OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+12
Causa
The Mortonator
Grimeth
CollaWars
Callin
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ban-Anad
Yeet
Scott
Branch
Jet
Ulyaoth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Hey... I'm busy, too. I get precious little free time on weekdays, mister man. So after standing around outside for an hour amongst 1,500 or so other airmen while a lieutenant colonel talks about sexual assault this and alcohol-related incident that I'm like, "god dammit, we still have to change into our freaking blues and do this week's open ranks inspection. But lo and behold, there's a note on the door to our bay. Bring your inspection card to my office and you get a free pass on your open ranks.

So, fuck yeah! Room inspection didn't happen yet, but oh well, I spose. We keep the room perfect when we leave every day anyway.

Teacher told me if I got that root canal I need, I'd miss a day of class and he'd wash me back a week. Like I need this... I got enough to worry about. Did I mention I went to the ER because the right side of my jaw started swelling? The nerve damage on that tooth that needs the root canal got infected down near the root, causing the swelling. My face looked ridiculous... the swelling is still somewhat there, actually, but it's gone down a lot. I'm taking penicillin for it.

Anywho, after my dental appointment today, I now have another one for Dec 30th. They're hoping to extract my tooth along with my 4 wisdom teeth during the exodus period. I'm "non-medically ready to deploy" until those wisdom teeth come out. Can't go overseas until that's cleared up. Oh, and a root canal wouldn't have caused me to miss a day, anyway, as it turns out. I still don't appreciate the teacher threatening to recycle me, though. I mean, christ, I had a little balloon on my jaw from an infection cuz of this tooth, I need it done. He basically told me to tough it out if I have any pain or I can get recycled back for missing one day. I'd still pass that end-of-week test, I'm sure. And if not, boom, THEN recycle me. But no, I wouldn't even have gotten that chance.

But anywho, all is well now, I guess. Except it's not the weekend yet. Weekdays aren't worth living here, I swear. People would kill themselves if weekends weren't days off. There's not enough time during our "free time"to do what we need to do AND get enough sleep. People sleep late as fuck on weekends to catch up, but god, I hate being so tired in class every day.

Join the air force, btw!

EDIT:oh, uuumm, to be clear, there was no sexual assault or alcohol-related incident. They just waste hours of our time frequently talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Is it Union Carbide?

No...  It's called Emco High Voltage.

I spent all of today "winding" these tiny ass bobbles with these tiny ass copper wires, no joke these wires were thinner than my hair.  If your wire snaps while you're in the middle of winding your shit then guess what, motherfucker?  You gotta start all over!  Shit is like brain surgery, yo.

Apparently not many people are good at it.  the two other guys who were hired with me couldn't do it, but the lady training me said I was good at it.  I didn't really feel like I was. >_>

I have to go back tomorrow.  God help me.

And why exactly can't they have a machine doing it?
Still- congrats on the job!

I don't... know...

I assume it isn't cost effective enough, but I heard something about how the designs for winding are always changing, so maybe that is why.

It's going to rain hard tomorrow or the day after. I heard 75 MPH winds (120 KPH for you baka gaijin)  and like 10 inches of rain

(25 cm) The county I live in is literally giving away sandbags.  I hope I don't have to go to work that day.  The building I work at is totally self contained though.  All solar powered and shit, nothing from the outside.  So, we'll see.

Anywhooo, the lady training me was looking at a few of the bobbins I did yesterday, and she was mega impressed, yo. She showed that shit off to the master winder. My sister Lena apparently heard I was super good at it from her boss.

Today was mostly spent winding and unwinding those bobbins until I could get it perfect. Unwinding is harder because you have to crank the machine by hand instead of using the pedal. I'm able to pretty much wind a bobbin in one go without unwinding now. I still break quite a few though... That shit snaps like you would not believe. You also can't overlap the wires on the bobbin or it will cause arcing. So, it has to be very precise. I'm basically a brain surgeon.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 pm

I also need to get my wisdom teeth pulled but we don't have dental insurance and can't afford to pay so I don't know what I am going to do.

Don't feel bad Scott, at least you won the drinking contest.

But seriously why were you in the hospital?
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Join the air force, colla. They'll take care of those wisdom teeth.

I passed a room inspection today. Then I went to an hour and a half thing about alcohol and drunk driving. I'm also learning about computer networking. I bought more trail mix and nutty bars, then I picked up my dry cleaning. That's the uly update, I spose. Today was open air bed day. I need to make my bed and go to sleep... I allow myself one episode of anime per day on weekdays. I wish I had more free time.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 am

Well look at you being responsible and shit.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:21 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

I passed a room inspection today. Then I went to an hour and a half thing about alcohol and drunk driving. I'm also learning about computer networking. I bought more trail mix and nutty bars, then I picked up my dry cleaning. That's the uly update, I spose. Today was open air bed day. I need to make my bed and go to sleep... I allow myself one episode of anime per day on weekdays. I wish I had more free time.

What would "open air bed day" mean...
Also, yes. Colla you should totally join the army for their excellent dental plan...
Say whaaa?
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Also, yes. Colla you should totally join the army for their excellent dental plan...
Say whaaa?

Its actually not a Horrible thing to think about over here.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Callin wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Say whaaa?

Its actually not a Horrible thing to think about over here.

Really? Bloody dental? Is this what it's gotten to?
"Join the U.S of A Army Corps! We've got dental!"
Wat
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Yea for a young kid up and coming with small amounts of prospects joining the military is a very good option just based on the medical benefits alone. Less and less jobs overhere and a growing population with lots of outsourcing leaves few chances for many of the next generation.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Callin wrote:
Yea for a young kid up and coming with small amounts of prospects joining the military is a very good option just based on the medical benefits alone. Less and less jobs overhere and a growing population with lots of outsourcing leaves few chances for many of the next generation.

I get the idea of joining up for the educational opportunities (the whole "learn while you serve" thing), but really? Just for medical? Meanwhile, I'm here- getting all the medical benefits the NHS has to offer... Sure, it comes with higher taxes, but it's still way better than what y'all have...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:25 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Callin wrote:

I get the idea of joining up for the educational opportunities (the whole "learn while you serve" thing), but really? Just for medical? Meanwhile, I'm here- getting all the medical benefits the NHS has to offer... Sure, it comes with higher taxes, but it's still way better than what y'all have...

Pretty sure I have just as good if not better insurance... uh huh

Also any of the military branches don't just give you benefits. They offer very good life skills. They fill in a lot of what is left out in our public education system. It also helps a lot of folks cultivate better behaviors and habits, and leads them to being productive to society (through educations, discipline, and whatnot).
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Scott wrote:
Also any of the military branches don't just give you benefits. They offer very good life skills. They fill in a lot of what is left out in our public education system. It also helps a lot of folks cultivate better behaviors and habits, and leads them to being productive to society (through educations, discipline, and whatnot).

Yeah, I mean, just look at me. I'm productive as shit. And a benefit to all those around me, just ask my wife, Ashley. (She might say she doesn't know me or maybe even hate me, that's an inside joke of ours, don't worry about it) That bubble gum she left in the trash today smelled delightful, btw. I almost have enough hairs for the bracelet I'm making, too. Everything is turning up uly. Go Air Force!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:39 am

I'm sure there's something productive I could be doing today, but here I am watching anime. Happy Saturday to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:48 am

The forum keeps making me relog...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 pm

The Titans are possibly the worst team in the NFL. I hate you...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 6:36 pm

They beat Jacksonville! I mean thats good.... right?
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Well... time to start a new week. It's gonna suck, like every week. But exodus is coming. Hopefully, it'll be like a vacation. Oh, I get paid tomorrow, so there's that. Airman Uly out.

#aimhigh
#flyfightwin
#ulyisthefaceofamerica
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:52 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
Well... time to start a new week. It's gonna suck, like every week. But exodus is coming. Hopefully, it'll be like a vacation. Oh, I get paid tomorrow, so there's that. Airman Uly out.

#aimhigh
#flyfightwin
#ulyisthefaceofamerica

We need to make that last one trending...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 am

The Face That Launched 1000 Planes
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:12 pm

#gettinghigh
#shootingheroine
#committingsuicide
#oatmeal
#hashtagsarestupid
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Had a run day, today. Ate dinner and come back to the squadron and holy hell, what do I see? A freaking senior master sergeant walking around the CQ area. Which is like, the main lobby. I felt like turning right back around and maybe buying something at the mini mall... but I went inside and escaped unscathed. SERE training, bruh.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 pm

I used to choose what I wanted to wear every day. It meant nothing to me. Then BMT happened. Now, after nearly 3 months, I can choose what to wear again... and I don't know what to do... So here I sit in my ABUs.

I got ATP status today. (Advanced Transition Period) I could wear civilian clothes if I so choose. Maybe I should buy some at the BX...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Holy shit, I could also drink booze and go off base, I forgot about that. I can talk on my phone freely in civilian clothes, too. Maybe I really should get some new clothes today.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Dude, I haven't worn a pair of jeans in 3 months and let me tell you, it feels weird. Like, the material is different and the way it swishes about your ankles... it's bizarre, bruh, you don't even know!

Walking out that door without putting a hat on my head was weird, too. It felt like I was doing something wrong. I feel like you can't really appreciate how much basic training and tech school like... brainwash you until you do it. I'm so... conditioned to be and do certain things. I suppose I can see why they transition you slowly back to normal life.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:43 am

I think I aced that landing, considering I had a 9 inch hole on one wing, couldn't steer on approach and was spewing fuel and oil all over the place...
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 7fjzdvB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next