OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Mass Effect 3!

Go down 
+14
JvS
The Mortonator
MrEvilDude
Grimeth
Yeet
Ulyaoth
CollaWars
Branch
Causa
Burkman
Hypah
Ban-Anad
Scott
Meatlocker
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:38 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:
DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
Spoiler:

If they really do spin it that way... I'm gonna fuck some EA bitches up...

I actually think that would be amazing. OMG!

It's gonna be a real cheap shot and the series would most probably take a huge fanbase plummet should they do that...

Hmmm... They promised closure DLC, right? What if...

The DLC is Shepard, alive and well should you have chosen the Destroy option or the Synthesis option (his synthetics having kept him alive or something), or resurrected yet again (I would assume the tech behind Lazurus would not have slipped the Alliance's fingers), setting forth on a mission to find the planet the Normandy crashed on... You know... Cause his lovey-dovey is inevitably on it, along with his best friend...

And to do so, he would need to figure out a way to re-make the Mass Relays like the Protheans did (Conduit), find himself a new ship (Normandy SR3, anyone?), round up what part of his former team is still kicking about (Grunt, Wrex, Kasumi, Zaeed, Jack, Samara...) along with some new faces (Anderson, if you managed to save him (by convincing the Illusive Man)?) and re-establish contact between the other races...

Hmmm... It's just come to me, but does anyone else feel like Shepard is the galaxys' go-to handy man?
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:43 pm

The Joker wrote:
DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:

If they really do spin it that way... I'm gonna fuck some EA bitches up...

It's gonna be a real cheap shot and the series would most probably take a huge fanbase plummet should they do that...

The endings are already doing that... you
Back to top Go down
Hypah
OT'er
Hypah

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:57 pm

If no one knows, due to constant bitching (I'm not saying complains, I'm saying bitching, because let's admit, taking a company to court because of an ending is litteratly the thing a cocksucking whore would do), Bioware is working on new endings for Mass Effect 3.

There, nuff said
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Good Cole wrote:
If no one knows, due to constant bitching (I'm not saying complains, I'm saying bitching, because let's admit, taking a company to court because of an ending is litteratly the thing a cocksucking whore would do), Bioware is working on new endings for Mass Effect 3.

There, nuff said

wut?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:08 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:
DinosaurGrimeth wrote:

The endings are already doing that... you

They're doing that because they left so many doors closed and questions unanswered... The three endings were pretty much obvious ever since the first game- you either find a way to destroy the Reapers, control them or live with them.

The actual endings cannot suck because they were the only endings that would have made sense (spare the Normandy crashing on another planet) with the games' setting and story. And everyone loves the setting and story, so they cannot possibly hate the ending. That would make a paradox.

A perfectly happy and rainbow-filled ending would have just spoiled the impact the game was intended to have. Fans might have liked to see Garrus and FemShep buying a ranch/farmhouse on some grassy garden-world and experimenting with Turian-Human gene relations, but that was never the intention of the story...

The main idea the story was trying to get across to its fans is that there are no happy endings. Not this time. Little Miss Princess Ashley does not get her White Knight after the epic battle. No. He sacrifices himself to save the galaxy. He does not come back victorious.

It's not the endings that suck... It's the fact that there are so many fucking questions that needed answering before Shepard went running for that bright, light blue light (say fast five times)...

But come on... BioWare, by order of EA, has to leave itself some room for the future money-milking of the fanbase... In simply business terms- what's the point of making a great game that accumulates an utterly huge amount of acclaim and followers if you're not gonna suck them dry for every last penny you can possibly get...

You can't really blame them for that... Well... You can... But they can just go "Yeah, we're Evil... Trip, Larry, John and Casey are Satan's favorite children... Would you have rather us not have made the games you so much love and now can't live without? Would you have rather us not make a ton of small, overly-priced packs of downloadable content to wrap up the loose ends we conveniently left ourselves? No? Well then shut up and pay up!"

Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

The Joker wrote:

*snip*

Pretty much describes my feelings about the ending. you
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:39 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:

*snip*

While I agree with many of the loops and holes he points out... I'm not really angry with BioWare (maybe a little pissed off at EA)... And some of them border speculative conspiracy theories...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:42 pm

To be clear, Anderson dies no matter the outcome with the Illusive Man. If you convince the Illusive Man, and he kills himself and all, Anderson goes over and sits with Shepard. They share a short conversation, then Anderson dies.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Burkman wrote:
To be clear, Anderson dies no matter the outcome with the Illusive Man. If you convince the Illusive Man, and he kills himself and all, Anderson goes over and sits with Shepard. They share a short conversation, then Anderson dies.

Oh... Well... Dammit... I liked the motherfucker...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 pm

The Joker wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Angry Joe makes a lot of points I didn't think about until now. I thought I was satisfied. Now I'm extremely upset.

I think EA forced Bioware into making crappy endings so they could fork out DLC.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:07 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:

*snip*

*sees video*

*clicks video*

*sees uploader is Angry Joe*

Welp, not watching that.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Christopher the Rogue wrote:
DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:

*snip*

*sees video*

*clicks video*

Welp, not watching that.

You're an idiot. He makes plenty of valid points in this video. He's not being over the top or anything.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Burkman wrote:
Christopher the Rogue wrote:
DinosaurGrimeth wrote:

*sees video*

*clicks video*

Welp, not watching that.

You're an idiot. He makes plenty of valid points in this video. He's not being over the top or anything.

Um, I never watched the video in the first place, keep in mind. If he did, good for him. Maybe it's a change of heart, but the guy's got a bad history regardless.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah, he changed a bit. I prefer his more serious videos.
Back to top Go down
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 pm

I never liked his "angry" thing much. He's better calm, I'm watching the video now.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Burkman wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Angry Joe makes a lot of points I didn't think about until now. I thought I was satisfied. Now I'm extremely upset.

I think EA forced Bioware into making crappy endings so they could fork out DLC.

I see you've come to my way of thinking. OMG!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
Burkman wrote:
The Joker wrote:

I see you've come to my way of thinking. OMG!

While I agree... I wouldn't necessarily say 'forced'... More like... "Persuaded"... You know, the type of persuasion where the guy paying the other guy usually wins...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 am

Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 pm

*le Shepard enters reaper controled system*

/scanspam

Shepard: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

*leave system*
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:29 pm

DinosaurGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:

*snip*

I love Angry Joe!

His L.A. Noire review was funny.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 pm

*Tries to watch the video*

*Gets extremely saddened by the beginning music*

*Shuts off video in sorrow*
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Wilby-san wrote:

Yeah... I'm putting that down as a minus towards re-playability...
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm

The Joker wrote:
Wilby-san wrote:

I mean shit. It's an amazing piece. But dammit it makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Wilby-san wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Wilby-san wrote:

I mean shit. It's an amazing piece. But dammit it makes me sad.

They make me want to start playing the piano again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3!   Mass Effect 3! - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next