OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The History Channel... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The History Channel... EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The History Channel...

Go down 
+2
Burkman
Ban-Anad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

The History Channel... Empty
PostSubject: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:32 am

Apparently, aliens are in everything! You pooped and it looks funny? That turd can be looked at in a particular light and then it resembles an image on a plaque in King Tut's tomb which was built under the Orion Constellation, which was sacred to Ancient Egyptians... Coincidence? I think not! So the only logical explanation? ALIENS!
Monty Python would be proud...

Anyways... I've found that most shows on the History channel not involving rednecks shooting alligators, white trash trying to buy storage units or guys getting ripped off in a Vegas pawn shop, somehow lead to the involvement of aliens or free masons, or the Illuminati... Bonus points go to shows that make a connection between a variety of those...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:47 am

They already infiltrated our government. Obama? He's an alien.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:13 am

Welcome to Conspirators-R-Us...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:24 am

I'm fine with a conspiracy thread. I enjoy reading about conspiracies.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Burkman wrote:

This isn't a conspiracy thread... It's about the... arguable degradation in History Channel quality shows...
Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Maybe Burkman's leg is actually pregnant with a xenomorph, that's why he is suffering so much (no offense Burks). That means Burk is now an ALIEN! (But since he is Batman, he can just beat the shit out of the aliens, be their leader and conquer the galaxy)

At least, they made Hatfields & McCoys...I think...

Last edited by MT on Wed May 15, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

MT wrote:
Maybe Burkman's leg is actually pregnant with a xenomorph, that's why he is suffering so much (no offense Burks).

At least, they made Hatfields & McCoys...I think...

The only History-produced show I enjoy currently is Vikings. And season 1's over... So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:36 pm

I enjoy informational stuff on History Channel. Like How the States got their Shapes and United Stats of America. Hatfields & McCoys was good. The Art of War was good. I like the occasional Modern Marvels.

But yes Ban, that alligator shit is freaking annoying. I haven't had the chance to watch Vikings yet but I've heard its good.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Bwanch wrote:
I enjoy informational stuff on History Channel. Like How the States got their Shapes and United Stats of America. Hatfields & McCoys was good. The Art of War was good. I like the occasional Modern Marvels.

But yes Ban, that alligator shit is freaking annoying. I haven't had the chance to watch Vikings yet but I've heard its good.

I'm not talking about the alligator shit/ That's... it's own palette of weird...
It's the excessive use of "ALIENS!" as a "valid" excuse/example/explanation for pretty much everything...
Oh, some dude from 4500 years ago painted a guy wielding what could loosely be interpreted as a stick on fire, due to the degradation of the paint and missing parts of the tablet it was made on? Well, it's OBVIOUSLY an alien with a lightsaber!

The Moon landings had the ulterior purpose of establishing communication with an alien race because there's segments of the video/audio missing from a linkup with a range of roughly 384,399 km? Yes... Aliens is the obvious conclusion! It must me, right?! I mean... It's not like there was any delay, or the thing was taped and said tape has degrades, or anything... Or they didn't bloody fucking record for as long as the mission...
Yes... Obviously the Apollo program was assisted by aliens... That's why it took them 11 tries to get it right...
Oh, there were former German scientists working on the Apollo program? Of course they were contacted by aliens! It's not like they were the most experienced in their field or anything...

Anyways... Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

This isn't a conspiracy thread... It's about the... arguable degradation in History Channel quality shows...

Hi... nice to meet you... have you watched the History Channel for the past 20 years? They've had excessive alien/UFO/Bigfoot shows since... well as long as I've had memory. I know this because my grandmother is obsessed with them (yeah she's one of THEM). Switch to Discovery I say... just skip over all the animal shows.

That aside occasionally History Channel DOES put out some interesting specials.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Hi... nice to meet you... have you watched the History Channel for the past 20 years? They've had excessive alien/UFO/Bigfoot shows since... well as long as I've had memory. I know this because my grandmother is obsessed with them (yeah she's one of THEM). Switch to Discovery I say... just skip over all the animal shows.

That aside occasionally History Channel DOES put out some interesting specials.

I don't deny their good shows... Hell, I even enjoy that pawn shop stuff (cause you do learn quite a bit of interesting stuff)...

And it hasn't been 20 years... They only started... excessively making "ALIENS!" shows the past two, maybe 3 years... Even since that Mayan thing became mainstream popular... And it really peaked last year (end of the world and all)... Yes, there were Bigfoot shows and the odd "Have we been visited by aliens" stuff, but they never outright relied on "ALIENZ!" as their main explanation for... pretty much everything...

I really find it funny how they're still broadcasting shows that are about how the world is to maybe end on 21.12.2012...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:50 pm

In their defense, they have to keep coming out with hour long episodes because there are people who are just sucked in to all of it. And the point of the show is to see a different perspective. Sometimes they make good points and sometimes I just scream how stupid they are at my tv.

Refering to the bigfoot comment, I was watching a Monsterquest about Bigfoot being in the Sierra Mountains.... a commercial comes on... telling me the Sierra mountains are a great vacation spot....
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:52 pm

I don't mind the pawning shows, but to me, it just feels like that's all they ever show nowadays.

Science channel for the win.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Burkman wrote:
I don't mind the pawning shows, but to me, it just feels like that's all they ever show nowadays.

I have issues with the Science channel... the how it's made show is alright... but a lot of their actual science shows a) are way simplified (there are a few exceptions) and b) are either biased (not explaining all evidence for other theories) and/or erroneous (mostly because the person that's doing the narration doesn't understand what he's telling us.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:

I have issues with the Science channel... the how it's made show is alright... but a lot of their actual science shows a) are way simplified (there are a few exceptions) and b) are either biased (not explaining all evidence for other theories) and/or erroneous (mostly because the person that's doing the narration doesn't understand what he's telling us.

Well I only watch the Science channel for Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Well I only watch the Science channel for Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole.

lolyus
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:10 am

The History Channel... 3q84sr

Lolol.

Anyways, yeah. The Bible miniseries was pretty good (although it did have some misinformation from the stories in the earlier episodes) and I liked Hatfields and McCoys. I have yet to watch Vikings. Honestly I don't mind an occasional conspiracy theory but there's too many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History Channel...   The History Channel... Empty

Back to top Go down

The History Channel...
Page 1 of 1