I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 

Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Aximand wrote:
As someone that grew up knowing a Muslim family, and seeing their outrage at Osama saying what he'd done was in the name of the whole Muslim world, I never developed the stigma towards them, when a guy that's got the full beard, Arabic accent and everything tells you that Osama was an infidel... well, it sticks.

I wish more people would have encounters like that. Open there eyes up a little bit.

"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aximand
Skilled Troller

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
As someone that grew up knowing a Muslim family, and seeing their outrage at Osama saying what he'd done was in the name of the whole Muslim world, I never developed the stigma towards them, when a guy that's got the full beard, Arabic accent and everything tells you that Osama was an infidel... well, it sticks.

I wish more people would have encounters like that. Open there eyes up a little bit.
I wish more people didn't need encounters like that. The American people, as awesome as they can be, are very quick to judge.

Lead me not into temptation, for I know the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Aximand wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:

I wish more people didn't need encounters like that. The American people, as awesome as they can be, are very quick to judge.

I was hoping an encounter like that they'd start to figure that part out and stop it.

"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aximand
Skilled Troller

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:

I was hoping an encounter like that they'd start to figure that part out and stop it.
Yea, well, go go racial profiling.

Lead me not into temptation, for I know the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 am

Americans need to get out of the country more...

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 10:26 am

Scott wrote:

Well, most don't see the need seeing how America is pretty big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Barbelith
Skilled Troller

Location : In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark dark cellar….

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 1:57 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
You: Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Me: Ok

You: Seriously he's gone!

Me: right you said already,

You: Don't you care!

Me: Not particularly,

You: WTF!

Me: Now that he's dead are the taxes going to go down?

You: What NO!

Me: While he was alive was the actual likelihood of him directly having a hand in my death any lower than me winning the lottery?

You: How the fuck should I know!

Me: I'll take that as a no.... Is he gonna come back from the dead as the overlord of the undead legion and bring about the Apocalypse?

You: LOL no

Me: Then why the fuck should I give a rats ass if some jumped up cave dwelling religious freak goes and gets himself killed.

/endthread
My entire family was in NYC on 9/11. My pre-school age sister had to be carried away from the smoke clouds when the towers fell. My Aunt worked in the AIG building across the street from the World Trade Center. I couldn't sleep at home that night because Manhattan was closed down.

I fucking care that he's dead. If you're an American, you should care as well.

I'm English, yes it is sad many people lost their lives. But Osama is one man who is mainly a figure head of the Taliban, his "generals" make most of the decisions. Will his death change much, probably not. The Taliban will flare up but to be honest the governments involved most likely won't destroy the taliban or other organisations like them. Their too segmented.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Scott wrote:

Well, most don't see the need seeing how America is pretty big.

That's the ego speaking...

Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Scott wrote:

Peru,England,Canada.
I've been out of the country plenty.

Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Causa wrote:
Scott wrote:

Peru,England,Canada.

I don't count Canada as being out of the country... seeing as I go there two-three times a year.

Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Scott wrote:
Causa wrote:
Scott wrote:

Peru,England,Canada.

I don't count Canada as being out of the country... seeing as I go there two-three times a year.

Yes I was going to say Canada did not count....but I didn't bother.
You were going to correct me any way. :tongue:

OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

Me: While he was alive was the actual likelihood of him directly having a hand in my death any lower than me winning the lottery?

Me: I'll take that as a no.... Is he gonna come back from the dead as the overlord of the undead legion and bring about the Apocalypse?

Me: Then why the fuck should I give a rats ass if some jumped up cave dwelling religious freak goes and gets himself killed.

/endthread
My entire family was in NYC on 9/11. My pre-school age sister had to be carried away from the smoke clouds when the towers fell. My Aunt worked in the AIG building across the street from the World Trade Center. I couldn't sleep at home that night because Manhattan was closed down.

I'm English, yes it is sad many people lost their lives. But Osama is one man who is mainly a figure head of the Taliban, his "generals" make most of the decisions. Will his death change much, probably not. The Taliban will flare up but to be honest the governments involved most likely won't destroy the taliban or other organisations like them. Their too segmented.
You lost any credibility to support an intellectual argument on this subject when you used Taliban interchangeably with Al-Qaeda.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Scott wrote:

Why? I've only been to England, yet I feel like I know the world well enough to make informed opinions. One of the informed opinions I make is to not generalize a population that I haven't met. More Americans should try it some time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

/endthread

You lost any credibility to support an intellectual argument on this subject when you used Taliban interchangeably with Al-Qaeda.

^I think you might have been looking for...

Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
meatlocker wrote:

not anymore.

Ahhh....it's funny because I also used it.

OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

/endthread

I needed him to know specifically why he was wrong though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

/endthread

I needed him to know specifically why he was wrong though.

My response was funnier...

Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Scott wrote:

And my response was more full of self superiority.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:05 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Scott wrote:

And my response was more full of self superiority.

Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller

Location : In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark dark cellar….

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Taliban/Al-qaeda= rag heads with RPGs

OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Taliban/Al-qaeda= rag heads with RPGs
Aaaaaand you win retard of the day award.

Congrats, I thought for sure you were gonna lose it but then you came back and nabbed it in a superb victory. Your reward is you now get to go buy stock on margin.

Run a long now child, the big boys are talking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Barbelith wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

/endthread

The Taliban and Al Qaeda are separate things.

Know your stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Tue May 03, 2011 6:23 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Know your stuff.
Apparently the English don't read very much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 am

PJsnaks wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Know your stuff.

I didn't realise one persons point represents the whole of England.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 am

Vaseline wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Know your stuff.

I didn't realise one persons point represents the whole of England.
I was shocked too but you learn something new everyday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!   Today at 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is DEADZ!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next