OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Feeling...Aggravated EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Feeling...Aggravated EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Feeling...Aggravated

Go down 
+7
Branch
The Mortonator
Yeet
Ban-Anad
Ulyaoth
Causa
Jet
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Feeling...Aggravated Empty
PostSubject: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 pm

So, I stumbled across this:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=34615

I honestly have no words other than I'm frustrated. With both sides. These redneck assholes especially. I understand why so many people hate Christians now...
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow, I hope that's not what those people really think.... that would be truly horrifying. Humans are quite possibly the shittiest high intelligence species ever, I don't think anytime in the future could we discover a civilization worse than ours. That whole forum is full of idiots who can see past their freaking nose. It's hard to believe that forum even exists.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 am

I don't get why you so mad. Those are just REALLY religious people. Like... angry religious. Grimeth's sister religious.

That's the sort of stuff they say every day!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:15 am

Oh look. More religious threads about religious bullshit...
yeah
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 am

I am fairly certain, Uly, (being a christian myself [not a perfect person, mind you], but someone who knows Jesus as their savior) that these gentlemen are not "real" christians. Just people who have nothing else much to live for at this point.

Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:24 am

So, I read the thread about diablo 3 there... I can't help but think it's all a joke. This girl was talking about diablo and then described torchlight... and so many other things flat out wrong. I can't believe it's not a joke! They gotta be parody'ing super religious people or something...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:24 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
So, I read the thread about diablo 3 there... I can't help but think it's all a joke. This girl was talking about diablo and then described torchlight... and so many other things flat out wrong. I can't believe it's not a joke! They gotta be parody'ing super religious people or something...

They're completely serious.

Link?
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=62815

That's the one. It's really ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:58 am

"I believe their lead singer might be a Catholic, but that is not a Christian."

lolwut. AHA!
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:26 am

As a Jesus Freak I feel I must teach these people a lesson. muhaha!

Feeling...Aggravated 9091535
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 am

These ARE Baptists though. I'm not saying that they're bad people at all. But the hardcore ones can get pretty crazy. All religions have certain branches that contain some crazy people.

Take the Sunni for example.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:44 am

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
These ARE Baptists though. I'm not saying that they're bad people at all. But the hardcore ones can get pretty crazy. All religions have certain branches that contain some crazy people.

The only reason they are Baptists is because that's the default. There is no one higher up you HAVE to be responsible too, and even those in the Southern Baptist Convention are merely pushed lightly. In other words, saying they are Baptists is like saying they put down a [blank] in the denomination. It means sodding nothing.

I went with the my Church to meet up with a huge group from the Southern Baptist Convention and serve. During that time there were nutters on the streets calling our girls with us sluts. Our College Pastor had to go talk them down. Baptists arguing with Baptists is a thing. Because we don't patrol and have no way to if we wanted to the jerks are going to be stealing the name and misusing it.

In other words, if you have had bad experiences with Baptist, believe me, it can be worse. I've sat in the church of a married man that sleep with younger women while talking about how it's okay to cuddle with your kids. I didn't know all about him then, but I was already hating his message half-way through. If I knew all I know now, I wouldn't have stayed silent. It was disturbing in more ways than just that.

Still, I want people to know, that they aren't representative of jack. Some of the most accepting Churches are also Baptist. The title doesn't mean much unfortunately. And I'm afraid I'm stuck with the title myself.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:59 am

The Mortonator wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

The only reason they are Baptists is because that's the default. There is no one higher up you HAVE to be responsible too, and even those in the Southern Baptist Convention are merely pushed lightly. In other words, saying they are Baptists is like saying they put down a [blank] in the denomination. It means sodding nothing.

I went with the my Church to meet up with a huge group from the Southern Baptist Convention and serve. During that time there were nutters on the streets calling our girls with us sluts. Our College Pastor had to go talk them down. Baptists arguing with Baptists is a thing. Because we don't patrol and have no way to if we wanted to the jerks are going to be stealing the name and misusing it.

In other words, if you have had bad experiences with Baptist, believe me, it can be worse. I've sat in the church of a married man that sleep with younger women while talking about how it's okay to cuddle with your kids. I didn't know all about him then, but I was already hating his message half-way through. If I knew all I know now, I wouldn't have stayed silent. It was disturbing in more ways than just that.

Still, I want people to know, that they aren't representative of jack. Some of the most accepting Churches are also Baptist. The title doesn't mean much unfortunately. And I'm afraid I'm stuck with the title myself.

I'm not even that good at religion. I'm Methodist, but I really don't know the basis of it completely. I went to a Catholic church for awhile when I was younger, and a Church of Christ. There's a big difference in Catholic churches and everything else. Everything is so monotone and synchronized.

But I'm not the kinda guy that's going to judge someone completely based on religion. There's differences in everyone and there's something good in everyone. No matter who they are or who they worship.

Unless they're Hitler.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:58 am

Being religious does not mean you're smart.

(For you assholes (Banana, Causa), it doesnt mean being religious makes you stupid) Feeling...Aggravated 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 am

Episcopal FTW I have you now...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 am

FTR I'm a Baptist as well and I stopped agreeing with them the second I saw their posts.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 am

I don't really feel like I'm part of any of them. My grandpa was a First Christian. Its... just not Catholic or Baptist and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 am

Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:40 am

Yknow when Im on the computer I don't just wonder by some religious articles
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 am

It started out with me trying to find out if Slayer was really a satanist band or not, and then I stumbled upon that forum.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 am

in all honesty its the Extremists on both sides of the fence that are the problem.

Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 am

Callin wrote:
in all honesty its the Extremists on both sides of the fence that are the problem.

This.

And the atheist in the first convo might've had a stronger opinion if his user name wasn't "the dark lord"
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 am

Callin wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not right either way...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:58 pm

I don't like this thread.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:16 pm

I've been reading the forum, this stuff is funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling...Aggravated   Feeling...Aggravated Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling...Aggravated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: