OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

All about Mass Effect 3!

Go down 
+6
MrEvilDude
Burkman
PJsnaks
CollaWars
Causa
TheErebus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheErebus
OT'er
TheErebus

All about Mass Effect 3! Empty
PostSubject: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, not everything, but there's a great deal of information here. I posted this in the TOR OT as well, so feel free to bump my thread. :D

Magazine cover art

High quality scans.

Quote :
The latest issue of Game Informer contains a ton of details about Mass Effect 3. The first round of information is beginning to trickle in, which you can read about below. We’ve also included a blurry scan/magazine image (via GameFAQs) from the issue.

- Game begins with Shepard on Earth
- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival
- Reapers invade while the trial is happening
- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- The Illusive Man plays a big role
- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Larger skill trees
- Powers will evolve several times, not just once
- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,
- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons
- Soldier can carry all weapons at once
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer

- Humans aren’t the only species that can be Husk-ified
- Despite the assault by the Reapers in the beginning of the game, there’s something that is a silver lining
- This silver lining makes it look like it’s actually possible not to lose against the Reapers
- The Illusive Man sends his top agents to take down Shepard
- Combat is more difficult and varied this time around
- More focus for melee attacks
- Shooting specific armor parts can have certain effects
- Enemy AI will have them routing Shepard and will coordinate with each other
- Larger battlefields
- Pick up enemy weapons
- Again, soldiers can carry all kinds of weapons
- RPG elements will be more integrated
- Modding your weapons will vastly affect their appearance
- Modding weapons also affects how they function in battle
- Species Loyalty cannot only be obtained via quests
- Ladders in levels
- Available squadmates will still maintain a balance, if per say Garrus had not survived ME2′s events
- Decisions in the first game will greatly impact Mass Effect 3 (such as sparring the Rachni)
- No railroad to the end of the game, multiple paths to take back Earth
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 pm

I hope the weapon system is like ME1.
how there where a lot.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:01 pm

TheErebus wrote:
Well, not everything, but there's a great deal of information here. I posted this in the TOR OT as well, so feel free to bump my thread. :D

Magazine cover art

High quality scans.

Quote :
The latest issue of Game Informer contains a ton of details about Mass Effect 3. The first round of information is beginning to trickle in, which you can read about below. We’ve also included a blurry scan/magazine image (via GameFAQs) from the issue.

- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- Enhanced RPG elements
- Larger skill trees
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer

- Despite the assault by the Reapers in the beginning of the game, there’s something that is a silver lining
- This silver lining makes it look like it’s actually possible not to lose against the Reapers
- Larger battlefields
- Pick up enemy weapons
- Ladders in levels
- Available squadmates will still maintain a balance, if per say Garrus had not survived ME2′s events
- Decisions in the first game will greatly impact Mass Effect 3 (such as sparring the Rachni)

Yeah bro, I saw this earlier of the ME forums.

I think that Rachni will be my buddies.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 pm

So I need to play Arrival to understand ME3? Wow way to be assholes Bioware
Back to top Go down
TheErebus
OT'er
TheErebus

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 pm

PJsnaks wrote:

Not really. It'll probably explain it. Besides, they did say that Arrival would bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.

You would need to play LoTSB to understand how Liara is the Shadow Broker. Don't see how that's any different.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 am

TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Not really. It'll probably explain it. Besides, they did say that Arrival would bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.

You would need to play LoTSB to understand how Liara is the Shadow Broker. Don't see how that's any different.
The difference is I didn't mind spending money on that one.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I might buy Arrival for the sake of actually owning every single DLC for ME2.
Back to top Go down
TheErebus
OT'er
TheErebus

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:42 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Do you own the PC version? just pirate it. But, really, it's only $7, which isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Do you own the PC version? just pirate it. But, really, it's only $7, which isn't that bad.
Yeah I own the PC version. I may pirate it just for the sake of protest like I did with Broken Steel for FO3
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Yeah I own the PC version. I may pirate it just for the sake of protest like I did with Broken Steel for FO3

Did Broken Steel had anything beside the new level cap?
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
TheErebus wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Did Broken Steel had anything beside the new level cap?
They made it so you could continue playing after the main quest was finished which is a MUST for me. I think it's bullshit when they don't do that. Besides it continued the storyline.
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 pm

TheErebus wrote:

Magazine cover art

High quality scans.

Quote :

- Enhanced RPG elements
- Larger skill trees
- Numerous endings
- No multiplayer

- Larger battlefields
- Pick up enemy weapons
- Ladders in levels

Wonder how the impact would be if the Keepers became indoctrinated. Think about it.

ALSO: can I keep my Cain? at least let me keep the Geth Particle Bea if I lose the Cain.
Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies
Daroska

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:

Wonder how the impact would be if the Keepers became indoctrinated. Think about it.

ALSO: can I keep my Cain? at least let me keep the Geth Particle Bea if I lose the Cain.

I think the long period between the reapers leaving and now has made the keepers immune to indoctrination.
In ME, Sovereign could have quickly indoctrinated the keepers like Harbringer did to the collectors, yet gameplay wise he did not.
He could have used the keepers instead of Saren to reach his goals if it were available I bet.
Back to top Go down
Kazanth
GD Member
Kazanth

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm

I can't wait to see what reason they cook up for TIM turning on my faithful pro-Cerberus Shepard.
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

So I just got DLC for ME2 (Shadow Broker/Arrival/Kasumi), and there amazing. Now b/c of this, I blew up an entire star system (mostly batarians), and Liara is the new Shadow Broker (which will be better if she's a squad member in ME3). I'm all worked up for ME3 now.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:28 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Picked up a copy of PC Gamer at the airport yesterday, dunno how much of this is already known by everyone

-Cerberus is sending units known as elites at Shepard. They have some sweet looking armor lol.
-Each class has it's own style of melee attack.
-All major characters from the last two games will be in it. (assuming they didn't die)
-"Tactical shooting" from ME2 will be more or less the same for ME3.
-Class skills will make or break how you fight. Unlike ME2 where just about any power or weapon got the job done eventually.
-Pull can now rip shields off opponents.
-There aren't as many waist high barriers to conveniently dive behind. Instead the ground is more tiered and you will want to get the high ground.
-Some enemies have rocket boots... making them travel faster.
-Veteran difficulty is now normal.
-Shepard has some sort of dodge or roll maneuver to avoid fire.
-Teamwork is a bigger part of taking down most opponents now.
-You start off with the Shepard you made in the last game, stats and all.
-Abilities and skills only diverge and become stronger, building off the abilities in ME2.
-There are some new abilities.
-Powers and abilities can now be combined. (IE: Concussive Shot and Cryo ammo)
-There are no weapon restrictions this time around, but classes have a set amount of weapons that can be carried. Sweet. Meaning you you can be a biotic with a sniper. ^_^
-Cerberus is your enemy (as you all already knew).
-Cerberus is working with the Reapers! The Illusive Man has gone more or less insane, like Saren did.
-We meet more Reaper ground troops.
-Human Husks were experiments of the Reapers. Husks are now also Krogen (fuck me), Rachni (sacks on them explode into several mini Rachni), and I have to quote this for you:
Quote :
Now we'll see they're other experiments. One is a hideously bloated pregnant Asari, her gums stripped away and a robot skeleton showing through her rotting flesh.
-There are more new husks, unnamed for now. Some bring the dead back to life or something to fight you.
-You need to resolve a lot of the wars/conflics across the galaxy in order to have them fight the Reapers. Geth/Quarians, Salarians/Krogen, Batarians/Turians, etc.
-Wrex will most likely not be an available crew member.
-You have no clue how to fight the Reapers. When you finally come up with a plan you will have to change it because your understanding of the Reapers changes.
-Like stated before all prominent characters that are alive from the previous games should make an appearance.
-Confirmed full-time members: Garrus, Liara, Kaiden/Ashely, and now Tali. YEEEAAAAAHHH!
-You do get a lot of old chars to fight along side you at some point, even if they aren't part of your crew.
-There are no new love interests in ME3. If you had a love interest in ME1 and then someone else in ME2 things will become heated. Whoever you were coupled with from the previous games will be crew members with the background story.
-There aren't loyalty missions, but crew is individually part of the wars/conflicts you have to stop.
-What you have to sacrifice to beat the Reapers increases in ME3.
-Again... all sorts of decisions you've made in the last two games greatly effect the outcome in ME3. Some that you wouldn't expect even.

I WANT IT NAO!!!

EDIT: Link to the scans...
http://jebelkrong.blogspot.com/2011/05/mass-effect-3-pc-gamer-scans.html
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Can't wait I bet my shepard will die righ out though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about Mass Effect 3!   All about Mass Effect 3! Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Mass Effect 3!
Page 1 of 1