 or 40 feet from us. Just lookin' at us. I was here for like 2 hours and like "oh... there's a deer..."

That's when I knew... I was where the wild things are.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 pm

So... is forumotion excruciatingly slow for anyone else?

And I've been drawing stuff with Gimp, recently.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:42 pm

The Elder Kings mod for Crusader Kings 2 is awesome
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

WILBAMA wrote:
The Elder Kings mod for Crusader Kings 2 is awesome

Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Day 5 on the mountain. My companion has grown weary of my presence. He wears his headset and plays Prison Architect for hours at a time, quickly becoming agitated by simple questions, even when spaced 15 minutes apart or more.

"Do you know where the maiden in black is?"

"I'M NOT A FUCKING WALKTHROUGH ULY, I DON'T FUCKING KNOW THAT SHIT, GO EAT A DICK!"
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Grimeth got mad at mmmeeeee... I left the bathroom door open and it literally doesn't matter but he keeps it closed for basically no reasooon. It was an accideeeeent.

Grimeth literally forced me to eat an apple today. Like, for reals. I was holding the raisin bran and I WANTED raisin bran but he kept saying, "no, you're eating an apple" and cut it into slices and just left it there. He was gonna waste it. I don't know why he did that. I kinda hate him for it. He's a dick.

We had fried chicken and french fries last night. Grimeth's family says grace at dinner. I always feel awkward. I don't know what to do when they say grace. I feel like if I do nothing, I'm being disrespectful and if I do, I'm like... mocking them or something.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't, that's how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Grimeth's sister, Lena, still has not eaten dinner with the family for the 5 days I've been here. Apparently, she usually DOES eat dinner with them. We later found that she's been keeping food in her room. I think she does this just so she can avoid me. She's mad that her mother let someone live with them.

I'm not sure how to feel about this... I know it's not personal, if grimeth's mom let anyone live here like she did, lena would be mad. But still... it hurts poor uly. Lena hates mmmeeeeee. It's my fault lena's upset. It's my fault there's this rift in the family. ULY'S THE CAUSE OF ALL OF IT AND IT'S NOT FAAAAIIIIR!  I hate you...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Maybe she saw you in the Bathroom Mirror while she was showering?

(jk)

(we all know she didnt see you you suave and smooth mother fucker you)
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 pm

I think there's movies about that stuff. Take her out for ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Don't ask if it's that time of month...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Wait, Uly lives with Grimeth?

What the hell have I missed?
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:45 pm

WILBAMA wrote:
Wait, Uly lives with Grimeth?

What the hell have I missed?

A good bit honestly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next