OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Order VS Chaos EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Order VS Chaos

Go down 
+8
Causa
Scott
Branch
CollaWars
Vaseline
Yeet
Matieu
Jet
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Well?
Tighter moderation, please.
Order VS Chaos I_vote_lcap20%Order VS Chaos I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Keep it the way it is.
Order VS Chaos I_vote_lcap30%Order VS Chaos I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Why can't you just be fucking Jetbounty?
Order VS Chaos I_vote_lcap50%Order VS Chaos I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm

It's always occured to me that the OTA forums are very loose. (You know where this is going)

We always have had loose moderating. Mainly because all of us are friends. Plus the entire premise of the OT is loose. But how loose can it get?

To me, there's a line to be drawn. Although the OT is supposed to be a fun and simple place, it is not supposed to be some sort of madhouse (which I feel like it's been recently) and allowing everyone to run amok. There needs to be some actual moderation if you ask me, from our mods. Which we rarely actually see....Although I will give credit to some, most don't even use their mod powers for anything other than editing posts as a joke. :/

So...Am I all alone on this?
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch
Matieu

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:53 pm

So.. why did you have to change your font and color for this?
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:01 pm

LOL YOU SAID "Loose"!!!

Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 pm

We use our moderator powers fine actually; most of the time it's things you don't notice (like moving threads etc). Also, I don't know any of our mods who edit posts for laughs.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:14 pm

G.M. wrote:
It's always occured to me that the OTA forums are very loose. (You know where this is going)

We always have had loose moderating. Mainly because all of us are friends. Plus the entire premise of the OT is loose. But how loose can it get?

To me, there's a line to be drawn. Although the OT is supposed to be a fun and simple place, it is not supposed to be some sort of madhouse (which I feel like it's been recently) and allowing everyone to run amok. There needs to be some actual moderation if you ask me, from our mods. Which we rarely actually see....Although I will give credit to some, most don't even use their mod powers for anything other than editing posts as a joke. :/

So...Am I all alone on this?

You should stop arguing with people if you don't want this place to be amok.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 pm

No chocolate option. So I chose 3.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Vaseline wrote:
We use our moderator powers fine actually; most of the time it's things you don't notice (like moving threads etc). Also, I don't know any of our mods who edit posts for laughs.

Are you telling me Mat has never once edited a post for an lol?

@Mat: Just felt in a fancy mood.

@Wilbourn: How typical.

@Colla: I actually try to avoid the drama now. :/

That's also like pointing at the sky and telling it to become green. It just doesn't happen like that.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:22 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

@Mat: Just felt in a fancy mood.

@Wilbourn: How typical.

@Colla: I actually try to avoid the drama now. :/

That's also like pointing at the sky and telling it to become green. It just doesn't happen like that.

Bitch. No response for me? *cracks knuckles*
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

Oh I don't know about Mat; I was talking purely about the moderators.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:00 pm

This seems like something that should interest me yet doesn't... yeah
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Order VS Chaos Drama-Llama
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Branch wrote:

What? What drama? This isn't drama. This is me making a suggestion.

@Vas, I would count Mat as a moderator, and if not, fine, admins. Also, I'm pretty sure Causa has done it, and at one point Branch even did. But this isn't even my point.
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:40 pm

G.M. wrote:

@Vas, I would count Mat as a moderator, and if not, fine, admins. Also, I'm pretty sure Causa has done it, and at one point Branch even did. But this isn't even my point.

Okay, well I'm just saying recently noone has done that.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 pm

G.M. wrote:
Branch wrote:

What? What drama? This isn't drama. This is me making a suggestion.

I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH!!

Besides, Mat asked for permission and Causa and I just had Admin wars.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

Vaseline, you are completely denying the point of this thread. I wasn't raging about that, I just gave it a mention as it tied in to what I was saying. Will you please stop trying to sound all smart and stuff by calling me out an everything now?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

Vaseline, you are completely denying the point of this thread. I wasn't raging about that, I just gave it a mention as it tied in to what I was saying. Will you please stop trying to sound all smart and stuff by calling me out an everything now?

CHOCOLATE IS THE KEY TO THIS FIGHT!!!

I AM HEARBY HIJACKING THIS THREAD!!! GET ON THE FLOOR BEETCHES!!!
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

Erm, actually if you read my first post in this thread then you will see that I was simply mentioning the editing posts topic:

Vaseline wrote:

And I'm not trying to call you out; all I'm doing is backing our moderators by saying that we are doing our job.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

Erm, actually if you read my first post in this thread then you will see that I was simply mentioning the editing posts topic:

Vaseline wrote:

And I'm not trying to call you out; all I'm doing is backing our moderators by saying that we are doing our job.

Moving threads and all is fine, but it would be nice if we actually had some applying to the rules here. With that said, not all the moderators are like that, but most are. Who's fault it is, is a debatable topic.

I'm getting nowhere arguing with you, and I'm sick of it too. Good day to you ma'am.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Branch wrote:

I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH!!

Besides, Mat asked for permission and Causa and I just had Admin wars.

Those were the days.... OMG!
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

Vaseline wrote:

Moving threads and all is fine, but it would be nice if we actually had some applying to the rules here. With that said, not all the moderators are like that, but most are. Who's fault it is, is a debatable topic.

I'm getting nowhere arguing with you, and I'm sick of it too. Good day to you ma'am.
Well the moderators and admins do what they think is right and the best they can. If you have a problem/see something that you feel needs taking action against then you should PM an admin or moderator at the time. You could also give us a list of what we need to do and what needs taking action against right now - seeing as you have made this thread yet are pretty vague on what you actually would like us to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

Well the moderators and admins do what they think is right and the best they can. If you have a problem/see something that you feel needs taking action against then you should PM an admin or moderator at the time. You could also give us a list of what we need to do and what needs taking action against right now - seeing as you have made this thread yet are pretty vague on what you actually would like us to be doing.

My request isn't that hard to understand, now is it? All I want is some actual moderation up here. This place is like a madhouse. With that said, I don't want to kill the fun, but I would like to see some more punishment...and yes, I did just say that.
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:25 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

My request isn't that hard to understand, now is it? All I want is some actual moderation up here. This place is like a madhouse. With that said, I don't want to kill the fun, but I would like to see some more punishment...and yes, I did just say that.

I haven't seen anything worth punishing that hasn't already been punished...
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 pm

Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

Please tell me this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 pm

G.M. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
G.M. wrote:

Please tell me this is a joke.

So what do you propose? That we become Nazis and lock every other damn thread?

We have been doing our jobs, but we hardly ever run across anything over the top and extremely offensive to other people. There have been some drama threads, but they have been taken care of.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Order VS Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order VS Chaos   Order VS Chaos Empty

Back to top Go down

Order VS Chaos
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next