OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Query - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Query

Go down 
+8
Scott
Causa
Astraeos
Vaseline
CollaWars
SoupWithSauce
Branch
Daroska
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm

lol I remember this blowing up in the old OT... xD

In the end it depends on your definition of sound...
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes.

The falling of the tree would generate SOMETHING through sound waves and vibrations. Everything that vibrates the air or ground creates the potential for sound, no matter what able being is there to perceive it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
LordGreenip
GD Member
LordGreenip

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:10 pm

KingWilbourn wrote:
Yes.

The falling of the tree would generate SOMETHING through sound waves and vibrations. Everything that vibrates the air or ground creates the potential for sound, no matter what able being is there to perceive it in the first place.

Let us not forget that they are only sound waves, not sound. The sound is made by the sound waves hitting your ear drum, which would not be present unless someone was there.

Very good theory however, kind sir.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

LordGreenip wrote:
KingWilbourn wrote:
Yes.

Let us not forget that they are only sound waves, not sound. The sound is made by the sound waves hitting your ear drum, which would not be present unless someone was there.

Not true... the definition of sound can also be included as sound waves. Sound = waves. It's debatable because the definition varies from dictionary to dictionary. For example:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sound

A and B refer to sound as the waves or transmittance of waves themselves. While C refers to the act of hearing the vibrations themselves.

So by definition of A and B... a person doesn't need to be there. However definition C would indicate a person required.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 pm

It's like the old riddle "If a woman screams in the Forrest and no one is around to hear it, is she using a gas or firewood stove to do the cooking?"
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
It's like the old riddle "If a woman screams in the Forrest and no one is around to hear it, is she using a gas or firewood stove to do the cooking?"

lolwomenz... troll
Back to top Go down
GSG
Aqua Panther
GSG

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am

if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.
Back to top Go down
Astraeos
Needs To Go Outside
Astraeos

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 am

LordGreenip wrote:

Actually your logic is flawed. As humans have a hearing range. For example: People can't hear a dog whistle, but it makes a sound because a dog can hear it, but that's not why you're wrong about the riddle. The reason that the tree clearly makes a sound is because even if no one is around, there is always an animal or at least something that would notice the sound close enough to hear it.
Back to top Go down
LordGreenip
GD Member
LordGreenip

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 pm

GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.

/thread
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

LordGreenip wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:

/thread

Query - Page 2 109585d1249343310-sexiest-g-thread-rear-end-shot-only-does-my-ass-look-fat
Back to top Go down
LordGreenip
GD Member
LordGreenip

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:15 am

KingWilbourn wrote:
LordGreenip wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:

/thread

Query - Page 2 109585d1249343310-sexiest-g-thread-rear-end-shot-only-does-my-ass-look-fat

Not at all, you look great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query   Query - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Query
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2