OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Favorite superheroes/villians

Go down 
+9
Burkman
GSG
CollaWars
Callin
The Mortonator
Scott
Branch
Ban-Anad
Yeet
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:
Let's not forget the all mighty Spider Sense. All of those precise attacks by Bats will be caught by Peter in time. Unless, they're fighting in a perfect cube with no windows, Spidey will use the enviroment against Batman. Batman does to, but I've seen more examples from Spidey. Batman usually depends on his belt.

I didn't. Again, Batgas would be the obvious answer. Besides which Batman has actually won against a Time Traveler that was predicting his every attack. This actually has it's basis in a real technique where you strike at completely random depending on reflexive circumstances. Sorry Spidey, Batman can predict you too and he has a trick for hitting precogs. Even ones that know far better than Spider-man exactly where he is supposed to strike because they lived it.

Scott wrote:
The point was Batman's "geniousness" wont be a factor in their fight (not that his villains were worse). And no... I'm sorry... batman is not more agile or faster than spiderman. He's simply not.

Batman's bigger brains is an edge. Just cause Spidey fights smart people a lot doesn't make him immune. And yes, Spidey is faster on a treadmill, but both of them use the same technique to travel and Batman has more options while swinging.

Lets say they just met. How does Bats know that his batgas is exactly what is needed? Spider sense doesnt predict. Its an instict that warns Spidey of danger. In the animated series, Black Cat tackled Spidey without his senses going off, because she was being.. er... playful...

And even if the batgas works. Venom can attack Spidey without the senses going off. Venom is nearly Spidey's equal only better. Stronger, quicker, and considering the symboid is extraterrestrial, I'd guess smarter. He knows Spidey perfectly, yet Spidey beats him everytime.

Batman would know because he's smart. He could work out that an AOE to dumb the Spider-brain down is what is needed. Spidey beats Vemon using his brains and tricks to pull off a Batman Gambit. Seriously, almost all his wins against stronger opponents are Batman Gambits, the Tropes Page even points that out. And who is the master of the Batman Gambit? (You only get one guess.)
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:
Let's not forget the all mighty Spider Sense. All of those precise attacks by Bats will be caught by Peter in time. Unless, they're fighting in a perfect cube with no windows, Spidey will use the enviroment against Batman. Batman does to, but I've seen more examples from Spidey. Batman usually depends on his belt.

I didn't. Again, Batgas would be the obvious answer. Besides which Batman has actually won against a Time Traveler that was predicting his every attack. This actually has it's basis in a real technique where you strike at completely random depending on reflexive circumstances. Sorry Spidey, Batman can predict you too and he has a trick for hitting precogs. Even ones that know far better than Spider-man exactly where he is supposed to strike because they lived it.

Scott wrote:
The point was Batman's "geniousness" wont be a factor in their fight (not that his villains were worse). And no... I'm sorry... batman is not more agile or faster than spiderman. He's simply not.

Batman's bigger brains is an edge. Just cause Spidey fights smart people a lot doesn't make him immune. And yes, Spidey is faster on a treadmill, but both of them use the same technique to travel and Batman has more options while swinging.

Ok... I want to know why you think batman is smarter. Peter Parker wasn't an idiot himself.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:21 pm

what all of you are forgetting is the age old adage about Good always triumphing over Evil.

so if they are both on the side of good then the fight will be to a stand still. see Thor and Hulk fights.

if one turns evil the other will defeat him. its pre written.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Callin wrote:
what all of you are forgetting is the age old adage about Good always triumphing over Evil.

so if they are both on the side of good then the fight will be to a stand still. see Thor and Hulk fights.

Batman died in one comic.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Kenny Powers wrote:
Callin wrote:

uh huh i know... but is he dead now? no. yes specific story lines will cross the line and fuck up the status quo but its not the norm... and its usually with very very very good reason.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Callin wrote:
Kenny Powers wrote:
Callin wrote:

uh huh i know... but is he dead now? no. yes specific story lines will cross the line and fuck up the status quo but its not the norm... and its usually with very very very good reason.

no...just no
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:50 pm

see thats a long ass list of dead toons brought back to life
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Spider-man wasn't in that list mwahahahaz
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Spiderman-meme-generator-there-appears-to-be-a-spiderman-thread-9997a2.png?1313844358
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Attachment
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Scott wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:

Scott wrote:

Ok... I want to know why you think batman is smarter. Peter Parker wasn't an idiot himself.

He wasn't an idiot, but this is Batman we are talking about, World's Greatest Detective, a greater inventor than Iron Man, the greatest strategist in a League with Super-smart beings, and so on. Peter Parker is a genius, but Batman is still far smarter than most geniuses.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Scott wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:

He wasn't an idiot, but this is Batman we are talking about, World's Greatest Detective, a greater inventor than Iron Man, the greatest strategist in a League with Super-smart beings, and so on. Peter Parker is a genius, but Batman is still far smarter than most geniuses.

Woah woah woah woah... woah... no... Batman makes gadgets and cars. Iron Man makes suits of armer that can challenge Norse Gods and insane green monsters. Iron Man > Batman
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Scott wrote:

Woah woah woah woah... woah... no... Batman makes gadgets and cars. Iron Man makes suits of armer that can challenge Norse gods and insane green monsters. Iron Man > Batman

You haven't seen the anti-Bane suit have you? Say whaaa? You wanna talk about challenging strong beings, forget a jet with fist try having a Batplane with fists. I take it you might know Batman Beyond, right? That Batsuit is basically a light weight version of the original for taking down Bane. It's features are well beyond the Iron Man armor.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:26 pm

The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:

Woah woah woah woah... woah... no... Batman makes gadgets and cars. Iron Man makes suits of armer that can challenge Norse gods and insane green monsters. Iron Man > Batman

You haven't seen the anti-Bane suit have you? Say whaaa? You wanna talk about challenging strong beings, forget a jet with fist try having a Batplane with fists. I take it you might know Batman Beyond, right? That Batsuit is basically a light weight version of the original for taking down Bane. It's features are well beyond the Iron Man armor.

Did I forget to type Norse Gods? NORSE FUCKING GODS

And the Hulk would destroy Bane. Have you seen his list of powers?

Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, & durability, Immunity to diseases & viruses, Involuntary transformation, Regenerative healing factor, Resistance to mind control, Underwater breathing, Vast leaping

For Hulk....

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Im_hulkbuster2
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Branch wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
Branch wrote:

Did I forget to type Norse Gods? NORSE FUCKING GODS

And the Hulk would destroy Bane. Have you seen his list of powers?

Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, & durability, Immunity to diseases & viruses, Involuntary transformation, Regenerative healing factor, Resistance to mind control, Underwater breathing, Vast leaping

For Hulk....

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Im_hulkbuster2

You forgot that Hulk can see dead people. (Not to mention that Bane has most of those powers at weaker extent, but is still considered a Genius even in his beast mode.)

And also, you are forgetting that [blank] VS. Hulk has a tenancy to end badly for the one fighting Hulk. That typically includes Iron Man. I'm just pointing out, Batman has made a suits that are better than Iron Man's.

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Batman-9-bat-iron-man

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 2487967287_3

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Batmech

The middle is the best example. I believe the other two are early designs more comparable to the original primitive Iron Man Armor. The middle one has big cannons, flies, and still has all the gadgets of the Utility Belt. EDIT: I was wrong, the last one is a much latter and more powerful suit.

Thing is, Batman just likes fighting gods in his underwear.

Last edited by The Mortonator on Tue May 29, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:19 am

Iron Man > Batman that's not opinion... that's fact.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:28 am

Scott wrote:
Iron Man > Batman that's not opinion... that's fact.

Say whaaa?

Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 280px-JLsatellite2
Back to top Go down
GSG
Aqua Panther
GSG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:16 am

Dr Who, Spiderman, hulk, wolverine and Guttsu
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:58 am

The Sentry/The Void, Taskmaster, Luke Cage.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

That one DC superhero who ended up banging his twin sister.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:13 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

Nein...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:19 am

Hulk gets stronger as he gets madder. Bane would have to end it at the begining to win. Which he can't.

Tony Stark built a suit in a cave as he was being held by terrorists. And then used said suit to escape. Batman's belt could pretty much equal Hawkeye's arrows. Gas, check. Explosives, check. Sharp things, check.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:22 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

I can't believe you havent mentioned the Luke and Leia incidents once yet yeah
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:23 am

Sorry, turns out he was marvel. Quicksilver bangs his twin sister Scarlet Witch in the "Ultimate Marvel" version of him.

*casts vote for Quicksilver*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite superheroes/villians   Favorite superheroes/villians - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite superheroes/villians
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next