OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.   Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Topics for discussion in serious manner.

The Mushroom War.

We know from the Storyteller that Ooo is missing a large portion (possibly due to a nuclear explosion hence the name Great Mushroom War,) but there is also a theory that the war was against aliens.

In Death In Bloom several UFO related paraphernalia is seen:

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Dead3

The Flying Saucer in the center of the above image hints to the possibility that the Mushroom War was fought against an invading space faring race. Though the race could have been humans who had discovered space travel. Either way it appears they forced many of the humans underground as most relics of pre-Mushroom War civilization is in underground areas such as the city under the sea in Ocean of Fear.

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Ocean_of_fear%2C_dead_people

While Pendelton Ward has stated he will never directly address the Mushroom War directly in the show he has started to stray away from this with more and more plot points addressing the Lich after Mortal Folly and Mortal Recoil.

So is it possible for the space faring race that attacked Earth and turned it into Ooo will make a return or even that some of the members are still alive and hiding underground like the tribe of Hyoomen Tribe?

Ice King and Marceline.

Are they related?

Before you tell me I am crazy just take a quick look at the two.

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Tumblr_lvsdwzU6kx1qeb6u7o1_500

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Tumblr_loymukhCjR1qzrbk9o1_1280

They both were alive a thousand years ago and have stayed relatively close together yet never came in contact with one another. Also they looked similar and could have been mutated by the same blast. Only the Ice king's coming later during the onset of Nuclear Winter.

The Ice King is aware of Marceline and her problems with her father as he sings the Fry Song in Holly Jolly Secrets Part 1, this doesn't really prove how much they know about each other though.

Hudson Abadeer and the Ice King share similar traits, (both abuse their minions, both have the same skin tone, both have poor relationships with women etc.). While the Ice King is apparently from Scandinavian and Huson Abadeer is from North America as seen in Memory of a Memory and Marceline's refrigerator magnets:

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Touristmagnets

Also Marceline is the only royalty the Ice King has not kidnapped. She is Marceline the Vampire Queen it seems strange that he would leave her alone.

So what do you guys think are the Ice King and Marceline the Vampire Queen related?

Ice King and Dr. Princess M.D.

Another interesting fact is that the Ice King's former fiance Betty is strikingly similar to Doctor Princess M.D., though it has been confirmed that Ice King's love of princess snatching is due to him calling his fiancee princess is it also possible that he his searching for his fiancee? After all Docttor Princess M.D. was the only princess not to have any of her body disfigured and only her heart taken. The same heart that may have loved the Ice King.

Dr. Princess also is the only person interested in the Ice king's past asking him how he his wife died and receiving a nonsensical answer. That is of course before the Ice King kidnapped her.

Side by Side comparison of Betty and Doctor Princess M.D.

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. BettySerious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Doctor_Princess

Finn's Parents

Jake's parents, Joshua and Margaret found Finn laying on a leaf crying with no evidence as to what happened to his parents. Finn had been left alone long enough to have soiled himself which caused him to become stuck to the leaf. Also had Joshua and Margaret found any dead bodies they would have acted differently around the child. Finn could either be abandon or his parents died nearby.

The Ice King often refers to Finn and Jake as his children, (especially in the episode Princess Monster Wife) but this could just be do to his insanity.

Susan Strong is the only other human in Ooo but has lived underground for most of her life. She is an unlikely canidate as Finn's mother for this reason.

Most likely Finn's parents are living along with Ash's Dad in Mandyville.

TL;DR This thread is SRZ BEANS on Adventure Time.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.   Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 pm

I doubt that the Ice King and Marceline are related. And the reason why the Ice King hasn't attempted to kidnap her is probably because she's a freaking powerful vampire. Sure, Ice King has strong ice powers, but no match for Marceline.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.   Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 am

Burkman wrote:
I doubt that the Ice King and Marceline are related. And the reason why the Ice King hasn't attempted to kidnap her is probably because she's a freaking powerful vampire. Sure, Ice King has strong ice powers, but no match for Marceline.

Not related as in relatives just connected in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.   Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious Adventure Time Discussion Thread.
Page 1 of 1