OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.

Go down 
+3
PJsnaks
Grimeth
RalphTheWonderLlama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  Empty
PostSubject: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 am

I'll let you gentlemen make your own decisions.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 am

Looks decent, I may try it out.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

It looks great but I'm not buying it. I already own all the total war games from Rome and up. I don't even play Napoleon or Rome and I only touch Empire on occasion. They're all good but I'm gonna let this one go by and wait for a game I'll love (Rome 2).
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm going to let this one go.
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:00 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
It looks great but I'm not buying it. I already own all the total war games from Rome and up. I don't even play Napoleon or Rome and I only touch Empire on occasion. They're all good but I'm gonna let this one go by and wait for a game I'll love (Rome 2).

They're simply never going to make the Total War game I really want them to make.

China.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 pm

RalphTheWonderLlama wrote:
China.
I'd play that. Warring states period ftw. Peasant uprisings, Mongol invasions, Korean and Vietnamese states!?!?! THAT would be fun.

And yea I just finished playing the Shogun Demo, so I guess I'll review it/rant about it/praise it.

I can't say much about the game but that was the WORST demo I've played in a while. They give you nothing to work with. Like, at all. Empire's was better and they only gave you two battles. At lest the game behind this demo was pretty good, or at least looks pretty good.

The game looks solid enough. The path finding is much better and Agents are used nicely. However I'm not a fan of the construction in this. I wasn't a fan of how they simplified it for Empire and Napoleon and unfortunately they kept it that way.

For this game though they took simplification to a whole other level (for construction)

But I loved the new diplomacy action that lets you ask your ally to join your war and lets you ask to join theirs. It allows for a little more strategy. Plus they give you the chances of diplomacy success so you don't have to waste a turn.

The new features for generals and family members is great.

The units didn't seem to have much variation but that may just be because they give you nothing to work with.

But yeah, the game is what I expected. Solid game, very good. However the demo was AWFUL. The longest most boring piece of shit ever. They don't even let you play out the battles in the tutorial (the two they let you play they give you random armies) and they don't even touch on naval battles.
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
China.
I'd play that. Warring states period ftw. Peasant uprisings, Mongol invasions, Korean and Vietnamese states!?!?! THAT would be fun.

And yea I just finished playing the Shogun Demo, so I guess I'll review it/rant about it/praise it.

I can't say much about the game but that was the WORST demo I've played in a while. They give you nothing to work with. Like, at all. Empire's was better and they only gave you two battles. At lest the game behind this demo was pretty good, or at least looks pretty good.

The game looks solid enough. The path finding is much better and Agents are used nicely. However I'm not a fan of the construction in this. I wasn't a fan of how they simplified it for Empire and Napoleon and unfortunately they kept it that way.

For this game though they took simplification to a whole other level (for construction)

But I loved the new diplomacy action that lets you ask your ally to join your war and lets you ask to join theirs. It allows for a little more strategy. Plus they give you the chances of diplomacy success so you don't have to waste a turn.

The units didn't seem to have much variation but that may just be because they give you nothing to work with.

But yeah, the game is what I expected. Solid game, very good. However the demo was AWFUL. The longest most boring piece of shit ever. They don't even let you play out the battles in the tutorial (the two they let you play they give you random armies) and they don't even touch on naval battles.

I don't play demos because I consider it self imposed torture.

As for the construction, you have to keep in mind the Japanese did not have the Romans to inspire them in terms of fortifications. Your biggest citadel in Shogun 1 was like your tier 3 out of 5 in Rome. And they also didn't have any Roman siege technology, so you'll see MUCH less city/castle fighting and much more open field battle. Which is frankly a relief to me.

I just can't wait till I get fully decked out warrior monks. Those be my homies.
Back to top Go down
WooJa
GD Member
WooJa

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Hope I can afford to play this too! I look forward to dominating Japan and my opponents.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
China.

As for the construction, you have to keep in mind the Japanese did not have the Romans to inspire them in terms of fortifications. Your biggest citadel in Shogun 1 was like your tier 3 out of 5 in Rome. And they also didn't have any Roman siege technology, so you'll see MUCH less city/castle fighting and much more open field battle. Which is frankly a relief to me.

I just can't wait till I get fully decked out warrior monks. Those be my homies.

That's not what I mean. Play medieval 2. Their construction process is vastly different than post-Empire. Nowadays there is a dropdown menu and you don't have a choice what you build. It's sickening. IMO that's the only step backwards the series has taken.
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 am

PJsnaks wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

That's not what I mean. Play medieval 2. Their construction process is vastly different than post-Empire. Nowadays there is a dropdown menu and you don't have a choice what you build. It's sickening. IMO that's the only step backwards the series has taken.

I never played past medieval 2 because I hate Napoleonic era stuff.
This is shocking and disturbing news to me.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

PJsnaks wrote:

Medieval Era is like 1100-1500. Napoleon was in 1800-1815. Lrn2history.
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

PJsnaks wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

I didn't say I never played medieval 2, I'm saying I never played a Total War game that came out AFTER medieval 2. Hence the comment about the Napoleonic era.

Never dug the whole "everybody line up and shoot each other with muskets" type stuff.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

PJsnaks wrote:

I didn't say I never played medieval 2, I'm saying I never played a Total War game that came out AFTER medieval 2. Hence the comment about the Napoleonic era.

Never dug the whole "everybody line up and shoot each other with muskets" type stuff.

Looks like I have to lrn2read. But yeah, if you play Shogun you'll notice the change they took.
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Looks like I have to lrn2read. But yeah, if you play Shogun you'll notice the change they took.

As I said earlier, shocking and disturbing news.

I'll still buy it.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

PJsnaks wrote:

As I said earlier, shocking and disturbing news.

I'll still buy it.
It's a good game and you'll enjoy it. Total War games never fail to satisfy gamers. Their marketing and PR are awful, but the games are solid.

If I didn't already have 5 of their games I'd buy this one as well :P
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I like games that involve more strategy but Total War can be fun.
Back to top Go down
jedibantha
OT'er
jedibantha

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 am

PJsnaks wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

You also need to lrn2history. Medieval times began in 476, at the fall of the Roman
Empire.

Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  210196
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:54 pm

jedibantha wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

You also need to lrn2history. Medieval times began in 476, at the fall of the Roman
Empire.

Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  210196

1) I was talking about the Era of the game. Not of history.

2) The medieval times from 476-850 or 1099 (end of the first crusade) is generally called the Dark Ages while the high medieval period (the remainder of time until the renaissance) can be called the middle ages.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm not an RTS fan.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Shogun 2 is getting the best reviews of a Total War game since Rome. Worth checking out.

Anyone play it yet?
Back to top Go down
RalphTheWonderLlama
OT'er
RalphTheWonderLlama

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Shogun 2 is getting the best reviews of a Total War game since Rome. Worth checking out.

Anyone play it yet?

I <3 it this much: <33333333333333333333333333

My Uesugi Clan Warrior Monks are PWNING way harder than in Shogun 1.
And the visuals, campaign map AND battlefield; are both fucking utterly stunning.

Sadly the multiplayer campaign seems a bit buggy, as the battles when I tried to play with my guild always caused both of us to crash.
Hopefully that will be fixed in patches, as the multiplayer campaign mode is what I was really after with the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.    Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun 2 Total War looks epic.
Page 1 of 1