OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

L12PW: How I met your Zumbie

Go down 
+13
CollaWars
NotGiantSpiderGoat
Yeet
Branch
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ulyaoth
Callin
Causa
Boba
JvS
Ban-Anad
Meatlocker
Scott
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 pm

I heard voter turnout was lower this year than the past two presidential elections. Peculiar, as I thought the obama romney election was the most br00tal one yet. Apparently only around 57% of eligible voters voted. 2008 was sort of a high point and it was only 62%.

I wonder why only about half of people vote. I also wonder what would've happened if everyone HAD to vote.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

I had a very odd thought earlier. I keep hearing people say for Obama haters to shut up and that the majority of America voted for him as shown in the popular vote. HOWEVER that does not take into account those who vote 3rd party or Mickey Mouse. SO I say to those who say that the Majority of Voters wanted Obama in office, I say NOPE. You are wrong. The majority of voters wanted him out of office.

Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Callin wrote:
I had a very odd thought earlier. I keep hearing people say for Obama haters to shut up and that the majority of America voted for him as shown in the popular vote. HOWEVER that does not take into account those who vote 3rd party or Mickey Mouse. SO I say to those who say that the Majority of Voters wanted Obama in office, I say NOPE. You are wrong. The majority of voters wanted him out of office.

No because there were not that many third party votes.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Callin wrote:

can you show me the statistics because im looking now and i cant find squat. last i had heard 3rd party got a couple %.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Callin wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Callin wrote:

can you show me the statistics because im looking now and i cant find squat. last i had heard 3rd party got a couple %.

They get 2%, Romney got 48%, and Obama got 50%, still a majority.

http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

Edit: Also that is without florida.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Callin wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

with that the case we are both wrong.

50% against = 50% for. so we are split right down the middle.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Callin wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Callin wrote:

with that the case we are both wrong.

50% against = 50% for. so we are split right down the middle.

Except Florida will change it up more. And 2% was also voting against Romney. Also the percentages are rounded so by numbers Obama is still ahead.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I heard voter turnout was lower this year than the past two presidential elections. Peculiar, as I thought the obama romney election was the most br00tal one yet. Apparently only around 57% of eligible voters voted. 2008 was sort of a high point and it was only 62%.

I wonder why only about half of people vote. I also wonder what would've happened if everyone HAD to vote.

57%? I heard it was in the 70s?
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:16 pm

I was briefly trained on how to use the registers today. I got sort of the crash course and then left alone for a bit and rung a couple people up. I WASN'T REALLY SURE HOW TO DO ANYTHING! Oh, it was awful... when I was told I was gonna be trained to do it... the first thing I thought was about how I would tell the OT about it. >_>

She was all, "you could go up to one of the registers if you like and start ringing up more customers" and inside I'm like "what... WHAT?! I don't know how to do anything! I was winging it last time! I didn't know up from down or left from right, it just all sorta worked out in the end. I CAN'T... I CAN'T DO THIS!"

But I said "oh, really? On my own?" and she was all "yeah" but then I looked at my watch and realized I had 3 minutes left in my shift. I think the real reason they're letting me do anything is because they want me to work the registers on black friday. THAT AIN'T COOL, MAN... I'M NOT READY FOR THAT!!

It was very nerve-wracking. The customers could tell I didn't know what I was doing. They didn't like that... not one bit... oh, I told 'em "bear with me, I'm totally new at this" but that did not quell the burning anger I felt emanating from within them.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I was briefly trained on how to use the registers today. I got sort of the crash course and then left alone for a bit and rung a couple people up. I WASN'T REALLY SURE HOW TO DO ANYTHING! Oh, it was awful... when I was told I was gonna be trained to do it... the first thing I thought was about how I would tell the OT about it. >_>

She was all, "you could go up to one of the registers if you like and start ringing up more customers" and inside I'm like "what... WHAT?! I don't know how to do anything! I was winging it last time! I didn't know up from down or left from right, it just all sorta worked out in the end. I CAN'T... I CAN'T DO THIS!"

But I said "oh, really? On my own?" and she was all "yeah" but then I looked at my watch and realized I had 3 minutes left in my shift. I think the real reason they're letting me do anything is because they want me to work the registers on black friday. THAT AIN'T COOL, MAN... I'M NOT READY FOR THAT!!

It was very nerve-wracking. The customers could tell I didn't know what I was doing. They didn't like that... not one bit... oh, I told 'em "bear with me, I'm totally new at this" but that did not quell the burning anger I felt emanating from within them.

Understand this. If they put you on the register on Black Friday they are fucking retarded. You do not put someone on the register who does not know how to work it on the busiest most hectic nerve wracking day. People have little patience as is when shopping. They have NONE on Black Friday.

You would end up being fired. Do not do it.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 pm

B-but callin... if I say I can't work that day, they'll be mad at me...

It seems to me they have a very.... I-don't-care attitude when it comes to training people. They give you bare bones knowledge and sometimes not even that and have you do shit on your own. I think they just hope you'll learn it on your own as you go.

I've been there 2 years and I'll still occasionally learn something that has been set in stone since I started working there but never explained to me. Like our price adjustment policy, where if you return something within 2 weeks and find out it's on sale for less than when you bought it, they'll give you the difference back in cash moneyz. A customer asked me a question about whether we do that or not and I had no idea what we do about it... later found out we've been doing that since the stone age, errybody knows that. Well, uly didn't know...

I feel sorry for some of the new people they're hiring for the holidays, they sometimes ask me a question that they SHOULD have known, something basic. But they don't know, cuz nobody told them. I try to give people random bits of helpful info I've learned over time, but it's not enough for these poor souls. We're all lost in that store...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:

It seems to me they have a very.... I-don't-care attitude when it comes to training people. They give you bare bones knowledge and sometimes not even that and have you do shit on your own. I think they just hope you'll learn it on your own as you go.

I've been there 2 years and I'll still occasionally learn something that has been set in stone since I started working there but never explained to me. Like our price adjustment policy, where if you return something within 2 weeks and find out it's on sale for less than when you bought it, they'll give you the difference back in cash moneyz. A customer asked me a question about whether we do that or not and I had no idea what we do about it... later found out we've been doing that since the stone age, errybody knows that. Well, uly didn't know...

I feel sorry for some of the new people they're hiring for the holidays, they sometimes ask me a question that they SHOULD have known, something basic. But they don't know, cuz nobody told them. I try to give people random bits of helpful info I've learned over time, but it's not enough for these poor souls. We're all lost in that store...

I believe I gave you a way out of this...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:

You know Romney had a plan for 12 million new jobs....
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 pm

So I cut myself shaving the other day. Yeeeaaa....
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 am

Branch wrote:

How did that just make me feel old, I feel like I should now have a kid move to the suburbs starting voting right wing and become an alcoholic.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Branch wrote:

How did that just make me feel old, I feel like I should now have a kid move to the suburbs starting voting right wing and become an alcoholic.

yeah
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 am

Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Branch wrote:

yeah

Not that I know anyone who does that.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 am

Branch wrote:

Branch, how many times have we talked about this? You first need to start growing facial hair in order to be able to shave...
L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:40 am

lmao the new South Park...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

Branch, how many times have we talked about this? You first need to start growing facial hair in order to be able to shave...

you

You to,Buddy.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 am

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

you

You to,Buddy.

Its ok B. I am 31 and I cant grow decent facial hair either. I hate you...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:53 am

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

you

You to,Buddy.

Also, it's no-shave November, bitch...
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am

So today, happens to be, my birthday. Also, sorry for not posting lately, yet again.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

you

You to,Buddy.

Also, it's no-shave November, bitch...

I get sent to in school suspension if I dont shave. Bitch. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: How I met your Zumbie   L12PW: How I met your Zumbie - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

L12PW: How I met your Zumbie
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next