I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

The Never-Ending Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:
It was 31 degrees outside a couple days ago. And we had to be outside in it! That's a fierce california winter. Fiercest winter I ever did see, to tell the truth. Not sure what it's gonna be like at Langley. I hear it gets cold enough to snow there.

It gets cold enough to snow in half of california...

Meanwhile, there's like 60-80cm of snow in downtown Sofia, Bulgaria...

Lonely Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Grimeth wrote:

That's not the cali I know, bruh. One time, we were standing around complaining about how cold it was, you know, like we do here in the air force. Some pennsylvania guy was talking about how it's shorts and shirt weather and I said that "fierce california winter" thing and this other guy says "that's what I'm talkin about, this guy knows" and we high fived. That's the cali we know. I forget if this story had a point or not. It probably didn't. You know how I do. Anyway, all the cool kids are central valley. Grimeth is like... base of the rocky mountains... almost valley... but not central valley. Not Modesto. Glorious and free. Except for it being #1 car theft capital and #4 for unemployment. But other than that, glorious. Modesto. Air Force. Uly. Important things.

Oh yeah, I graduate on march 16th assuming I pass my Sec+ test. Keep that under your hat so the terrorists don't shoot down my plane. You know the Sec+ test "assumes you have at least 2 years experience working with computers in a network and the Network+ certification"? Shit's brutal, man. We get 2 weeks.

"CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security." That'll be uly right there. Knowledgeable professional. That's uly in 2 words, am I right or am I right? Uly's going places. Places like Virginia.

Burkman
Perfect Stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:
It was 31 degrees outside a couple days ago. And we had to be outside in it! That's a fierce california winter. Fiercest winter I ever did see, to tell the truth. Not sure what it's gonna be like at Langley. I hear it gets cold enough to snow there.

Meanwhile, there's like 60-80cm of snow in downtown Sofia, Bulgaria...

Those Californians don't even know.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:49 pm

I stopped counting inches when it got above my unit's roof...

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Had fun at the Reenactment Saturday

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Did you guys act all freaked out when the photographer was taking pics?

"WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION?? WHY DOES IT SHOW A STILL REFLECTION OF US ON THE SMALL MIRROR??"

OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Spoiler:

Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Mr. Branch wrote:
Did you guys act all freaked out when the photographer was taking pics?

"WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION?? WHY DOES IT SHOW A STILL REFLECTION OF US ON THE SMALL MIRROR??"

If they say that they are fucking with ya and being an ass. Reenactors tend to ignore most mundane unless its disruptive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:29 am

All I can think of is the South Park 1864 episode.

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 am

Scott wrote:
All I can think of is the South Park 1864 episode.

This is Callin now.

OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm

I don't want to sound like that one angsty teen in high school, but I have been really depressed these days.
Ever since I was a kid, I've always been that sort of guy that usually minds my own and I don't think that paid off in my life nowadays; I am steady in life and that's good, but I just think that in terms of social interaction I've been really locking myself.
I guess it has something to do with a social anxiety that I had since I was a kid, but I don't know, I'm starting to feel like shit because of it, I try to "expand my horizons" sometimes but I feel like I come out to others as Socially Awkward.
And this is honestly starting to worry me for some reason, maybe because I don't want to have this feeling of loneliness.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just needed to get this out of myself as this is affecting my concentration towards work and shit so I needed to put this somewhere to relieve myself.
BTW, Love the reenaction, Callin; I was gonna say about the south park episode but Scott beat me to it.

Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Jean Pierre Polnareff wrote:
I don't want to sound like that one angsty teen in high school, but I have been really depressed these days.
Ever since I was a kid, I've always been that sort of guy that usually minds my own and I don't think that paid off in my life nowadays; I am steady in life and that's good, but I just think that in terms of social interaction I've been really locking myself.
I guess it has something to do with a social anxiety that I had since I was a kid, but I don't know, I'm starting to feel like shit because of it, I try to "expand my horizons" sometimes but I feel like I come out to others as Socially Awkward.
And this is honestly starting to worry me for some reason, maybe because I don't want to have this feeling of loneliness.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just needed to get this out of myself as this is affecting my concentration towards work and shit so I needed to put this somewhere to relieve myself.
BTW, Love the reenaction, Callin; I was gonna say about the south park episode but Scott beat me to it.

Hey dude if ya ever need to Chat or what not post on here or hit us up on Steam. Depression sucks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Your story sounds much like someone I once knew. That someone knew he had to turn his life around because it was going nowhere fast. That someone... joined the Air Force.

Join the Brazilian Air Force. A Força Aérea Brasileira.

Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Your story sounds much like someone I once knew. That someone knew he had to turn his life around because it was going nowhere fast. That someone... joined the Air Force.

Or... Just go on a walk-about... It's an Australian thing and it's helped me in times of internal turmoil...

Sad Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Or... Just go on a walk-about... It's an Australian thing and it's helped me in times of internal turmoil...

Also, as someone who as been through counseling/therapy, I feel that it can help nearly everyone, so that might be a thing that'd be good for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MT
OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks a lot, you guys.
I will try to follow your advices and attempt to communicate with you all during my freetime, I've been really stressed over this stuff along some thngs from my past (most including my dad and how he was basically a prick through out my life) and I really needed to hear this.

BTW Uly, the Força Áerea Brasileira is for gay monkeys, I'm not joining that shit.

Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Ya know something MT... You have been here 3 years almost and I still consider you a newbie to this group LOL. You have earned your place here amongst us and the old people (me) need to do better at remembering that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Callin wrote:
Ya know something MT... You have been here 3 years almost and I still consider you a newbie to this group LOL. You have earned your place here amongst us and the old people (me) need to do better at remembering that.

Holy fuck. MT's been around for three years?! Shit, I just felt old...

Sad Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks a lot, you guys.
I will try to follow your advices and attempt to communicate with you all during my freetime, I've been really stressed over this stuff along some thngs from my past (most including my dad and how he was basically a prick through out my life) and I really needed to hear this.

BTW Uly, the Força Áerea Brasileira is for gay monkeys, I'm not joining that shit.

Yeah, I know how that is. Shit dad's suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Thanks a lot, you guys.

Yeah, I know how that is.  Shit dad's suck.

No I wont Adopt you. OMG!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Well MT is in the Senior Members group... the internet never lies to me.

Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:37 pm

AT LEAST YOU HAD A DAD!

*storms off crying*

No, but seriously. I never knew my father, so I didn't miss him.

Callin
I have a title

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Uly you over here on the East Coast yet?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Callin wrote:
Uly you over here on the East Coast yet?

No, he'll be flying over to Cali for a couple weeks on the 17th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:43 pm

No. I'm set to graduate on monday, march 16th. That's assuming I can pass Sec+. CompTIA Security Plus is a certification the air force decided you have to get to be in the career field I'm in. It's much more material to learn than the rest of my tech school training has been so far.

Classes for it "on the outside" are usually a whole semester but we need to learn it in 2 weeks. Granted, we spend like 9 hours a day in class, but still, it's a lot to try to absorb all at once. I'm nervous about it. The instructor has told me he's not worried about me passing. I'm still nervous about it, though. God, so much is hinging on passing that. People fail that test, man. 80% passed last time. I've heard of there being 50% pass rates sometimes. Sec+ can be a bitch.

This one girl was crying in the bathroom the other day because she failed Sec+ the third time in a row. I've never even heard of someone getting 3 attempts. It's 2 and you get reclassed into another career field, typically.

Anyway, assuming I pass, I'm flying to california on tuesday to visit grimeth's family for 2 weeks before heading to virginia on april 1st. After basic training and tech school, I really feel like I deserve a break. I'm using up all my leave. There's been plenty of good times along the way, but it can also be stressful here. It's a "military training environment" and they like to remind you just what that means from time to time.

It's been nearly 6 months, which may not be a long time, but the experiences come fast and you do so much in a day in the military and I feel like I've changed in some ways. But in others, I haven't changed at all. I'm still no-social-skills uly. Can't-make-a-friend uly. Worst of all, no-girlfriend uly. I feel like I've improved in the social area some, but not much. Maybe it's just going to take more time.

Anyway, yeah... Virginia. April 1st. West coast to East coast. I hope I pass my test on Monday. So much studying these past couple weeks. So little free time. But I'm almost there. I have to believe I can do this.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   Today at 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next