OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+12
Causa
The Mortonator
Grimeth
CollaWars
Callin
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ban-Anad
Yeet
Scott
Branch
Jet
Ulyaoth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
Dells are notorious for incremental hardware defects (as the majority of their products are produced in mass for business and schools). HPs are notorious for overheating, but are usually pretty cheap (that's from personal experience as well). I would suggest looking at getting an Asus or Lenovo. They are good quality computers that are usually on sale (plus you can do a decent amount of gaming on them even on the low end). The only issue I have with Asus is that it typically comes with a little bloatware that you need to remove.

PS: Also look into Toshiba... I would never suggest spending any great deal of money on them, but they are decent performance computers for their price on the low end.

It's not that Dells have defective hardware (though they sometimes do), they're just usually lacking the drivers that make that hardware actually work properly...
But I agree on the HP front. Asus, Lenovo and Acer are pretty much the best retail laptops you can get. Toshiba's are OK for work laptops but I wouldn't use them for much else.
If you're looking for a good gaming laptop/PC, go for ROG (a sub of Asus). They provide great customisation and are better priced than Alienware (which is pretty much the Apple of gaming computers)...

Alienware is generally crap, anyways. For a gaming computer, I'd rather invest into building my own desktop computer.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
Dells are notorious for incremental hardware defects (as the majority of their products are produced in mass for business and schools). HPs are notorious for overheating, but are usually pretty cheap (that's from personal experience as well). I would suggest looking at getting an Asus or Lenovo. They are good quality computers that are usually on sale (plus you can do a decent amount of gaming on them even on the low end). The only issue I have with Asus is that it typically comes with a little bloatware that you need to remove.

PS: Also look into Toshiba... I would never suggest spending any great deal of money on them, but they are decent performance computers for their price on the low end.

It's not that Dells have defective hardware (though they sometimes do), they're just usually lacking the drivers that make that hardware actually work properly...
But I agree on the HP front. Asus, Lenovo and Acer are pretty much the best retail laptops you can get. Toshiba's are OK for work laptops but I wouldn't use them for much else.
If you're looking for a good gaming laptop/PC, go for ROG (a sub of Asus). They provide great customisation and are better priced than Alienware (which is pretty much the Apple of gaming computers)...

It is.... I've worked with Dell computers in HS, College, AND work. There always ends up being some sort of hardware defect that kills the computer within a year. The hardrive has a hairline crack in it... the heat sinks on the mobo aren't properly soddered (or any number of things on the mobos)... the cd-rom drive doesn't work properly... hell usb ports that aren't formed properly. Now granted I've not had much experience with their personal computers, but if their business and student computers are any notion of their quality... then yeah...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

It is.... I've worked with Dell computers in HS, College, AND work. There always ends up being some sort of hardware defect that kills the computer within a year. The hardrive has a hairline crack in it... the heat sinks on the mobo aren't properly soddered (or any number of things on the mobos)... the cd-rom drive doesn't work properly... hell usb ports that aren't formed properly. Now granted I've not had much experience with their personal computers, but if their business and student computers are any notion of their quality... then yeah...

Well I don't know about their tower computers. Dell's Alienware towers are pretty decent (again- ROG are more affordable and you can get more power for less), but I can imagine their other "normal" ones aren't as good. For their laptops, my Inspiron of four years has performed pretty decent. I've only had minor issues with it- as I said, the hard drive has been heating up even when the cooling's been cleaned. I've only recently have been having trouble with the USB ports not always working, but that can be the drivers...
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 am

What's up guys?
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:21 am

Hey Hey
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Gurlfrand...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:33 pm

I appreciate the recommendations from everyone. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

So anywho, I scored 92% on my block test today. Block 2 was 3 weeks, too. If you fail that, bam... washed back 3 weeks to repeat it. My GPA over the 4 block tests so far is 95%. There's 2 blocks of computer networking before you start the 4 blocks of cyber ops. So my GPA is out of 4 tests, not two, even though it's called block 2.

But after those 6 blocks... is the 2 weeks of preparing for the Security Plus test. That's the scary one.  Sec+ is some sort of certification that you can earn out in the "real world".

It's funny how people call it that. The "real world". It's almost like civilians are muggles. It sounds weird to me to even call other people civilians. But I guess I'm military for reals now. It's a weird feeling.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:55 am

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

Explain why my Dell is still running after 6 or so years, then.  I don't know where you're getting your Dells, but I have never had any issues with Dell computers save for whatever software problems I ran into the past (which was usually my own fault).
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:06 am

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

Explain why my Dell is still running after 6 or so years, then.  I don't know where you're getting your Dells, but I have never had any issues with Dell computers save for whatever software problems I ran into the past (which was usually my own fault).

READ the highlighted before commenting please...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:49 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
So anywho, I scored 92% on my block test today. Block 2 was 3 weeks, too. If you fail that, bam... washed back 3 weeks to repeat it. My GPA over the 4 block tests so far is 95%. There's 2 blocks of computer networking before you start the 4 blocks of cyber ops. So my GPA is out of 4 tests, not two, even though it's called block 2.

But after those 6 blocks... is the 2 weeks of preparing for the Security Plus test. That's the scary one.  Sec+ is some sort of certification that you can earn out in the "real world".

It's funny how people call it that. The "real world". It's almost like civilians are muggles. It sounds weird to me to even call other people civilians. But I guess I'm military for reals now. It's a weird feeling.

YOU CAN DO EET! RIP EETS FUCKING MODEM OFF! hehehe
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Why would you go and do that, Scott... just go and make burkman mad? Cuz that's what you just done did.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Why would he be angry?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Scott wrote:
Why would he be angry?

Because it's Burkman...
OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Cuz you coulda been like, "yeah, that's what I was sayin, I don't know for sure about their desktops n' shit" and diffuse the situation. But no... you had to be all like, "read what I said, stupid faggot! I ain't even gotta listen to you, I'm Scott, nigga."
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 am

Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

And yet you went off and ranted about how bad they were despite not having much experience.  

What are you even...  Just what are you even... Iseewhatyoudidthere

P.S. I'm not angry...
Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies
Daroska

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:38 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
nigga

Grimeth, hand me my shotgun.

yeah
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm

This place just loves logging me out...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Bruh, you can't even be mad. Fictional Scott said it, not me. Also, you'd be surprised how often you hear it in the air force. Just the other day, we were gonna march back from lunch and we say to the A1C, "bruh, why ain't you puttin' your reflective belt on?" And he goes, "cuz I ain't tryin' to march y'all niggas", but he marched us anyway. Bruh, shouldn't have been guard if you didn't wanna march us at tech school, bruh. Guard and Reserve get automatic A1C, a blessing and a curse. Us one stripe airmen are the rarest ones. Airmen Basic all over the place, followed by all the A1Cs.

Anywho, it's the weekend! We finished our accursed PT and are finally free. Next weekend is a 4-day weekend, too. Thank Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

And yet you went off and ranted about how bad they were despite not having much experience.  

What are you even...  Just what are you even... Iseewhatyoudidthere

P.S.  I'm not angry...

I DO have lots of experience with them... with their business and school model desktops and laptops. Just not with their PCs.

PSS: I didn't think you were these people are cray cray.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Daroska wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:
nigga

Grimeth, hand me my shotgun.

yeah

Ahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Bruh, you can't even be mad. Fictional Scott said it, not me. Also, you'd be surprised how often you hear it in the air force. Just the other day, we were gonna march back from lunch and we say to the A1C, "bruh, why ain't you puttin' your reflective belt on?" And he goes, "cuz I ain't tryin' to march y'all niggas", but he marched us anyway. Bruh, shouldn't have been guard if you didn't wanna march us at tech school, bruh. Guard and Reserve get automatic A1C, a blessing and a curse. Us one stripe airmen are the rarest ones. Airmen Basic all over the place, followed by all the A1Cs.

Anywho, it's the weekend! We finished our accursed PT and are finally free. Next weekend is a 4-day weekend, too. Thank Jesus.

Fictional Scott sounds a lot like RL Uly... just sayin... that fictional guy is a giant dick... like... a giant Scott who's a dick.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:19 am

Apotheon is a surprisingly great game.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

I could just murder grimeth.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:11 pm

A young man was found dead today in California. Hentai was found at the scene of the crime and foul play is suspected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next