OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+12
Causa
The Mortonator
Grimeth
CollaWars
Callin
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ban-Anad
Yeet
Scott
Branch
Jet
Ulyaoth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:48 pm

The 1994 Subaru Legacy

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 Image002
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:51 pm

What a beautiful machine..
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 am

Burkman wrote:
The 1994 Subaru Legacy

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 Image002

This... this is our legacy...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Uly called me today. He gets out of basic training in three days. Then he'll be going the tech school in Mississippi after that. He said he'll try to get on steam as soon as he can. He's also coming to my place for christmas for about two weeks. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm

The fucker did it!

See we all knew he could do it, and I am glad he stuck it through till the end. I cant wait to tell him myself.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Thats awesome! :D
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:08 am

Give him our best Grim!
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:15 am

Yeah, I knew he could do it. Tell him that I wish him the best and we're all proud of him!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm

So, I was at McDonald's and I order 2 mcchickens and an oreo mcflurry, right? Well, you know what I got? Spicy mcchickens. Now, I like those just fine so I didn't complain or nothing, but I said mcchicken, god damn it. How you gonna add the word spicy? There was literally no word before it except the number 2, and I got 2 of them so you didn't mishear that.

So anyway, how's that letter coming along, Burkman? And Grimeth? and everyone on the OT because you all had my address... I'm just sayin. You DID have my address.

And pampered, burkman says.... PAMPERED!! Maybe in the operational Air Force, yeah, they talk about how we have all the best facilities and all that, the food and the education opportunities and whatever. But here in basic... this place is hell. I can't know what it's like in the other branches, but it's no picnic here. I've been to hell and back. Well, technically I'm still here. I don't leave until sunday, I'm on "town pass" today and using my mom's laptop.

I've eaten so much freaking candy in the past couple of days. We all have. Some of us ate so much they got sick, stomachaches n' such. But god, did we deserve that candy. Those milkshakes. The pizza. It's a BMT thanksgiving on base liberty. We all shared all the crap we bought at a big ol' table in a mini mall packed with other trainees like myself.

Well, we WERE trainees. We graduated today. I got my single stripe sewn onto some of my shirts. I don't say "Sir, Trainee Allan reports as ordered." anymore. It's "Sir, Airman Allan reports as ordered."

But yeah, in the MTIs eyes, we're still trainees and we know it. Still gotta mind yourself around here. People HAVE gotten recycled in the 8th week of training. They love to remind us of that. Normal life is so weird after being in here so long. Like, really. I think it's hard for other people to understand until you've been in this place. It's much like a prison, although I'm sure it's worse in many ways. They at least somewhat know what's going on in the world in prison, right?

I could talk for hours about this place, I'm sure. I could sit here and type forever if I wanted to, I feel like. The days here are so very long... especially in the early weeks.

But anywho, I'm gonna have to go soonish. We wasted a lot of time today just getting off base and getting a hotel room to relax in. We also had to stay on base for another airman in my flight for 2 hours because his brother didn't show up to pick him up and I wasn't gonna leave him alone. We HAVE to have a "wingman" at all times. Walking around alone, even for half a minute makes you feel so paranoid and anxious. It's weird. I've never been actually alone ever for 2 months, except in a bathroom stall.

Oh, that reminds me. No, I haven't touched myself the whole time I was here. Most people haven't. A handful do. My first primary wingman told me he did. He recommended it for relieving stress. Then there was that time someone left their uh.... "sample" on the bathroom floor. We had us a little meeting in the dayroom over that one. Not to mention the time someone had their pubes all over the shower floor cuz they decided they couldn't take not shaving down there anymore. Not sure how they found the time to do that, either. I count myself lucky if I get to wash more than my head and torso with body wash. Some days are just a rinse off. Some days you skip it because we just don't have time. Same goes for brushing teeth. I'd like to brush my teeth much more often than time allows here. Also, we fill up our canteens in the bathroom sink. I drank bathroom sink water for 2 months.

But anywho, I'mma finish this up. We ordered dominos and I think it'll be here soon, haha.

A final word, though... Don't join the Air Force. I might change my mind about that someday, but right now, I wouldn't recommend this hell to anybody. If you absolutely must join, we need to have us some long, long talks about what goes on in that place. There's so much I could've been prepared for if someone had just told me. Like MX, that son of a bitch! He told me nothing... NAY, WORSE THAN NOTHING!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 4:42 pm

No posts, huh... I see how it is. Uly shows up and the room clears out. Well, this is the last time I can talk to you guys here for a few days. Maybe a week. I'm not really sure when I'll be able to get online again. I leave for tech school soon... talk to you guys l-l-later...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Well, I might as well keep typing, cuz I'm not leaving as soon as I thought I was. Grimeth's graphics card died and he took mine out of my computer and put it in his...

My detail here is EC Monitor. You should google that or something. It's a real sucky job, honestly. I could explain why, but I would be typing for a very long time about EC. EC stands for Entry Controller, btw. I'll type up what you say to someone who wants to enter the dorm, just for funsies, which you have to yell through the thick door with the thick glass window, so caps is appropriate...

SIR, MAY I HELP YOU?

MAY I SEE YOUR AUTHORITY TO ENTER?

CHECKING... ONE WHITE COMMON ACCESS CARD, (RANK) (NAME)

VERIFYING... ONE WHITE COMMON ACCESS CARD, (RANK) (NAME)

VERIFIED!

PROCEEDING TO SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS!

CHECKING FOR MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE GENDER...

NONE SEEN!

CHECKING FOR OFFICERS...

NONE SEEN!

DO YOU VOUCH FOR THE TRAINEES BEHIND YOU?

IS THE STAIRWELL CLEAR?

PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOOR.

And that's every single time someone wants to come in. It's annoying to deal with sometime, especially when a bunch of people are coming back, like from breakfast, lunch or dinner. Course, one person can vouch for a group, but after that 6 or so come in, another 4 are right behind them. We had a little fun with it sometimes when MTIs weren't around, though.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Not that I'm the only one who does EC. We all do EC. I'm mostly the schedule maker. The bad guy who makes people wake up at 2:30 in the morning to do a 2-hour EC shift. But more on that at another time...

"How were those sweet military classes where you learned cool stuff, uly?"

Very hard to stay awake in, that's how they were. We're all somewhat sleep deprived here, it's part of the training and all... then here comes the 4-hour class on sexual assault prevention and response. I mean sure, that's important, but it was mostly common sense stuff in that class, ultimately.

Lot of anime fans here. Pokemon, Magic: the gathering... a handful of D&D players, too.

I placed 18 of 24 shots with the M16 on my test. First time I ever fired a weapon and I get an evaluation where you need 10 shots or you get a U for the week of training. U for Unsatisfactory. Two U's in a week and you get recycled. We fired about 60 rounds total, the last 24 being under a time limit and part of our evaluation. 3 or 4 people in our flight got 22 or higher for that marksmanship ribbon. The M16 is surprisingly easy to disassemble and reassemble.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Ok, like... for reals... sorry about all the posts, but c'mon. It's been 4 hours and not a soul shows up. I'll see you guys later, I guess...

Believe me, I could go on and on about BMT. I won't go crazy with the posts unless people have questions n' stuff. Life here in the past 8 weeks has been very long... and very rough. But it's all coming to a close now. I'm sure tech school is no walk in the park, but they say you get like 80% of your freedom back. That's a whole lotta freedom compared to what we have here. I remember the first time I walked in a store, an honest to god store like a walmart. It was such a surreal experience. So bizarre after my time in BMT. Like deja vu or something.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Well, we're all glad you're making it through Uly. I hope the tech school ends up being more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:18 pm

At least causa posts in my time of need. I was expecting an outpouring of happiness tears, however. I look forward to talking to you guys on steam s-s-sometime. W-w-we'll be friends, then. Friends f-forever.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:28 pm

And we'll die friends.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks for telling me that Uly posted, Causa. you

Glad to see him post on the OT again. I also never got called for my phone interview...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 am

ULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you... I hate you...

Miss you dude. Glad to hear you did good.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

Uuuuuuuuuuuly!!!! Good to see your paragraphs again! :D
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:53 pm

What tech school are going to? I could visit!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm at a starbucks here on base. We got base liberty today. MTIs like to swim around like sharks looking for prey, like they always do. Making sure we aren't going crazy, but it's stressful, really. You know what to do when you're at the squadron, where we live every day, but out here in the "real world" there's a thousand little things you could be doing wrong and not know it. But anywho, I should wrap this up... just wanted y'all to know that I came here and read your postzorz.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I'm at a starbucks here on base. We got base liberty today. MTIs like to swim around like sharks looking for prey, like they always do. Making sure we aren't going crazy, but it's stressful, really. You know what to do when you're at the squadron, where we live every day, but out here in the "real world" there's a thousand little things you could be doing wrong and not know it. But anywho, I should wrap this up... just wanted y'all to know that I came here and read your postzorz.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. No one is going to be paying attention to you unless it's their job I guess.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 pm

ULY'S ALIVE!
Woooooo! Also, great job on all those things you did in all those words you posted... I'm... not actually done reading all of it, but good job nonetheless.
I'm really proud of you buddy.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Causa, Burkman, Banana

Az has to go do a thing with work people tonight so I guess we start next week then. Or we can come up with another plan.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Callin wrote:
Causa, Burkman, Banana

Az has to go do a thing with work people tonight so I guess we start next week then.  Or we can come up with another plan.

I was looking forward to it... You disappoint me greatly.
you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next