I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Query

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm

lol I remember this blowing up in the old OT... xD

In the end it depends on your definition of sound...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes.

The falling of the tree would generate SOMETHING through sound waves and vibrations. Everything that vibrates the air or ground creates the potential for sound, no matter what able being is there to perceive it in the first place.

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordGreenip
GD Member


Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:10 pm

KingWilbourn wrote:
Yes.

The falling of the tree would generate SOMETHING through sound waves and vibrations. Everything that vibrates the air or ground creates the potential for sound, no matter what able being is there to perceive it in the first place.

Let us not forget that they are only sound waves, not sound. The sound is made by the sound waves hitting your ear drum, which would not be present unless someone was there.

Very good theory however, kind sir.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

LordGreenip wrote:
KingWilbourn wrote:
Yes.

The falling of the tree would generate SOMETHING through sound waves and vibrations. Everything that vibrates the air or ground creates the potential for sound, no matter what able being is there to perceive it in the first place.

Let us not forget that they are only sound waves, not sound. The sound is made by the sound waves hitting your ear drum, which would not be present unless someone was there.

Very good theory however, kind sir.

Not true... the definition of sound can also be included as sound waves. Sound = waves. It's debatable because the definition varies from dictionary to dictionary. For example:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sound

A and B refer to sound as the waves or transmittance of waves themselves. While C refers to the act of hearing the vibrations themselves.

So by definition of A and B... a person doesn't need to be there. However definition C would indicate a person required.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 pm

It's like the old riddle "If a woman screams in the Forrest and no one is around to hear it, is she using a gas or firewood stove to do the cooking?"

_________________
You have recieved an infraction from Community Support:
Your poop and how it "burned a bit on the way out today" is not an appropriate discussion material for our forums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Query   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
It's like the old riddle "If a woman screams in the Forrest and no one is around to hear it, is she using a gas or firewood stove to do the cooking?"

lolwomenz... troll

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
GSG
Aqua Panther


Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Query   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am

if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.

_________________
I've had a cunt of a day. Everything that could go, did go wrong. So if I'm allowed to use a word in a song..........I've had a cunt of day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astraeos
Needs To Go Outside


Posts : 741
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Query   Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 am

LordGreenip wrote:


Let us not forget that they are only sound waves, not sound. The sound is made by the sound waves hitting your ear drum, which would not be present unless someone was there.

Very good theory however, kind sir.

Actually your logic is flawed. As humans have a hearing range. For example: People can't hear a dog whistle, but it makes a sound because a dog can hear it, but that's not why you're wrong about the riddle. The reason that the tree clearly makes a sound is because even if no one is around, there is always an animal or at least something that would notice the sound close enough to hear it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordGreenip
GD Member


Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Query   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 pm

GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.

/thread

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Query   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

LordGreenip wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.

/thread


_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordGreenip
GD Member


Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Query   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:15 am

KingWilbourn wrote:
LordGreenip wrote:
GiantSpiderGoat wrote:
if Liam Neeson's dick falls in the Forrest does anyone hear it? Yes the whole world does.

/thread


Not at all, you look great.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Query   Today at 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Query
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters
» Account Management - China Mainland & Taiwan
» A baby laughing at Paper Ripping!
» NWN Master Server down?
» Query

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: