OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Star Wars 7 will suck

Go down 
+3
Yeet
Ban-Anad
Branch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Star Wars 7 will suck Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_VII

"Arndt has already turned in a forty-to-fifty-page story treatment that will reportedly bring the Skywalker family saga to a close in a new trilogy."

No. Cade does that. Retconning the Legacy books and possibly the Legacy of the Force plus all the other Post-6 EU.

And if Vader is coming back to life then it is destined to suck. He was cremated. AFTER he was turned good and became a Force-ghost. To say that evil Vader will be coming back is shit. Unless its an imposter. Which it better fucking be.

/nerdrage
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm still... reluctant...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:

The only hope I have is if they get a good Director. When I say good I mean J.J. Abrams, James Cameron or Jon Favreau. (lol so if their name starts with J)

Though, Abrams has said he will be looking forward to be "a moviegoer". Cameron isn't even in rumors but I'd love to see a surprise legend. Favreau has shown interest though. And I will settle with Favreau.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 pm

M. Night Shyamalan is going to be the director.

Smartass
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Meth wrote:

Smartass

Just no.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

The only hope I have is if they get a good Director. When I say good I mean J.J. Abrams, James Cameron or Jon Favreau. (lol so if their name starts with J)

Though, Abrams has said he will be looking forward to be "a moviegoer". Cameron isn't even in rumors but I'd love to see a surprise legend. Favreau has shown interest though. And I will settle with Favreau.

I can't see Cameron do a Star Wars movie... Just can't...
Abrams is good for the spot, but I dunno...

Also, I think my British-isation is complete... When I think of the name Cameron, the first thing that comes to mind is the MP...
Say whaaa?
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Branch wrote:
Meth wrote:

Smartass

Just no.

OKAY BRANCH HOW ABOUT YOU BE THE DIRECTOR THEN SINCE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALL ABOUT THE STRUGGLES AND HARDSHIPS THAT GO ALONG WITH CONTINUING THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN MODERN HUMAN HISTORY. PLEASE SHINE US WITH YOUR GRACE OH HOLY GEORGE LUCAS JR.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Quote :
According to a Lucasfilm source, the basis for Star Wars Episode VII will be an original story, rather than taking inspiration from previous Expanded Universe content, such as author Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy of novels, which chronologically follows the events of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi in the Star Wars canon.

Auh
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Meth wrote:
Branch wrote:
Meth wrote:

Smartass

Just no.

OKAY BRANCH HOW ABOUT YOU BE THE DIRECTOR THEN SINCE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALL ABOUT THE STRUGGLES AND HARDSHIPS THAT GO ALONG WITH CONTINUING THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN MODERN HUMAN HISTORY. PLEASE SHINE US WITH YOUR GRACE OH HOLY GEORGE LUCAS JR.

lolokai OMG!
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm

If Darth Vader is truly in these next movies... it breaks EU... will not watch.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Scott wrote:

It breaks the movies if he's in them. If he returned he'd be Anakin! VADER IS DEAD PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course Anakin would mean.... Hayden.... <.<
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Scott wrote:

If he's in these movies... Fuck EU, it breaks the previous ones.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

If he's in these movies... Fuck EU, it breaks the previous ones.

Beat you to it. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm

On the hopeful side, it could be a hoax because of George Lucas' quote awhile back.

"Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Being the only one of the three that HASNT happened, someone may have found it funny to watch us nerdrage.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Let's take a look at the indicators leading up to this... situation we call Star Wars Episode VII. What's the one line that is said in every movie?

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Branch wrote:
On the hopeful side, it could be a hoax because of George Lucas' quote awhile back.

"Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Being the only one of the three that HASNT happened, someone may have found it funny to watch us nerdrage.

Not sure if I'm spoiling, but Star Wars The Force Unleashed features a choice where you kill Vader and replace him... So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

Not sure if I'm spoiling, but Star Wars The Force Unleashed features a choice where you kill Vader and replace him... So yeah...

Uh.... what does that have to do with this? 1. That ending was a non-canon alternate ending 2. That was a game that these movie makers will probably care nothing about.

I guess you read it wrong?
Back to top Go down
JvS
OT'er
JvS

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 pm

ITT: This film will suck because it changes the established C-Canon. Books and comics cease to exist once they are non-canon. It's not like we can consider the current C-Canon works as an alternate timeline, not being 'official' canon means they cease. It's not like the Doctor Who fanbase already does this or anything, this is physically impossible. Therefore, whatever causes them to cease must suck.

Please take ingest one of the following.

Star Wars 7 will suck Saltgrains
Back to top Go down
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

This proves nothing...

I will judge when I see the film. I have no expectations. I hope for the best but I am prepared for the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://www.binkyproductions.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Angry Joe speaks about the new trilogy not having anything to do with previous characters.
That and their (Disney) insistent "it's a sequel to the originals" is a bit of a juxtaposition (yes, you can use this word here).
Apparently they also "intend" (from what I've read) on keeping the EU intact. Which makes it an even weirder juxtaposition...

I do not know. This can very well be a double-edged sword (or lightsaber, if you will).
If they play their cards right, it could turn into something good.
By that I mean not giving it the usual Disney kid-friendly treatment; hiring some decent writers and directors that can come up with an actual story that doesn't conflict with the EU whilst at the same time does not make a complete brainfart of the universe in its' attempt to not conflict with the EU; and focusing away from CGI.

A high-wire act if there ever was one...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Star Wars 7 will suck Mickey_mouse_middle_finger_flipping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 will suck   Star Wars 7 will suck Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars 7 will suck
Page 1 of 1