OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+13
LeetYourMakeup
Yeet
Daroska
Grimeth
Burkman
Ulyaoth
Jet
Ban-Anad
Branch
Callin
CollaWars
Scott
Boba
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:32 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Before you know it, California is going to become a barren wasteland of ash and smoke.

Sooo... Nevada...

Nevada is a barren wasteland of lithified clastics leading in stratigrafic section down to igneous bedrock. Not ash and smoke. Although I'm sure there are a couple bentonite layers.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:34 am

Callin wrote:
Then videogames will take place there. Haha

What you mean "will"?
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Before you know it, California is going to become a barren wasteland of ash and smoke.

Sooo... Nevada...

Nevada is a barren wasteland of lithified clastics leading in stratigrafic section down to igneous bedrock. Not ash and smoke. Although I'm sure there are a couple bentonite layers.

That was the most geologist thing you have ever said.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Sooo... Nevada...

That was the most geologist thing you have ever said.
Nevada has a lot of fun geology... didn't feel right to leave it at "ash and smoke".
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Being that I lived in california for so long, I definitely took several trips to nevada to appreciate it's fascinating geology. It really propelled my career as a junior geologist.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:05 pm

I can't believe we had work on 9/11. I mean, it's 9/11. If anybody in the world were to get 9/11 off... you'd think it'd be united states military.

Day shift had to work 7am to 4am. Swings shift(that's uly) came in at 3:30pm and left at like 6:30 because it's friday and our shift lead wanted to leave. And we had a 4-day weekend last week. But still.

Nobody told me life would be so tough in the military.

I be reading this pamphlet the chief put out and it's all like, "no profession asks as much of it's people as the profession of arms" and I'm like "Damn right. You damn right, chief."

"We serve a higher calling and are held to a higher standard."

"Damn right, chief... you damn right again."

It ain't easy being a paragon of all that is right in America. Paragon points for days. I've been replaying mass effect as an engineer because if uly were a mass effect class in the air force... it'd be engineer.

They're all navy, apparently. Gods damned navy. I don't believe that for even a second. Navy in space? Hell no. Air force owns space. We even have an "Air Force Space Command" with satellites and shit! I'M IN IT, TOO! Cuz the space in space command means cyberspace, too. The 4th dimension of battle. The cyber domain. And I am a cyber warrior. Engineer Uly. But anyway....

Commander Shepard? More like Lieutenant Colonel Shepard. That's who uly is. And Uly's allies, Captain Kaidan Alenko and Colonel Anderson.

Does anyone know if you salute officers on a ship in the navy? Like, indoors? People saluting me as I walk by on the Normandy and I'm like, "you're indoors, god damnit, don't salute me... and take off that god damn hat!"

But maybe they're going by navy rules... they also have their fingers extended when they go to attention, which is weird. I know navy don't do that. Bioware makin up their own rules...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I can't believe we had work on 9/11. I mean, it's 9/11. If anybody in the world were to get 9/11 off... you'd think it'd be united states military.

Day shift had to work 7am to 4am. Swings shift(that's uly) came in at 3:30pm and left at like 6:30 because it's friday and our shift lead wanted to leave. And we had a 4-day weekend last week. But still.

Nobody told me life would be so tough in the military.

I be reading this pamphlet the chief put out and it's all like, "no profession asks as much of it's people as the profession of arms" and I'm like "Damn right. You damn right, chief."

"We serve a higher calling and are held to a higher standard."

"Damn right, chief... you damn right again."

It ain't easy being a paragon of all that is right in America. Paragon points for days. I've been replaying mass effect as an engineer because if uly were a mass effect class in the air force... it'd be engineer.

They're all navy, apparently. Gods damned navy. I don't believe that for even a second. Navy in space? Hell no. Air force owns space. We even have an "Air Force Space Command" with satellites and shit! I'M IN IT, TOO! Cuz the space in space command means cyberspace, too. The 4th dimension of battle. The cyber domain. And I am a cyber warrior. Engineer Uly. But anyway....

Commander Shepard? More like Lieutenant Colonel Shepard. That's who uly is. And Uly's allies, Captain Kaidan Alenko and Colonel Anderson.

Does anyone know if you salute officers on a ship in the navy? Like, indoors? People saluting me as I walk by on the Normandy and I'm like, "you're indoors, god damnit, don't salute me... and take off that god damn hat!"

But maybe they're going by navy rules... they also have their fingers extended when they go to attention, which is weird. I know navy don't do that. Bioware makin up their own rules...

You're talking up a storm of shit, aren't ya? As usual.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Burkman's future employee at the jazz cafe gives him a long story about all the ways he's contributed to the success of the jazz cafe despite how he had to deal with the complications of having a recently broken leg and raising his 4 children by himself after his wife passed away 2 years ago while asking for a raise/promotion and burkman looks at him and says, "You're talking up a storm of shit, aren't ya? As usual."
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Also, I'm Old Snake.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:31 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Also, I'm Old Snake.

You wish you were.  Stop eating getting fat, have years of experience of CQC, take down plans to build a super mass weapon of destruction, stop strange people with strange abilities, have accelerated aging, be a clone, and be a badass.  

Call me when you've actually done ANY of those things.  Stop comparing yourself to badass characters to make you feel cool.  Fucking loser.

I really do hate you.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:57 am

But for reals doe... I'm old Snake.

Last edited by Ulyaoth on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:29 pm

I'll think I will take geology next semester.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 9:32 am

Another geologist in the making... drink lots of beer.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 2:15 pm

We need to save up money to have an OT monument built.

All gave some. Some gave all. OT. Never forget.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Today is the 68th anniversary of when the Air Force became it's own separate branch of the military.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 1:06 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Today is the 68th anniversary of when the Air Force became it's own separate branch of the military.

That's nice.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:29 pm

And here's ben to trash talk the military as always, only being passive aggressive this time. His hate for military is unwarranted.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
And here's ben to trash talk the military as always, only being passive aggressive this time. His hate for military is unwarranted.

I'm more just tired of talking about it with you.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:32 pm

I bring up one little factoid and ben's all "OH HERE YOU ARE, TALKING ABOUT THE MILITARY AGAIN. An intellectual superior such as myself would never join the military, that's for stupid people who can't go to college and get a real job. I'm ben"
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I bring up one little factoid and ben's all "OH HERE YOU ARE, TALKING ABOUT THE MILITARY AGAIN. An intellectual superior such as myself would never join the military, that's for stupid people who can't go to college and get a real job. I'm ben"

I've never said that. There is no reason to be upset.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:34 pm

You came in here to point out my one little factoid and try to belittle it. You're the instigator here.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Ben's the kinda nigga who spits on vietnam veterans as they return home. He just wasn't born early enough to actually do it.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:42 pm

I just don't like hearing about basic this, tech-school that. " everyone in the military are all heroes." that you say all the time.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:43 pm

No I don't, only as a joke. Don't twist my words just cuz the OT can see it.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
No I don't, only as a joke. Don't twist my words just cuz the OT can see it.

But you believe it to a degree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 17 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next