OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Alan Wake Franchise EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Alan Wake Franchise EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Alan Wake Franchise

Go down 
+2
Ban-Anad
Burkman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

Alan Wake Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Yeah, as some of you know, I spent the last couple of day playing the shit out of them. The first Alan Wake's replayability is questionable unless you want to go back and get all of the collectables. Other than that, it's a fantastic and fantastically written game if you like that meta-story thing.

American Nightmare has improved a bit on the game by adding new and really good guns and shit. Flashbang grenades aren't as affective as in the first game, but that's balancing considering how insta-kill they were in the first game. Anyways, the story is really good in this one, too. With the time loop and everything. Unless you get tired of looking at the same places 3 times each. Other than that, the game is REALLY fun and interesting.

With the addition of the Arcade Survival mode, it makes the replayability much higher considering you can unlock other maps by getting good ranks on the maps.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:25 pm

I wonder whether I should get it, but at the same time I'm afraid I'm gonna be too scared to get through it... Like Dead Space was when it came out... I needed a fucking play-buddy for it...
Yeah, I'm a big fucking whimp...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 pm

It's not that scary. It can get hard, though.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
It's not that scary. It can get hard, though.

Does it have like... Panic-y moments... Like with Dead Space & DS2 where a bunch of things jump at you from all directions... It's that that really gets to me... I don't like games that play around with dark and closed spaces too much...
It's not that I'm too scared of it, on the contrary- I liked how DS made me jump off my seat at times... It's getting my shit together and reacting to the situation that's frustrating...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 pm

There's quite a few of those panic moments. Like, if you're low on ammo, surrounded by enemies and have no flares or flashbang grenades, your only option is to run, which that in itself is difficult because of the fact that Alan so terribly out of shape. You gotta take advantage of those evading moves that the game allows you to do.

In American Nightmare, Alan can sprint much longer. And this time around, the new guns are freaking beast. My weapons of choice? The Magnum (20 manuscript pages) and the Combat Shotgun (40 pages)

Another weapon to use when you're terribly out numbered and close to death is the flare gun, so always save the flare gun for desperate moments.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
There's quite a few of those panic moments. Like, if you're low on ammo, surrounded by enemies and have no flares or flashbang grenades, your only option is to run, which that in itself is difficult because of the fact that Alan so terribly out of shape. You gotta take advantage of those evading moves that the game allows you to do.

In American Nightmare, Alan can sprint much longer. And this time around, the new guns are freaking beast. My weapons of choice? The Magnum (20 manuscript pages) and the Combat Shotgun (40 pages)

Another weapon to use when you're terribly out numbered and close to death is the flare gun, so always save the flare gun for desperate moments.

Dammit... You're making me want to get it...
Alan Wake Franchise 2238782717
I hate it when you do that...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:

Smartass

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:

Smartass

You're welcome.

Damn you! I don't have the money to be wasting right now!
[Gollum episode here]
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:

Smartass

You're welcome.

[Gollum episode here]

But it haz cool soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:

Smartass

You're welcome.

[Gollum episode here]

Don't make this harder!
*Ripped apart*
Raaaawr!
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Mr. Burk wrote:

Smartass

You're welcome.

[Gollum episode here]

Don't make this harder!
*Ripped apart*
Raaaawr!

Sorry about that anus of yours. I just really wanted you to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Grimeth's kind soul gifted me the Alan Wake Franchise. Downloading tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:25 pm

I hate all of you...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Wilbz wrote:
Grimeth's kind soul gifted me the Alan Wake Franchise. Downloading tonight.

Unless you have a beast computer, it's recommended that you play on lower settings, because this game does NOT like my computer. FPS is weird on higher graphic settings. Then again, it even has fps problems on beast computers.

Also, it could be a possibility that your fps gets worse if you play it a fuck load of time. My computer was freaking burning hot when I completed American Nightmare. I suggest you close all other programs when running these games.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Banana should play slender. Also, amnesia.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Banana should play slender. Also, amnesia.

Fuck no. I've seen the videos...
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
I wonder whether I should get it, but at the same time I'm afraid I'm gonna be too scared to get through it... Like Dead Space was when it came out... I needed a fucking play-buddy for it...
Yeah, I'm a big fucking whimp...

Dead Space? Scary? My only problem with it is playing it at night, then having to go to sleep after playing it..... :X

Anyway, I was looking at the Alan Wake wiki and other things. It looks pretty interesting, definitely not your standard game.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 am

Causa wrote:

Dead Space? Scary? My only problem with it is playing it at night, then having to go to sleep after playing it..... :X

That's what I meant by scary...
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Causa wrote:

Well, I'm sure we can both agree that it definitely has some startling moments. But imo you'll get used to after a few hours of playing.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 am

Causa wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Causa wrote:

Well, I'm sure we can both agree that it definitely has some startling moments. But imo you'll get used to after a few hours of playing.

Yeah, I did get used to it by the 3/4 mark... DS2 was better... While I got used to it's scary moments, it still managed to jerk me off my happy place... Especially when there's a pack of them running things... Those are perhaps my favorite morphs...

Anyways, Alan Wake looks good so far...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 am

That bastard grimeth won't even play amnesia past the first part and like... nothing scary even happens! Don't be grimeth, banana... play amnesia...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
That bastard grimeth won't even play amnesia past the first part and like... nothing scary even happens! Don't be grimeth, banana... play amnesia...

I'll play Amnesia when you find yourself a girlfriend... Seems only fair- one horror for another...
Say whaaa?
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

I'll play Amnesia when you find yourself a girlfriend... Seems only fair- one horror for another...
Say whaaa?

Amnesia is pure terror.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake Franchise   Alan Wake Franchise Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake Franchise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: