OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The South postpones rising again. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The South postpones rising again.

Go down 
+8
darthsederous
Matieu
Yeet
Jet
Causa
Branch
The Mortonator
CollaWars
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

The South postpones rising again. Empty
PostSubject: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:16 pm

HUNTSVILLE, AL–For the 135th straight year since Gen. Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox, representatives for the South announced Monday that the region has postponed plans to rise again.

Three of the estimated 45 million Southerners who have not yet gotten around to rising again.
"Make no mistake, the South shall rise again," said Knox Pritchard, president of the Huntsville-based Alliance Of Confederate States. "But we're just not quite ready to do it now. Hopefully, we'll be able to rise again real soon, maybe even in 2011."

Pritchard's fellow Southerners shared his confidence.

"Yes, sir. The South will rise again, and when it does, I'll be right up front waving the Stars and Bars," said Dock Mullins of Decatur, GA. "But first, I gotta get my truck fixed and get that rusty old stove out of my yard."

"Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, we gonna rise again," said Sumter, SC, radiator technician Hap Slidell, who describes himself as "Southern by the grace of God." "I don't know exactly when we're gonna do it, but one of these days, we're gonna show them Yankees how it's done."

"Save your Confederate dollars," Slidell added. "You can bet on that."

The Deep South states of Alabama, Arkanas, Georgia, Mississippi, the Carolinas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee consistently rank at the bottom of the nation in a wide variety of statistical categories, including literacy, infant mortality, hospital beds, toilet-paper sales, and shoe usage. Even so, some experts believe the region could be poised for a renaissance.

"The way things stand, things in the Deep South almost have to get better. Otherwise, the people who live there will devolve into preverbal, overall-wearing sub-morons within a century," said Professor Dennis Lassiter of Princeton University. "Either Southerners will start improving themselves, or they'll be sold to middle-class Asians as pets."

"My constituents are decent, hard-working folk," said Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC), despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, in his 22nd annual "Next Year, By God!" speech on the steps of North Carolina's capitol building. "We are a proud people who mayn't have all that much fancy-pants book-learnin', but we live and die with pride in our proud heritage and the dignity of our forebears."

Helms' speech was met with nearly 25 minutes of enthusiastic hoots and rebel yells by the 15,000 drunk, unemployed tobacco pickers in attendance.

Though Southerners are overwhelmingly in favor of rising again, few were able to provide specific details of the rising-again process.

"I don't know, I reckon we'll build us a bunch of big, fancy buildins and pave us up a whole mess of roads," said Bobby Lee Fuller of Greenville, MS. "I ain't exactly sure where we're gonna get the money for that, but when Johnny Reb sets his mind to something, you best get out of his way."

"Oh, it'll happen, sure as the sun come up in the morning," said Buford Comstock, 26, a student at Over 'N' Back Diesel Driving School in Union City, TN. "The South is gonna rise up, just as soon as we get together and get all our shit back in one sock. Then, look out, Northerners!"

"Yesiree," Comstock added, "one day soon, the Mason-Dixon Line will be the boundary between a great nation and one whose time done passed."
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 pm

We all know this is Onion, could've just given a link.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/south-postpones-rising-again-for-yet-another-year,377/

Although, the date change does make it closer to relevant, you just need to add another year.

Last edited by TheMortonator. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Stars and Bars!

Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:23 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/south-postpones-rising-again-for-yet-another-year,377/

Quit being a party pooper.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Causa wrote:
No.

The South postpones rising again. 1206454902828488199
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:

Although, the date change does make it closer to relevant, you just need to add another year.

wut.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Branch wrote:
Causa wrote:
No.

The Baseball team or the Northern part of the united states?
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Branch wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:

Quit being a party pooper.

Can I help it if this party needs some pooping? ^_^

In either case, we need more Johnny Horton and Tennessee Ernie Ford on these forums.

I wonder where the vinyl for that one is, I'm sure it is here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:
Causa wrote:
No.

The Baseball team or the Northern part of the united states?

All of the above. No pun intended.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Every knows this.

Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Branch wrote:

We won the civil war. :hug:
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Branch has a great conversation starter.

"Hi, I'm Branch, and I support slavery!"
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:

We won the civil war. :hug:

Where do you live?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Jet wrote:

You're from NC! Act like it!
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Branch wrote:
Jet wrote:

I do around Colla sometimes. I called him a "Porch monkey" and a "Watermelon snatcher".
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:36 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Where do you live?

The United States.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Causa wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Where do you live?

The United States.

lol.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Branch wrote:
Jet wrote:

His agruement is "you a hick cuz you from Tennesee and I'm not cuz I live North Carolina."
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:38 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Every knows this.

They better! I can sing that with my head under water.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

CollaWars wrote:
HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

I live there. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
Every knows this.

They better! I can sing that with my head under water.

Jonny Horton is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Branch wrote:

Jonny Horton is awesome!

I liekz Johny Cash.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:41 pm

PimpWilbourn wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

I live there. OMG!

I been there.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PimpWilbourn wrote:
CollaWars wrote:
HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

I live there. OMG!

What is you son? Are you a Reb or a Yankee?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The South postpones rising again.   The South postpones rising again. Empty

Back to top Go down

The South postpones rising again.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next