OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

I think Imma start an End of World pack.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

I think Imma start an End of World pack. Empty
PostSubject: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:50 am

I've given it some thought... with the economy and US debt... and all the FEMA camps... I think Imma start collecting end of world gear. Seriously tho... do I think something like this would happen? I think there's a slim possibility and it's better to be safe than sorry... and if worst comes to worst this thread will be good for some shitz, gigz, and bad ass gear.

I will start my list in the OP here... and if we get REASONABLE conspiracy discussion I'll add different theories. So... discuss away.

EoW Pack:
Army Go Pack $60-150
BDU Camo Pants $40
BDU Camo Shirt $30
Tactical Combat Boots $80
300-600 ft Paracord regulated at least 550 lbs $40
Tactical leg rig/holsters $30-40 a piece
Hiking Pack Water Bladder $15
Elbow and Knee Pads $30
Gun Cleaning Kit $20
AR-15 M4 Carbide base model $1,500
AR-15 stalk, clip, grip, barrel, suppressor (ILLEGAL), and scope mods $1000
Pistols (this really depends, I have 2 22s, a 9 mil, and a 45)
Collapsible Compound Bow (no fuggin clu)
Kevlar Vest (I... don't know how much this would cost or if you can buy it.)
Tactical Vest overlay $70
Carbon Steel Combat Knife $70
Leatherman tool $30
Gator Machette $30
Hatchet/hammer $30
Shovel?
Fire Starter tool $20???
Compact Sleeping Bag Regulated down to -10F $130
First Aid Kit $20
30 ft of 3/8" Polyflow line $20
Water Purification Tablets $30
Duct Tape
Carabiners
Multiutensil Tool
folding blade
Hand Crank Flashlight
Hand Crank Battery Charger
Rechargeable Batteries
Compass/Barometer

Brainstorming more... I have more... but I gotta go do a couple things.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:44 am

Yeah, that's great an all, but what five OT members do you take with you?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:57 am

I don't think that's the purpose of this thread... I'm talking about something realistic... we don't live close enough to eachother.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:56 am

Scott wrote:
I don't think that's the purpose of this thread... I'm talking about something realistic... we don't live close enough to eachother.

You're off my team... I don't want no doomsayers.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:50 am

I didn't really take you as one of them... Um... "Them"...
OMG!

Yes, you can get a Kevlar vest at... I'm guessing every bigger gun store/armoury that would sell assault rifles and carbines... Here's a neat site: http://www.securityprousa.com/bodyarmor.html

A collapsible compound bow? I've only seen one of these and it was custom made. No idea on the price tag...
Personally, I'm not a big fan of compounds, but if I had to suggest one, I'd go for the 2011 Martin Exile Compound Bow. It's nice and tight, good draw length while keeping the frame compact.
I would go for a recurve or composite bow, or even a reflex bow...

Personally, I'd go for an AK-based carbine/rifle. It's just more reliable. Granted the M4 is more accurate, but I'd choose reliability and better handling over accuracy, plus- it's not that big a difference. Preferably, I'd go for an AK-200 (now known as AK-12), but an AK-74 would do just fine... You are gonna need that reliability and the good handling of an AK in an "End of world" scenario. Seriously. Those things never jam. Alternatively I'd go for the British-made L85A1 (the SA80).

And do you really need all those knifes and blades? A Machete and a combat knife of "shark tooth" knife would really suffice... You can do anything with a shark tooth- from skinning to self-defence... If I had to make a suggestion, this would be it...

A fire-starting kit with a sparkler, iron wool and whatnot would be sold any place that sells hiking and hunting equipment... They're not usually that expensive...

As for water purification- tablets are good, but I'd go for one of those hi-tech straw... things developed for African communities. Can't remember the name exactly, but one of those can last a person something like 5-6 years before he needs to change it...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
I didn't really take you as one of them... Um... "Them"...
I'm not really... but I saw pics of the supposed FEMA camps with the thousands of black box coffins.
OMG!

Yes, you can get a Kevlar vest at... I'm guessing every bigger gun store/armoury that would sell assault rifles and carbines... Here's a neat site: http://www.securityprousa.com/bodyarmor.html
Hmm... I was under the impression kevlar was... well millitary grade kevlar wasn't legal.

A collapsible compound bow? I've only seen one of these and it was custom made. No idea on the price tag...
Personally, I'm not a big fan of compounds, but if I had to suggest one, I'd go for the 2011 Martin Exile Compound Bow. It's nice and tight, good draw length while keeping the frame compact.
I would go for a recurve or composite bow, or even a reflex bow...
Compound would have give the least amount of draw... I'm looking for fast and energy conservative.

Personally, I'd go for an AK-based carbine/rifle. It's just more reliable. Granted the M4 is more accurate, but I'd choose reliability and better handling over accuracy, plus- it's not that big a difference. Preferably, I'd go for an AK-200 (now known as AK-12), but an AK-74 would do just fine... You are gonna need that reliability and the good handling of an AK in an "End of world" scenario. Seriously. Those things never jam. Alternatively I'd go for the British-made L85A1 (the SA80).
I want something easily modifiable and disassembled. None in the AK class are as simple as the M4 and M16 Carbides, albeit they are a simple rifle not the kind I'm looking for. Also you'd be surprised... in the US it's far harder to acquire an AK than a base model M4. AKs also aren't designed for the certain mods I want to use and is much harder to find them premade. Lastly when it comes to survival tactics I want accuracy and range... not a gun ho shit fest. Oh... and contrary to popular belief AKs DO jam (I've actually seen in first hand), they just have a lower average stat. And I'm not looking for something state of the art like the SA80 or SCAR... because I'd never get my hands on one.

And do you really need all those knifes and blades? A Machete and a combat knife of "shark tooth" knife would really suffice... You can do anything with a shark tooth- from skinning to self-defence... If I had to make a suggestion, this would be it...
Gator Machettes are great tools (and have more weight) and work better than a saw-tooth knife. A combat knife is better for cutting things such as cloth, meat, and wire. Yes... there's a difference and yes... they make the difference. Plus keep in mind I would likely be with or making it back to my family where there are other bodies that can carry equipment.

A fire-starting kit with a sparkler, iron wool and whatnot would be sold any place that sells hiking and hunting equipment... They're not usually that expensive...
I have a magnesium one already... I sort of just started listing things towards the end.

As for water purification- tablets are good, but I'd go for one of those hi-tech straw... things developed for African communities. Can't remember the name exactly, but one of those can last a person something like 5-6 years before he needs to change it...
Hmm... will have to look into.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:09 pm

A bag of corn, a fifty gallon drum of Mt. Dew , and a dream.

Also, fishing equipment would be of the most importance.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

I was goin to say about 30' of mid lbs test line, a few hooks and weights. Bobbers are easy to make. Can even use sticks for that.

You dont have socks down or a TOWEL for christs sake. You want to have extra socks. They can be used for bandages, tourniquets, small sacks, ect ect. A towel can be used as a blanket, a pillow, bigger bandages, or to just dry something or keep it wet.

A sewing kit is handy as well. Stiching flesh to a tent it can all be done.

Wind Up Flashlight.

Condoms. Multiple uses.

A Wiresaw if you are so inclined.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think Imma start an End of World pack.   I think Imma start an End of World pack. Empty

Back to top Go down

I think Imma start an End of World pack.
Page 1 of 1