OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
War of the OT (trying again) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
War of the OT (trying again) EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

War of the OT (trying again)

Go down 
+4
Burkman
PJsnaks
Ban-Anad
Branch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

War of the OT (trying again) Empty
PostSubject: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm

War of the OT

PLEASE NOTE: This is the first attempt. I do not know if the economics makes it too easy or too hard to keep a stable country. We’ll try to continue the game and if it doesn’t work out then we’ll adjust the game a bit and then retry it.

For people that don’t want to read much: This isn’t really a “war” game, but more of a diplomacy game. You rule your nation and try to rack up a good economy as well as protect your nation from any enemies you may have.

Storyline (not gonna be descripitive):
The date is December 21, 1799 AD. All past governments fought a terrible war and then left everything in shambles. Finally, leaders round up civilians and restart the world governments. Will this mark the beginning of peace? Or yet another global war?

(I know its shit, but it’s good enough.)

Setting up the Game
Now don’t be scared! There will be a template. Please either fill it out or just post your answers. They must be on the forums somewhere. No Steam (sorry).

The first territory will be your capitol. You can only choose another 3 territories once 2 other people have chosen theirs. I’m debating whether we go until all territories are claimed, or have a set limit of territories and then allow people to just take over areas that are neutral.

First Come, First Serve

Note: You can have your territories non-adjacent. But it’s better for them to be close. If you think you know what you’re doing then have at it.

Template
Spoiler:

Economy
(Idea brutally stolen from Ban)
Each country starts with 100 National GDP per 4 turns (1 year) attached to its nation, meaning your Total income cannot drop below 100, unless you lose your home country (GDP would be the least of your worries).
Each player also has 3 Economic Sliders to fiddle with. These determine how much of your Total GDP goes to something other than your treasury. The sliders are as follows:

Military:
Spoiler:

Technology:
Spoiler:

Domestic Slider/Raising Popularity:
Spoiler:

Treasury
Spoiler:

Cities
Spoiler:

Population Growth
Spoiler:

End Game
I think it goes without saying that the game ends if one nation (or two or three if they’re just obviously not going to fight eachother) rules the entire map. I’m sure everyone wants to see us reach Mars and stuff. That’d be pretty awesome, but we just have to see how the game rolls.

Role-Playing
So there’s room for RPing. You can choose your name, color, religion, economic structure, military recruiting (this actually affects war), allies, enemies and you can create a global community (UN type). I tried to make this game as real as possible. We can add our own little shenanigans to it but the gameplay should feel real-ish.

The thing I wasn’t sure about was resources. It seemed like a restriction on trading. I have a way to incorporate it with GDP but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

And you don’t have to RP. Just say a few things like what you’re doing and shit.

Player Hiatus'
Should a person be leaving for a long time then a treaty involving all nations will be signed to not attack or interact with this nation. Also, the nation’s economy will freeze. No taking shitloads of money over your absence. OR the player may lend someone their country for the time they are gone or just completely give up their country.

Should the person be absent when another nation has destroyed all other nations, then the game ends. If a person leaves when there’s only two nations left then the other person is the victor.

Threads
First we’ll have the main sign up thread (this one) that will be in the OT. Then when we start we will have an Events, Nation and RP thread. The Events thread will be the actual game part (wars and updates on the year). The Nation thread will hardly ever have new posts. It will keep track of Money, Cities, number of territories. Anything about the nation. The RP thread will be just general RP where you trade and such.

(more to come)
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

War

Declaring War is simple. Simply say you declare war on a country and then have Allied nations either support you with Material Aid or Military. The Supporting Nations really do nothing besides adding war points in the algorithm. Unless the nations also declares war on the same nation. Then they act as if they are in their own war (and you may aid this ally as well). You don’t have to attack immediately but I don’t see why you wouldn’t.

Fighting a Battle
The Attacker chooses one of the opposing faction’s territories and chooses to attack it. The Defender must acknowledge it (you can tell a neutral mod) and then the algorithms are calculated. The Attacker takes the territory if he wins while the Defender keeps the land (duh). The Defender has only 2 days to acknowledge the Battle or the fight goes on without them. (It’s just so everything’s fair).

Spoiler:

End of a Battle
When the algorithms of a battle are calculated there are two outcomes. Either the Attacker wins, where the fought over land becomes theirs and the loser will lose 5% of its military. Or the Defender wins where it keeps the land and the Attacker loses 5%.

End of a War
  • The end of a war is reached when either:
    One Nation is completely destroyed. Where they have absolutely 0 territories. The winning side receives any GDP the loser had. Naturally, they get a population growth.

• If the two sides agree to a Peace Treaty (same as if a side surrenders. Though the other nation has the right to refuse and continue). Should a treaty be created then both sides receive a bump in popularity. However depending on how long the war lasted, each side will receive a population loss (1 year = -5%). It’s very unlikely that a war will go on for 20 years. If one is nearing 20 then number 3 should occur.

• Global league (League of Nations, UN type group) intervention. This is where the global court demands a cease fire from the two nations. Should the war continue then the court could possibly take war efforts to force them to stop. If force is needed then all participating UN nations lose 1 popularity. The two nations that were at war will receive -2 popularity and population loss depending on the length of the war.

Last edited by Bwanch on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Spoiler:

More maps to come. Note: The reason Egypt is with Asia was because I changed the date.

Things to Help With:

• So how should the turns be? I know I set the rules and such for seasons, but it was my first thought and then I started to think of how long it would take us. Then I thought about how we should start a new year. Two days for every year? One day? A week? (lol I doubt a week)

• Should resources be tied into the economic mechanics or stay a simple RP thing?

• How much should cities be?

• How many territories do we pick?

Coulda sworn there were more. Ah well. If you see anything that’s missing a part tell me.

Sportsmanship
I’m gonna be easy. Here are a few rules for this thread and the game.
1. Don’t be an asshole. If you don’t like the idea then don’t post. Please.

2. For forum mods… or admins… please don’t edit anything on anyone’s posts just to fuck with us.

3. Have fun! The reason I don’t say “No cussing, no whining, no arguing” is because that’s the shit that will start wars and crap. So have fun.

Last edited by Bwanch on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Newt, shit... Not this again... I like the general idea, but we lack the time and people for this...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Newt, shit... Not this again... I like the general idea, but we lack the time and people for this...

The only reason we didnt get the last one up was because of people ruining it by saying it was stupid.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 pm

This looks so cool but its looks pretty complicated. Its not stupid at all though
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Man, I'm just not going to be in the mood to do this.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Branch no one thinks it's stupid... like Ban said... we just simply lack the personnel and time to do such a thing. We appreciate the time and effort you put into it tho.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:35 pm

I say we play risk instead. We played risk online with matieu once. Dat was fun, right? Right? Riiiiiiight.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I say we play risk instead. We played risk online with matieu once. Dat was fun, right? Right? Riiiiiiight.

'Cept Mat raped us... every time. What is this.. I don
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

Scott wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

'Cept Mat raped us... every time. What is this.. I don

Shhhh... He's gone now... Everything is gonna be OK... He can't hurt you no more...
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 am

I'd be up for risk...

I'm just saaaaying
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I poop diamonds
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm SO FUCKING DOWN FOR RISK Broc
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 pm

I beat Mat at pazaak before :D
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Bwanch wrote:

I beat everyone at pazaak... :D
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Scott wrote:
Bwanch wrote:

Bitch please.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Scott wrote:
Bwanch wrote:

Bitch please.

But I did... I won the little tournament thingy we did. D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of the OT (trying again)   War of the OT (trying again) Empty

Back to top Go down

War of the OT (trying again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: