OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Go down 
+3
Burkman
Grimeth
Ban-Anad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Mass Effect: Andromeda Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:24 pm

Fuck all other games... we're goin' back bitches.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Scott wrote:

And then there's Fallout 4... I'm sorry, but ME lost me past 3...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

YOU ARE SHUNNED!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

YOU ARE SHUNNED!

You can't shun me! I'm like crabs that way...
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.

Just go in with the expectation your character will die in some heroic way... see problem solved. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.

Just go in with the expectation your character will die in some heroic way... see problem solved. OMG!

New character = less pain. That way, you're not worried about possible disappointing endings.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.

New character = less pain.  That way, you're not worried about possible disappointing endings.

The more I think about it now... when you play this new character... think about how awesome it will be to here about your Shepard was back in the day. I'm really excited to go on another journey... and exploration of a new galaxy is a large clean slate for them to work with. Also... I'm trying to find where I was reading it the other day... but they mentioned in an interview not to delete your old ME3 saves. Which leads me to think why. The devs stated that the character showcased in the new trailer was not the player character but another character in the new game. The mass speculation is that it's Shepard and whoever you romanced's child or descendant.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:40 am

Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.

New character = less pain.  That way, you're not worried about possible disappointing endings.

The more I think about it now... when you play this new character... think about how awesome it will be to here about your Shepard was back in the day. I'm really excited to go on another journey... and exploration of a new galaxy is a large clean slate for them to work with. Also... I'm trying to find where I was reading it the other day... but they mentioned in an interview not to delete your old ME3 saves. Which leads me to think why. The devs stated that the character showcased in the new trailer was not the player character but another character in the new game. The mass speculation is that it's Shepard and whoever you romanced's child or descendant.

All my saves are for 360. My guess is that they're going to do the same thing they did with Inquisition and create a website specifically so you can change what you did in the previous games for those who have a PS4 or Xbone systems.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Not sure if want.

I've been burned before.

All my saves are for 360.  My guess is that they're going to do the same thing they did with Inquisition and create a website specifically so you can change what you did in the previous games for those who have a PS4 or Xbone systems.

Didn't play Inquisition... but that does sound like a nifty idea. :D
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Q4 2016 is so far away.I hate you...

I feel like they are going have to make one of the endings canonical.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Again... they mentioned keeping your saves. Also... there's enough distance (both time and physicaly distance) between MEA and ME3 that they can easily leave things as vague as... "Oh yeah... Shepard's the guy that defeated the reapers isn't he?" *que different dialogue options*
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:40 pm

I look forward to romancing Ashley Williams, brought back via the Lazarus 2 project.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:19 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
I look forward to romancing Ashley Williams, brought back via the Lazarus 2 project.

You deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Burkman wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

You deserve it.

Haha icwutudidthar...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Again... they mentioned keeping your saves. Also... there's enough distance (both time and physicaly distance) between MEA and ME3 that they can easily leave things as vague as... "Oh yeah... Shepard's the guy that defeated the reapers isn't he?" *que different dialogue options*

Yeah but one of the endings gave everyone green glowing eyes and circuit boards.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:24 am

I'm so sold on it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:35 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Scott wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Yeah but one of the endings gave everyone green glowing eyes and circuit boards.

Well unless you wanted glowing green eyes and grafted circuit boards you shouldn't have chosen that ending. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 6:12 pm

A friend told me that they're making the Xbone backwards compatible.... haven't looked it up for myself since I'm way too lazy to... but if its true that may be how they'd do it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Well... as horrible as it sounds I'll likely get an Xbox One. With MEA I'll also have Halo 5, Titanfall, and FO4. All games I'd prefer to play on console (as I don't have a desktop).
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Scott wrote:
Well... as horrible as it sounds I'll likely get an Xbox One. With MEA I'll also have Halo 5, Titanfall, and FO4. All games I'd prefer to play on console (as I don't have a desktop).

I'll also probably be getting an Xbox One eventually. I don't even remember why everyone was so upset about it.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Scott wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but Titanfall was kinda shit.  Halo 5 would be nice, yeah, but other than that, Xbone has some pretty weak exclusives.  Sony really destroyed everybody else in their conference.  And I'm not talking about FF7, as I don't really care about that.  

Also, a lot of other games you'd want are multi-platform.  Nobody's going to judge you for jumping ship over to Sony.

P.S.

The controller's better, too.  (It changes colors!!) To me, it's a bit wider than the ps3 controller, but that's a good thing. It fits more comfortably in my hands than the ps3 controller does.

Love, Me.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:19 am

Yeah, gotta go PS4, bruh. Microsoft are a bunch of money-grubbers who can't wait to put all that DRM back on their consoles. They tried to pull it off before and they'll do it again but with more subtlety next time. I'm sure sony is basically the same but they at least have the decency to try to hide it. They aren't overtly greedy like ol' MS.

Also, I still feel burned by microsoft what with my 360 getting the RROD and the time I cancelled xbox live over the phone just to get charged when my subscription came up again. They did that on purpose... I'm 95% sure of it...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:21 am

A. Titanfall wasn't shit... I played it for several months with how addicting it was, and I'm one of the more picky FPSers. you
B. I'm not touching Sony. I've had enough issues with their hardware before (not just PSs). That and they're every bit as money-grubbing as Microsoft, that's not even an argument. :|
C. I've liked the Xbox controllers since Xbox original. Yes I've tried playing with a PS4 controller. And you're right it definitely feels fancier than previous ones, but I don't like the fit like I do xbone. I really want to try the steam controller for PC.
D. Exclusives have nothing to do with my decision... well... ok Halo is on the list, but there's hardly that many games I want for console at this time, and none of them are exclusive to PS4.
E. Contrary to what everyone else whines about I never had issues with my Xbox. :|
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 am

Scott wrote:
A. Titanfall wasn't shit... I played it for several months with how addicting it was, and I'm one of the more picky FPSers. you
B. I'm not touching Sony. I've had enough issues with their hardware before (not just PSs). That and they're every bit as money-grubbing as Microsoft, that's not even an argument. :|
C. I've liked the Xbox controllers since Xbox original. Yes I've tried playing with a PS4 controller. And you're right it definitely feels fancier than previous ones, but I don't like the fit like I do xbone. I really want to try the steam controller for PC.
D. Exclusives have nothing to do with my decision... well... ok Halo is on the list, but there's hardly that many games I want for console at this time, and none of them are exclusive to PS4.
E. Contrary to what everyone else whines about I never had issues with my Xbox. :|

Do want you want.  I'm just saying don't throw Sony under the bus as you always seem to do.  The PS4 is a solid system.

I never had problems with my Xbox, either.  So that's no reason to say "no" to Sony.  

Get your Xbone and wait til the PS4 drops in price and get that if you choose to do so.  Microsoft and Sony loyalist bullshit is stupid.  Just pick what feels right to you, man, not just because it's "Sony" or "Microsoft".  That's why I got a PS4 other than the exclusives.  The controller just a lot more comfortable in my hands than a Xbone controller. It's also very symmetrical. I'm a sucker for symmetry.

Note: I'm not insulting you or telling you what to do. Just do what you want. It's your money, I can't tell you how to spend it. Especially since you're significantly more financially stable than I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda   Mass Effect: Andromeda Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next