OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The OT Cantina

Go down 
+11
Burkman
Yeet
Ban-Anad
Scott
MrEvilDude
Jet
Matieu
The Mortonator
Causa
jedibantha
Branch
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

The OT Cantina - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:
Who are you talking to? I'm in the back room changing the next song.

You going senile on me, ojiisan? Forgetting you are quite capable being in two places at once...

Well... I AM 68, after all... Well, this body, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Burkus Diabulus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:

You going senile on me, ojiisan? Forgetting you are quite capable being in two places at once...

Realizing that the image sitting in front of him is merely there to monitor the bar, Ban-Anad picked up the half-full tumbler the barkeep served him in one hand, grabbed his hat in the other, also making for the bourbon bottle, and started towards the backroom door.
"As long as you put some old-school jazz in between your usual pick..." he put in before downing the glass of brown liquid and entering the room.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Meat stares at the rider with no name and wonders. What could be his name?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Meatlocker wrote:

The OT Cantina - Page 4 Rango_by_bloodybarbarian-d41v22d
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

The OT Cantina - Page 4 Rango_by_bloodybarbarian-d41v22d

Meat stares at the picture of the scaly cowpoke riding the foreign brilliantly colored bird and wonders 'Am I on acid?'
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:

Realizing that the image sitting in front of him is merely there to monitor the bar, Ban-Anad picked up the half-full tumbler the barkeep served him in one hand, grabbed his hat in the other, also making for the bourbon bottle, and started towards the backroom door.
"As long as you put some old-school jazz in between your usual pick..." he put in before downing the glass of brown liquid and entering the room.

"No problem, guy." Burkman lights up a cigarette and turns to change the next song to some jazz that sounds like it comes from a Noir-film. Then everything turns black and white like it was an old crime film. The music reminded him of the time he spent as a detective, recalling the murders of women, hunting down the bastard who killed them in the heat of passion. Getting the subject off his head, Burkman turns to Ban-Anad and says with a deep and solemn voice, "It's not exactly old school, but it fits the mood."

He takes a puff of his cigarette and blows out a ring of smoke. "This just turned into a Noir film."

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Burkus Diabulus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:

"No problem, guy." Burkman lights up a cigarette and turns to change the next song to some jazz that sounds like it comes from a Noir-film. Then everything turns black and white like it was an old crime film. The music reminded him of the time he spent as a detective, recalling the murders of women, hunting down the bastard who killed them in the heat of passion. Getting the subject off his head, Burkman turns to Ban-Anad and says with a deep and solemn voice, "It's not exactly old school, but it fits the mood."

He takes a puff of his cigarette and blows out a ring of smoke. "This just turned into a Noir film."

Ban slumped down in one of the sofas in the room, the one on the opposite side of the coffee cable between him and Burkman. Lighting up a cigar with a solid gold lighter, he threw his hat to land on the table and put his right leg on the other.
"No... No... That's just perfect..." He said, exhaling smoke from the cigar. "All we need now is a pouring rain outside..."
He then poured both them a glass of the 20 year bourbon and pushed one toward Burkman, lifting his own to signal a toast."Now may I?"

Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:

Ban slumped down in one of the sofas in the room, the one on the opposite side of the coffee cable between him and Burkman. Lighting up a cigar with a solid gold lighter, he threw his hat to land on the table and put his right leg on the other.
"No... No... That's just perfect..." He said, exhaling smoke from the cigar. "All we need now is a pouring rain outside..."
He then poured both them a glass of the 20 year bourbon and pushed one toward Burkman, lifting his own to signal a toast."Now may I?"

Burkman looked at the glass of bourbon Ban slid over to him and then back at Ban, who was raising his glass. As if he was toasting something. Before picking it up to meet Ban's glass, Burkman looked at the liquid inside of the glass suspiciously. Who knows what he put in that, but it doesn't matter. Burkman was immune to poison and sedatives and the like. Years of constantly injecting the stuff developed an immunity to it, he was an ex-junkie if you will. Burkman picked up the glass and clinked it with Ban's. "Just take a look outside. It is pouring rain. Anyways, good drinks, good music, can't get any better than this."
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Detective Burkman wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Burkus Diabulus wrote:

Burkman looked at the glass of bourbon Ban slid over to him and then back at Ban, who was raising his glass. As if he was toasting something. Before picking it up to meet Ban's glass, Burkman looked at the liquid inside of the glass suspiciously. Who knows what he put in that, but it doesn't matter. Burkman was immune to poison and sedatives and the like. Years of constantly injecting the stuff developed an immunity to it, he was an ex-junkie if you will. Burkman picked up the glass and clinked it with Ban's. "Just take a look outside. It is pouring rain. Anyways, good drinks, good music, can't get any better than this."

"What? Don't you trust me, Burk-jii?" Said Ban-Anad, noticing the suspicious look in Burkman's eye. "Why, I'd be offended had the feeling not be mutual..." He added with a dry, self-serving smile while taking a swoosh from his glass.

Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 pm

"Sorry, you can't be too careful in my line of work." Burkman takes a sip of the bourbon in his glass. "My best friend, my partner, turned out to be the bastard who killed all those women back then." He slammed his glass down onto the table. "Caught him in the act. He got sloppy. I came home to my wife one night after a long uneventful day at the office. As I walked through the door, I saw him standing right there in front of my wife with a knife... a rather large one, at that."

Burkman turned to switch to another song. "Let's kick it up a notch, shall we?" Burkman changed to a track a little more upbeat while keeping the jazz intact. Burkman turned back around and continued his story. "Anyways, I pulled out my gun and shot him dead right then and there." Burkman laughed a little bit. "It's funny... your closest friend turns out to be the killer you were hunting for so long... So you'll excuse me if I have a little trust issues."

To be clear, Charlie Parker played Bebop, which is a more upbeat version of jazz while not going fully swing.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 pm

(An RP-ing tip, try and substitute the character's name with something instead of using it in every sentence... Also, don't change your narrative style- just cause I'm using a past tense, doesn't mean you need to...)

"Yeah, it's always the closest one that you don't expect... The case that makes you and the case that breaks you." Said Ban-Anad, looking through his glass of half-downed bourbon. "The one you never solve, the one that keeps you awake at night... The case that gnaws at your guts and ruins your marriage. The case that keeps you propping up a bar as you relive the what-ifs, the might-have-beens, the half-leads and half-truths. The case that other cops murmur about whenever you walk past. The case you never... ever... discuss." He added, as if talking to himself, not paying attention to the upbeat tune now spinning on the old-style vinyl record player...

(And just to be clear, you'd have to pull some weird monkeys out your ass to catch me lacking on jazz...)

Last edited by Ban-Anad on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Meat spotted the unwanted tip. Meat reacts violently. Meat will drop angry salty tears on the hot counter table, Meat will shake violently in the murky cantina air. Because Meat does not respect the opinions of others.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Ban, I'm not even trying. I'm just pulling this shit out of my ass, so I don't need your tips.

I think it's time for you to leave.

P.S. I do what I want. I know what I'm doing. Way to kill the mood.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Detective Burkman wrote:
Ban, I'm not even trying. I'm just pulling this shit out of my ass, so I don't need your tips.

I think it's time for you to leave.

P.S. I do what I want. I know what I'm doing. Way to kill the mood.

Well... That's one way of taking friendly creative criticism...

Seeing that Burkman was entering one of his fouler moods, Ban-Anad motioned to pick up his hat. "Fine... Be like that..." He told the brooding relic while putting his hat on and getting up. "See if I care..." He breathed to himself, turning for the door and going back to the cantina bar.

Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Boba The Bounty grabs Ban and holds him in place.

"Don't leave... you haven't had your lapdance yet..."
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Nobody leaves without a lapdance. Lapdance the shit out of him, Boba.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

*rolls a ten*

Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Damn Colla you killed my dwarf!
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

*lapdances Ban*

Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:03 pm

I would like a drink called "sex with your sister".
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
I would like a drink called "sex with your sister".

There's already one, it's called a triple shot of pure Absinthe... But it only works if your sister is taking it as well...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am

Bobabounty wrote:
*lapdances Ban*

"You have exactly 2.3(4) seconds to get off my lap before I finish that rather unsuccessful pre-op prep and make the change permanent..." Said Ban-Anad, shoving one of his pistols up close with Boba's privates.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

This reminds me of this one part from The Stand where this guy puts a pistol up this other guy's ass.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:27 am

Ulyaoth wrote:
This reminds me of this one part from The Stand where this guy puts a pistol up this other guy's ass.

Taking note of the smart-ass suggestion made by Uly, who was standing right next to his table, Ban-Anad unholstered his other pistol and stuck it between the weird squid things' butt-cheeks. "Can I please shoot both of them?!" He asked Scott the bartender in a pleading yet serious tone. "Please? I'll even settle of just one of them!" He added, charging up the blasters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OT Cantina   The OT Cantina - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The OT Cantina
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next