OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+12
Causa
The Mortonator
Grimeth
CollaWars
Callin
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ban-Anad
Yeet
Scott
Branch
Jet
Ulyaoth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Callin wrote:
So bad news kids. Causa, burkman, banana my comp died again. Im pissed and almost done with desktops.... gonna be a bit before i can get it fixed

Build your own. OMG!

It will have a much longer life than a gaming laptop and will probably be cheaper and more powerful.

If I can do it so can you.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Callin wrote:
Wilbourn wrote:
This War of Mine is a fun game

Hi Wilbz, Fuck off Wilbz.. I mean bye. You never stick around (lol)

I don't have much spare time, my schedule has been full of napping and stresses about college Wilbz
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Callin wrote:
So bad news kids. Causa, burkman, banana my comp died again. Im pissed and almost done with desktops.... gonna be a bit before i can get it fixed

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 Rage44qe39
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Callin wrote:

Build your own.  OMG!

It will have a much longer life than a gaming laptop and will probably be cheaper and more powerful.

If I can do it so can you.

I agree to this. Although for a laptop it'll be difficult. Try with RoG (Republic of Gamers). And yeah, Asus (who own RoG) make pretty decent gaming-intended laptops...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Longer life grimeth says, well his graphics card died on him in a year or so, so there's that. Just saying... also, I have to press "next" 23 times to get to the 24th page. This place ain't mobile friendly, I tell you.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Longer life grimeth says, well his graphics card died on him in a year or so, so there's that. Just saying... also, I have to press "next" 23 times to get to the 24th page. This place ain't mobile friendly, I tell you.

That could've been due to cooling issues or faulty wiring.
And hush you. Didn't they drill the whine out of you in basic?
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:

A year or so? try nearly four...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

This is my own custom gaming Desktop...... My computer Geek friend says I should just bite the bullet and get a Laptop anyways and I kind of want one. I found a great Asus on Amazon that retails for 2500 and a refurbished one for 1100. Thats not a bad thing. Just gotta wait on Taxes haha

My two custom made desktops. First one had a motherboard short and I put 4 Power Supplies into it before I found out the problem. Now this one is having Power Supply problems. So its my luck ya know.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Callin wrote:
This is my own custom gaming Desktop...... My computer Geek friend says I should just bite the bullet and get a Laptop anyways and I kind of want one. I found a great Asus on Amazon that retails for 2500 and a refurbished one for 1100. Thats not a bad thing. Just gotta wait on Taxes haha

My two custom made desktops. First one had a motherboard short and I put 4 Power Supplies into it before I found out the problem. Now this one is having Power Supply problems. So its my luck ya know.

Specs?
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

AMD Phenom II x4 975 Processor 3.6 GHz. I lost some Ram so only 4 gig there, and a GTX 270 Graphics Card

(its been awhile since I built it)
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

A year or so?  try nearly four...

So like, does the card send no signal to the monitor at all or are you just getting graphical errors?
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:19 pm

So what does everyone think of the Star Wars teaser?

Also I followed Anel Fajokvic on instagram. He got a mix tape out.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Colla is blowing up my Instagram as we speak
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 7:16 am

At first I thought the new trailer looked rather fan-made-ish. Especially the scene with the Sith in the normal-looking snowy forest. Got a chuckle out of the FIFA droid and what appeared to be an over-reactive stormtrooper. Loved the xwing fly over the water. And then there was the abomination of a lightsaber. I mean really? Those guards wont even stop a blade because the emiter nozzles stick out from the base. And it would be physically impossible to wield it without stabby stabby your wrist. And why did he stomp to his right when he activated it? Is the lightsaber that shitty of a design that he has to use momentum to force the damn lightsaber blade out?
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 am

I actually see people defending the crossguard.... I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE! ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!?!?! Its people who have no idea how to do swordplay who defend it.

The crossguard has multiple uses that are not utilized on a Lightsaber. One it does keep a sword from sliding down the blade and cutting your hand. Not gonna happen with the emiter sticking out like that. Two it keeps your hand from sliding UP onto the blade and cutting your own damn hand. NOT gonna be a good thing when it in itself is a fucking lightsaber lol.

Your hand will rub against the crossguard. Not a good thing when it itself is also a lightsaber. So its a fucking impractical and a detriment to the wielder.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 10:31 am

I should see this trailer...
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Causa wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

So like, does the card send no signal to the monitor at all or are you just getting graphical errors?

the card would send me a lot of pixels and black bars randomly and freeze up often until I restarted my computer.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Scott wrote:
At first I thought the new trailer looked rather fan-made-ish. Especially the scene with the Sith in the normal-looking snowy forest. Got a chuckle out of the FIFA droid and what appeared to be an over-reactive stormtrooper. Loved the xwing fly over the water. And then there was the abomination of a lightsaber. I mean really? Those guards wont even stop a blade because the emiter nozzles stick out from the base. And it would be physically impossible to wield it without stabby stabby your wrist. And why did he stomp to his right when he activated it? Is the lightsaber that shitty of a design that he has to use momentum to force the damn lightsaber blade out?

The black guy is a main character I think.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Callin wrote:
AMD Phenom II x4 975 Processor 3.6 GHz. I lost some Ram so only 4 gig there, and a GTX 270 Graphics Card

The new Dell XPS 15 is around 2000 with 16 gbs of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?ref=PD_OC

The entirety of the specs is there.

It does have a touch screen, so I don't know how you feel about that.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Causa wrote:
Grimeth wrote:

the card would send me a lot of pixels and black bars randomly and freeze up often until I restarted my computer.

Did you ever try remounting it? Maybe in a different slot?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Burkman wrote:
Callin wrote:

The new Dell XPS 15 is around 2000 with 16 gbs of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Dell laptops are however prone to overheating...

As for the Star Wars trailer... I like the CGI, they seem to be going all-out on it. Which isn't all that bad... I lol'd at the "FIFA Droid" (it's official name from now on). I'm kinda confused as to why they're keeping the Empire and Storm troopers a thing after Vader and the Emperor were killed.
My hopes for that is that they're gonna have all the Moffs vying for control of the Empire. Like, have the Rebel Alliance but then also have an internal struggle between all the Moffs that were each left with their own armies and planets. Disney can have their "Luke and Leia's kids" story, having that as the backdrop would give the new trilogy a lot more to work with...

As for the "cross-ber", I'll say what I've said before. The look of the saber inherits a lot from a bigger sword, mainly a claymore, a Zweihänder, or a longer bastard sword. Both have very rigid, staggered and generally slower fighting styles that don't necessarily require a lot of dancing about the place. From that point of view, design-wise, a cross hilt would not be too strange. But making it part of the lightsaber is just impractical...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Causa, Burkman, Banana

Totally forgot about my daughters christmas play on tuesday. So game will be an hour later (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:47 am

Callin wrote:
Causa, Burkman, Banana

Totally forgot about my daughters christmas play on tuesday. So game will be an hour later (I hope)

You're a failure as a father and she'll never love you again!
Oh... I mean... At least it's not postponed, again...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Callin wrote:

My dad has that very one and didn't do such a thing.  I've used Dell laptops for years and hadn't had that problem. In fact, I do heavy gaming on the one I'm using now and I've had this one for over 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Burkman wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

My dad has that very one and didn't do such a thing.  I've used Dell laptops for years and hadn't had that problem. In fact, I do heavy gaming on the one I'm using now and I've had this one for over 4 years.

Well I don't know... Everyone I know that's had a Dell "gaming" laptop, myself included, has had issues with it overheating if you don't clean the fan meticulously...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next