OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)

Go down 
+18
Barbelith
JvS
Branch
MrEvilDude
Hypah
Jet
Daroska
Burkman
Mistress Morrigan
Ulyaoth
The Mortonator
Scott
Meatlocker
Boba
Yeet
Causa
Grimeth
Ban-Anad
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Empty
PostSubject: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Seeing how I seem to have won the last one...

1988 was the year 'The Killing Joke' was issued... I wanted 1940, the year Batman and Joker got their own comic, but the 40s aren't all that positively remembered...

Anywho... Have at it!

I really hope threads around here can go as far...
1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) 2Q==

Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Challenge_accepted_re_red_pancake_s400x300_128675_580_re_longest_post_on_sharenator_s400x300_1947941_draw_a_hamburger_with_your_eyes_closed-s400x300-278987-580
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Damn... I've been on 9gag a lot lately...
The only thing I've realized during that time is that I really, really want to get a cat... Too bad I live in a flat-share...
But why!?
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:13 pm

ZombieGrimeth wrote:
1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Challenge_accepted_re_red_pancake_s400x300_128675_580_re_longest_post_on_sharenator_s400x300_1947941_draw_a_hamburger_with_your_eyes_closed-s400x300-278987-580

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Untitle
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:25 pm

DJ GOT US FALLIN' IN LOVE AGAAAAAIN
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 pm

omfg i just died of a stroke
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Why does no one like a death in the family?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Meatlocker wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha...

It is the greatest batman comic of all time.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha...

It is the greatest batman comic of all time.

The greatest Batman comic is a wonderful old one I found once were the Joker pulls a boner and all of Gotham laughs at his boner. So, he decides to force the Batman into a boner, but before the main course he gives the Gotham P.D. a few boners of their own. Then, when he has the table set he pulled off forcing the Batman's boner. The titles the next day read, "Wrong-way Batman!" and "The Batman's Greatest Boner!" Yet, Batman turns it around by thanks to having earlier hit the library with Robin and researching the greatest boners.

I'm not joking. Trust me, the online scans aren't as good as the full comic. My favorite part is the prison scene. Auh
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
The greatest Batman comic is a wonderful old one I found once were the Joker pulls a boner and all of Gotham laughs at his boner. So, he decides to force the Batman into a boner, but before the main course he gives the Gotham P.D. a few boners of their own. Then, when he has the table set he pulled off forcing the Batman's boner. The titles the next day read, "Wrong-way Batman!" and "The Batman's Greatest Boner!" Yet, Batman turns it around by thanks to having earlier hit the library with Robin and researching the greatest boners.

I'm not joking. Trust me, the online scans aren't as good as the full comic. My favorite part is the prison scene. Auh

Bullshit!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

I had a dream last night. Me and this girl were in this mansion of sorts. I think it was haunted. I forget why we were there. Anyway, there was this double staircase that we climbed up. We had something to do, but I stopped to turn around and slide down the handrail... bannister... thing.

Anyway, she started doing it too. We climbed up these stairs like 6 times in this dream and slid back down. I remember doing it each time. It was getting kinda hot. I think we were both sweaty cuz she took off her clothes. I took off my shirt in the hopes of this going you-know-where. We slid down the handrail bannister thingamabob and then she started to run from me. But she was wearing a suit of armor now. I chased her and jumped after her. I grabbed onto the plates of armor she was wearing to pull her down. While this was happening, we were both talking very casually about TERA online, that new MMO. I think the grabbing her part was like a game we were playing. I don't remember it being hostile or anything. What with talking about an MMO as we did it.

Somehow, once she was on the ground, we were both back at the top of the stairs, about to slide back down. Her underwear was black, btw... black bra and panties. Felt I'd share that with you.

Anyway, it pretty much ended there. That's all I remember. Oh, the part about being sweaty... I woke up sweaty in the middle of the night. That's probably why we were sweaty in my dream.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord
Mistress Morrigan

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I had a dream last night. Me and this girl were in this mansion of sorts. I think it was haunted. I forget why we were there. Anyway, there was this double staircase that we climbed up. We had something to do, but I stopped to turn around and slide down the handrail... bannister... thing.

Anyway, she started doing it too. We climbed up these stairs like 6 times in this dream and slid back down. I remember doing it each time. It was getting kinda hot. I think we were both sweaty cuz she took off her clothes. I took off my shirt in the hopes of this going you-know-where. We slid down the handrail bannister thingamabob and then she started to run from me. But she was wearing a suit of armor now. I chased her and jumped after her. I grabbed onto the plates of armor she was wearing to pull her down. While this was happening, we were both talking very casually about TERA online, that new MMO. I think the grabbing her part was like a game we were playing. I don't remember it being hostile or anything. What with talking about an MMO as we did it.

Somehow, once she was on the ground, we were both back at the top of the stairs, about to slide back down. Her underwear was black, btw... black bra and panties. Felt I'd share that with you.

Anyway, it pretty much ended there. That's all I remember. Oh, the part about being sweaty... I woke up sweaty in the middle of the night. That's probably why we were sweaty in my dream.

I read this in the hopes the dream would get interesting....

Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Whenever you see an Uly post... assume it's a monologue.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord
Mistress Morrigan

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Scott wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Whenever you see an Uly post... assume it's a monologue.

I know, but sometimes they're funny.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey, the dream is symbolic. Just when I think a girl is letting herself be vulnerable and open with me, I realize she's really armored herself and is running away from me.

The chasing and grabbing part... I... I'm not violent... I'm not... I... I was just desperate for her not to get away, I think that's the metaphor here! I chase after them for longer than I should!
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Hey, the dream is symbolic. Just when I think a girl is letting herself be vulnerable and open with me, I realize she's really armored herself and is running away from me.

The chasing and grabbing part... I... I'm not violent... I'm not... I... I was just desperate for her not to get away, I think that's the metaphor here! I chase after them for longer than I should!

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Tumblr_lt17mjlXXr1qbdppl
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I gotta get ready for work in a couple hours... and I'm sleepy... and I don't wanna go. I'm also still a little sick. I just want to go to sleep and wake up on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 pm

How painful do you think it is to die from liver failure? If you took a bunch of acetaminophen and some sleeping pills, do you think you'd fall asleep and die peacefully from liver failure in your sleep?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
How painful do you think it is to die from liver failure? If you took a bunch of acetaminophen and some sleeping pills, do you think you'd fall asleep and die peacefully from liver failure in your sleep?

I'd take a couple shots of tequila with it... just to be sure. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:

You're not contemplating suicide again, are you?

Look... Whatever I might have or will say... Know that I don't think yours or any other life is meaningless... Whatever reason you might have... It's not worth it... It's OK to have past the Denial stage, but giving in to Depression is not really the option you're looking for... Just accept it. What's done is done. It's in the past. You can't change but you can start fresh.

Your problem is social encounters. That's probably because you're too self-conscious. Let go. It doesn't matter what other people think of you. That's why they're called other people. You're your own peer. There's only one person you need ever answer to and that person is you. Not 'them', not 'Him-All-Mighty' (or whatever).

Since you just got a new job, this is the perfect time to make a new image of yourself. Start dressing smart (I mean good- shirt, pants, fancy shoes; try getting glasses). Like this guy:
1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) 31177_1355116491070_1626185730_818358_4479121_n

This is me with one of my best high school friends (I'm in black). He's been with his girlfriend for near three (maybe actually more) years now. They got together around the same time as me and my ex. I consider him one of the coolest people I know.

I don't know how much you weigh or anything, but lose some weigh if you feel over. Start doing regular workouts. Even swimming if you're into it. It helped me get into shape and develop a well-formed body. No, I know I'm not some muscular son-of-a-bitch, but you don't need that. All you need is a well-formed body, not an excess of muscle fiber- a common misconception. Add the possible friend/acquaintance or two you're gonna meet at the gym/pool/whatever and we're already on the right track.

Don't be afraid to open up with a joke. Now, I'm not saying you gotta be everyone's favorite uncle (less so, knowing the 'little secrets' those kinds of uncles usually have...). Look at things a little more comically. Try to look happy most of the time and don't be afraid of other people getting in your personal space. They're gonna leave without you chasing them with the fly-swatter. They just wanna be friendly. It's a common human drive. We are herd animals. We need the approval of others to feel fulfilled.

Be a friend. Don't be afraid to get in other people's business if you can clearly see they need the help. But don't, unless you're completely certain they need it. Otherwise you might be looking at another harassment claim...

Look... All I'm trying to say is that you need to become a bit more open and a lot less loner-y... Just relax. People don't bite... Stop caring about what others think of you. It's probably not that bad anyways...

Last edited by The Joker on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

BananaDealer, he's clearly trying to pull your leg with his lies.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Reverend Burkman wrote:
BananaDealer, he's clearly trying to pull your leg with his lies.

1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Inception_LeoSquint
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Banana looks like he is gonna punch someone for not going to a meeting!

OH SHIT!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm

ZombieGrimeth wrote:
Banana looks like he is gonna punch someone for not going to a meeting!

OH SHIT!

Lolwut? When have I ever done that? Well... Except those two times I've told you about... But that was different!

Shut up!
you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)   1988th One to Post  Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

1988th One to Post Wins: The Killing Joke! (998th person to post in second thread)
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next