OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION

Go down 
+13
Grimeth
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ulyaoth
Ban-Anad
Callin
Yeet
Scott
Branch
SoupWithSauce
Boba
Burkman
Causa
Meatlocker
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
I'm trying to think of the last time I checked my email used for this site... I'm thinking it could be measured in years.

You monster...
L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 2238782717

Also, when are we ending this motherfucker?

I'm not sure I see the point... we're just gonna do the same thing in the next one... yeah

Tho... it would be nice to have a name change...

Oh, so it's OK if Meat's L12PW thread goes on forever, but not for mine?!
I see how it is now, Scoot... I see...
L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 2238782717

Anyhur... I say we stop eight pages from this exact post!

So 5th post on p. 30? Righty-ho...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Anyone want a Dota 2 beta invite? Got two of them...
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 pm

What is going on with my thread?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Meatlocker wrote:

*puts finger on Meat's lips*

Shh shhh shhh shh shhhhhhhhhhh....
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 am

Scott wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

*puts finger on Meat's lips*

Shh shhh shhh shh shhhhhhhhhhh....

No more pain... just sleep.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

Aren't we halfway there?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:27 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Aren't we halfway there?

Oh hey look! You're a mod again!
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Weeelp... time to go to work for another 3 hours. But you don't understand. It's 3 hours in hell! THE PIT OF HELL!
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Weeelp... time to go to work for another 3 hours. But you don't understand. It's 3 hours in hell! THE PIT OF HELL!

Its 3 hours you
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:

Grimeth's sister says that's where you belong... Wilbz
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 am

Every time I see Amanda Bynes, I think "All That". That's the only thing I know her from.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Every time I see Amanda Bynes, I think "All That". That's the only thing I know her from.

Didn't she use to have a show on Nick?
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Oh yeah... she did... hell if I can remember what it's called. The Amanda Bynes Show, probably, haha.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Oh yeah... she did... hell if I can remember what it's called. The Amanda Bynes Show, probably, haha.

THE AMANDA SHOW
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 pm

So I been thinking and it just hit me today. Romney, although pandering, honestly believes a few things in his core. That earnestness comes out in weird ways, like that story about him trying to give a half finished hot chocolate back to the Seattle's Best Coffe employee who served it to him. He was honestly baffled that someone wouldn't just take it back and drink it.

I think he honestly believes he's a self-made man. His privileges don't seem to equate in his thinking. When he sees his wealth and achievements, he seems to forget the enormous advantages he got in education and resources. I mean, it's a rare thing for anyone to be able to sell stock to help pay for college.

This kind of intellectual blind spot is dangerous in a President. It means that he isn't Machiavellian, or Rovian. There is no mustache twirling desire to defraud the American people and make the rich richer. He truly doesn't understand what it's like to juggle bills, wonder how to make rent, or think you'll never get a job again.

And that blind spot means that, unlike say Franklin Roosevelt (Another child of privilege), Romney just can't see or understand what it's like for most people. It doesn't compute that parents can't just loan their kids money. He's never met someone who had to give their dad rent money, or worked a part-time job to help pay groceries.

On some level, I think this is the real reason that Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama are so reviled by Republicans. Both of them started from much humbler beginnings. Obama, luckily for him, had middle-class grandparents. Clinton, though, had a much tougher start. Yet they both, through force of intellect and will rose into the wealthy and elite class of American life, without those blinders of privilege. On the contrary, those blinders don't exist for either of them, and Republicans seem to hate nothing more than successful people who refuse to wear those blinders.

Clinton has blind spots, especially when it comes to personal responsibility. Obama does, too, strangely choosing (and being great at) politics, without having a good handle on the small moments that can create perceptions of aloofness.

Those qualities aren't dangerous in leaders, however. But the earnest blind spot that Mitt Romney has for privilege is dangerous. Romney truly believes 47% of the nation are undeserving moochers, because he can't picture a world where he was helped to become wealthy.

These are totally my own thoughts. Don't google it or anything. That would be weird of you. >_>
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
So I been thinking and it just hit me today. Romney, although pandering, honestly believes a few things in his core. That earnestness comes out in weird ways, like that story about him trying to give a half finished hot chocolate back to the Seattle's Best Coffe employee who served it to him. He was honestly baffled that someone wouldn't just take it back and drink it.

I think he honestly believes he's a self-made man. His privileges don't seem to equate in his thinking. When he sees his wealth and achievements, he seems to forget the enormous advantages he got in education and resources. I mean, it's a rare thing for anyone to be able to sell stock to help pay for college.

This kind of intellectual blind spot is dangerous in a President. It means that he isn't Machiavellian, or Rovian. There is no mustache twirling desire to defraud the American people and make the rich richer. He truly doesn't understand what it's like to juggle bills, wonder how to make rent, or think you'll never get a job again.

And that blind spot means that, unlike say Franklin Roosevelt (Another child of privilege), Romney just can't see or understand what it's like for most people. It doesn't compute that parents can't just loan their kids money. He's never met someone who had to give their dad rent money, or worked a part-time job to help pay groceries.

On some level, I think this is the real reason that Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama are so reviled by Republicans. Both of them started from much humbler beginnings. Obama, luckily for him, had middle-class grandparents. Clinton, though, had a much tougher start. Yet they both, through force of intellect and will rose into the wealthy and elite class of American life, without those blinders of privilege. On the contrary, those blinders don't exist for either of them, and Republicans seem to hate nothing more than successful people who refuse to wear those blinders.

Clinton has blind spots, especially when it comes to personal responsibility. Obama does, too, strangely choosing (and being great at) politics, without having a good handle on the small moments that can create perceptions of aloofness.

Those qualities aren't dangerous in leaders, however. But the earnest blind spot that Mitt Romney has for privilege is dangerous. Romney truly believes 47% of the nation are undeserving moochers, because he can't picture a world where he was helped to become wealthy.

These are totally my own thoughts. Don't google it or anything. That would be weird of you. >_>

I just finished reading that on reddit.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm

R U for reals? Somebody else thinks the same thing I do? On reddit? What is reddit? Is that like a website or something? I certainly wouldn't know. >_>
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
R U for reals? Somebody else thinks the same thing I do? On reddit? What is reddit? Is that like a website or something? I certainly wouldn't know. >_>

Good, reddit is a bad place and you should avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Good, reddit is a bad place and you should avoid it.

Reddit is like a big city. there are the good parts of it, and there are bad parts. like /r/politics
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:37 pm

No, spacedicks is the bad part. Politics is a perfectly respectable part of reddit.
Back to top Go down
NotGiantSpiderGoat
GD Member
NotGiantSpiderGoat

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:39 pm

So 12 dollar margaritas at taco bills. Guess who i'm gonna take to taco bills.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 am

12 dollars sounds like a lot for a drink.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:25 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

dont think of it as you spending alot of cash for a drink. think of it as 12 older men buying you a drink.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 am

Callin wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

dont think of it as you spending alot of cash for a drink. think of it as 12 older men buying you a drink.

With your money.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 am

Branch wrote:
Callin wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

With your money.

In the nude...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION   L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

L12PW: WRATH OF THE NEKGHOUL EDITION
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next