OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Forum Game (Setting Up)

Go down 
+9
The Mortonator
Meatlocker
Grimeth
Ban-Anad
Scott
Burkman
Ulyaoth
Boba
Branch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:47 am

The Mortonator wrote:
Scott wrote:
The Mortonator wrote:
A. I have no idea what is going on here.

B. I want to claim part of the world for The Posting Rebellion.

There definitely needs to be a TPR meme, part of the OT history, or something on the OT wiki. xD

When I get into Planetside 2 I think I'll name a guild that and invite everyone.

Maybe I wana play Planetside 2....
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:21 am

What? Isn't anyone gonna consider my suggestions?

@ Burkie: I feel betrayed! Cheated even! You're sleeping on the couch tonight!
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:08 am

The Joker wrote:
What? Isn't anyone gonna consider my suggestions?

@ Burkie: I feel betrayed! Cheated even! You're sleeping on the couch tonight!

I've been a member of that site much longer than I've been with the OT.... I don't see how that's betrayal considering I come here a lot more than I go there.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:07 am

The Mortonator wrote:
A. I have no idea what is going on here.

B. I want to claim part of the world for The Posting Rebellion.

I was thinking of letting people name the countries...

PirateGrimeth wrote:
Arr I be in!

Welcome Grimeth, scourge of 2 of the 7 seas.

Last edited by Branch on Sat May 12, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:42 pm

I think we need a prologue of some sorts. Maybe post-WW3? Maybe not.

Should players be allowed to control a certain country? Or just Mods control countries?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Branch wrote:

Should players be allowed to control a certain country? Or just Mods control countries?

Then what do players do?
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Idea 1: Don't let Branch run it when he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm

The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:

Then what do players do?

Somewhere I saw that players post the general occurances in the year and Mods control one or so countries. Sounds like crap really.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Branch wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:

Then what do players do?

Somewhere I saw that players post the general occurances in the year and Mods control one or so countries. Sounds like crap really.

Uuugh... Thought that players controlled countries and the mods were sorta like the UN or League of Nations (pre-WWI version of UN)...

Hmmm... Here's an idea...

Players represent different political figures in countries and vie for the seat of power before they can actually have an impact on the international sphere.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:50 pm

The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Then what do players do?

Uuugh... Thought that players controlled countries and the mods were sorta like the UN or League of Nations (pre-WWI version of UN)...

Players represent different political figures in countries and vie for the seat of power before they can actually have an impact on the international sphere.

Well thats one of the ideas. The other is that all players can control one or two nations.

Can they lose? lol
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Here's how it works...

Gamemaster creates the world around the players. GM creates the stories and scenarios for the players to react off of as long as they don't go over the boundaries the GM sets down. When players react to the situation, the GM updates the situation and does whatever he feels like. I know you know how an RP works. Sometimes, it's much more complicated than what I said.

Those times where it's extremely complicated, but still understandable, an insanely good writer and such makes those kind of things... I ran across a few people like that in another forum I used to go to... Made my posts look like children stories.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Branch wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:

Well thats one of the ideas. The other is that all players can control one or two nations.

Can they lose? lol

Lose what?

If we're going for my idea, here's how it may work:

Say they are three players for the US. One we'll call Barack, the other McCain, the third Clinton (see what I did there?). The US employs a state voting system (I'm sure you know, so I'm not gonna explain). In our little game, this would be like this:

Each of the three will be required to roll a dice for each state, I'm sure we can get some site that mimics a dice roll- here's one: http://www.roll-dice-online.com/ . Each die will have 100 sides, meaning the number rolled would be the percentage of support they get in each state. The person with the highest number will gain the Electors of that state. The person with the most Electors will become the new President of the US. We're gonna have to see how many electors there are for each state.

For a country with a different voting system, such as say Bulgaria, this would work much simpler- the person with the highest number (from the 100-side die roll) gets the Presidency.

Every four (that's the general term for a presidency pretty much anywhere) years (we're still to determine how are turns to be passed), the unsuccessful players can choose to re-apply for presidency either as themselves or as a different candidate...

Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:37 pm

This is right out of a PM I sent to Branch... I want to see what you guys think.

Here's a quick overview:

The year is 2014. Israel has just attacked Iran's nuclear facilities. Iran declared war on Israel, and is using proxies in Lebanon and Syria to rain down fire into northern Israel.

Iraq is slowly being torn apart by civil war.

Russia is seeing rebellions to overthrow their leaders.

The Chinese are threatening Taiwan.

Pakistan and India are at another nuclear standoff.

America is struggling to maintain a reduced role in the world. The economy is on the upswing, and their leader is itching at entering another war.

So the countries we'd have able to choose from are:
- Israel
-USA
-Iran
-Iraq
-China
-Russia
-Taiwan
-Pakistan
-India
-England
-North Korea
-South Korea

I just ripped all this from my ass, so it definitely needs refinement. We could have the participants take one country, and become their leader. Every five turns, we have a United Nations summit to discuss and operate. The countries that are not chosen by people we can divide between you and me. and there would need to be boundaries such as:

- Use of one nuke ONLY. Full-blown nuclear relation can ONLY happen if one country launches a missile at you, and you get a coalition of five or more countries to side against them in a UN summit. Use of nukes is only permitted if you present your case to the UN, and three countries agree with you. Then you can attack.

- You can decide internal matters. For instance, the leader may choose to disarm their country of nuclear weapons. You can determine how to run your economy, and how to move your military and army.

- Alliances are permitted. However, there has to be some boundaries: North and South Korea cannot be friends; nor Israel and Iran/Iraq; Taiwan and China; India and Pakistan.

- Each player starts with 100 GDP. Military units cost money. Tanks are 20, aircraft carriers are 30, jets cost 40 and a battalion of infantry is 20. Each player starts with 2 battalions of infantry, 5 tanks, 5 naval destroyers, and 10 jets. You can sell your units for half their initial value.

- Combat during wars is decided by.... MUST WORK ON/GIVE IDEAS

We can add more... but how's this?

Last edited by Bobabounty on Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm

i dun get it
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Jules wrote:
i dun get it

Wilbz <------- Wilb

I dun get it... <------- Scoot
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm

The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Can they lose? lol

Lose what?

If we're going for my idea, here's how it may work:

Say they are three players for the US. One we'll call Barack, the other McCain, the third Clinton (see what I did there?). The US employs a state voting system (I'm sure you know, so I'm not gonna explain). In our little game, this would be like this:

Each of the three will be required to roll a dice for each state, I'm sure we can get some site that mimics a dice roll- here's one: http://www.roll-dice-online.com/ . Each die will have 100 sides, meaning the number rolled would be the percentage of support they get in each state. The person with the highest number will gain the Electors of that state. The person with the most Electors will become the new President of the US. We're gonna have to see how many electors there are for each state.

For a country with a different voting system, such as say Bulgaria, this would work much simpler- the person with the highest number (from the 100-side die roll) gets the Presidency.

Every four (that's the general term for a presidency pretty much anywhere) years (we're still to determine how are turns to be passed), the unsuccessful players can choose to re-apply for presidency either as themselves or as a different candidate...

Not a bad idea, but it seems... unnecessary. We can just pick the countries and do all that shiznit.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't want this to be one of Boba's alternative history stories.

Let's just do either present times, the Cold War, or the Victorian age.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:50 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Fuck off. Ban and I are actually collaborating.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm

CollaWars wrote:

We need a story of some sorts. If this is successful, we'll get in more depth.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
This is right out of a PM I sent to Branch... I want to see what you guys think.

Here's a quick overview:

The year is 2014. Israel has just attacked Iran's nuclear facilities. Iran declared war on Israel, and is using proxies in Lebanon and Syria to rain down fire into northern Israel.

Iraq is slowly being torn apart by civil war.

Russia is seeing rebellions to overthrow their leaders.

The Chinese are threatening Taiwan.

Pakistan and India are at another nuclear standoff.

America is struggling to maintain a reduced role in the world. The economy is on the upswing, and their leader is itching at entering another war.

So the countries we'd have able to choose from are:
- Israel
-USA
-Iran
-Iraq
-China
-Russia
-Taiwan
-Pakistan
-India
-England
-North Korea
-South Korea

I just ripped all this from my ass, so it definitely needs refinement. We could have the participants take one country, and become their leader. Every five turns, we have a United Nations summit to discuss and operate. The countries that are not chosen by people we can divide between you and me. and there would need to be boundaries such as:

- Use of one nuke ONLY. Full-blown nuclear relation can ONLY happen if one country launches a missile at you, and you get a coalition of five or more countries to side against them in a UN summit.

- You can decide internal matters. For instance, the leader may choose to disarm their country of nuclear weapons. You can determine how to run your economy, and how to move your military and army.

- Alliances are permitted. However, there has to be some boundaries: North and South Korea cannot be friends; nor Israel and Iran/Iraq; Taiwan and China; India and Pakistan.

- Each player starts with 100 GDP. Military units cost money. Tanks are 20, aircraft carriers are 30, jets cost 40 and a battalion of infantry is 20. Each player starts with 2 battalions of infantry, 5 tanks, 5 naval destroyers, and 10 jets. You can sell your units for half their initial value.

- Combat during wars is decided by.... MUST WORK ON/GIVE IDEAS

We can add more... but how's this?

I like it... Truth be told, looking at some stuff happening, this does seem a viable near-future scenario...

It also plays good with my idea on presidency- Russia's having it's rebellions and Iraq it's civil war... The US can have some 'Eden' movement (been into Anno lately) that thinks it better to go towards environmental protection and sustainability rather than a military outlet...

I'm a bit confused with the resource mechanics, though, but more on that later...

I also suggest we add some traits to countries, like...

The UK:
A former colonial power, now more an economical world player that a military one. Can talk itself out of anything. Has a public factor that is ready to believe anything without much question. Never was much into being a part of greater Europe, or the world for that matter. Has good navy potential and makes exceptional planes.

- "Queen's Charm" Ability: Lets you pull out of a conflict started by an ally without breaking the alliance. Cooldown of 24 turns. Excessive use of the ability may result in geopolitical fallout.

- "Daily Mail" Ability: Can make one extra policy decision or strategic move. Cooldown of six turns.

- "Island Nation" Passive Ability: Can 'Pass' on making a statement about an international matter. Cannot Pass Disarmament Talks or other UN negotiations with a 'Required' status.

- Trait: Superior Navy. Navy and Air units cost 25% less. Navies gain an additional die.

The USA:
Having secured its self as a dominant entity on the international theater during the last two world conflicts, the US has enjoyed that status until now. Though some still regard it as a power to be reckoned with, the US has recently fallen off it's pedestal due to an increased policy of intervening in matters of other nations, making it something of the intrusive neighbor. There is still hope to rekindle it's past glory as the world's peacemaker however, with the rise of the Eden Movement which strives against a militaristic outlet and supports sustainability.

-(If Militaristic) "Nuclear Hype" Ability: Gives you the upper hand during UN negotiations. Cooldown of 24 turns. Excessive use may lead to geopolitical fallout and the "Fettering" of the country.
-(If Sustainable) "Eden Initiative" Ability: Starts Nuclear Disarmament Talks without the supervision of the UN. Immunity from geopolitical fallout for 12 turns. Must disarm it's last proposed amount even if negotiations are unsuccessful. Cooldown of 24 turns.

-(If Militaristic) "Second Amendment" Ability: Grants you a Number of Infantry Units equal to the cube root of your current GDP income for the duration of the ability. Number cannot exceed 10. Cooldown/Duration is six turns. Country suffers a loss of GDP income equal to the Number as a percentage. GDP loss lasts 12 turns and stacks if Ability is used consecutively.
-(If Sustainable) "Boost Economy" Ability: GDP income gets a Boost equal to the cube root of its' current value as a percentage. Military production is locked for the duration of the ability. Cooldown/Duration is six turns.

-(If Militaristic) "Military Priority" Passive Ability: The Domestic and Foreign Support Economy Sliders each have 0.75 times their normal effects on lower than 50 settings.
-(If Sustainable) "Sustainability" Passive Ability: The Military Economy Slider has 1.5 times the normal effect on lower than 50 settings.

-Trait: USMC. Armies gain an extra die when consisting of four or more Infantry Units.

Russia:
Seeing the greatest turmoil in it's history since the Cossack civil war, Russia is now faced with with a grievous decision- stick with the rule of relative democracy or plunge into another wave of socialism?

-(Democratic) "Russian Riches" Ability: Gain extra GDP equal to 50% of the Domestic Slider setting for 12 turns. Negates the effects of the Domestic Slider for the duration of the ability. Cooldown of 24 turns.
-(Socialist) "Planned Economy" Ability: Lets you gain 100% of your GDP income while keeping the effects of Slider settings. Duration is 12 turns. Cooldown of 24 turns. Country suffers GDP loss during the effect of the ability equal to the cube root of GDP income when the ability was activated.

-(Democratic) "Reinstatement of Gulags" Ability: Negates chances of rebellion for 12 turns, regardless of Domestic Slider setting. Use of this ability may lead to geopolitical fallout or action by the UN. Cooldown of 6 turns. Upon end of ability, the effects of the Domestic Slider are negated, unless setting is above or equal to 50 for 12 turns. Effects of settings higher than 50 are halved. This stacks if ability is used consecutively.
-(Socialist) "Scorched Earth" Ability: Any territory lost to an enemy faction throughout the duration of this ability has a negative GDP income equal to it's usual income for the duration of the ability. Cooldown of 6 turns. Ability lasts 12 turns. Use of this ability may lead to geopolitical fallout. Territories under the Scorched Earth effect remain affected even after being re-occupied.

-(Democratic) "Rebellious Worker Class" Passive Ability: So long as the Domestic Slider is higher than the Foreign Support Slider, the chance for a rebellion is non-existent.
-(Socialist) "For the Motherland" Passive Ability: So long as the Military slider remains higher than the Domestic Slider and the Foreign slider is at 0, production of military units is doubled.

-Trait: Defense of the Motherland. Armored Units and Infantry Units are 15% cheaper and Armies gain an extra die when fighting within owned territory (both Attack and Defense).

I need to finish this but it's like 3 AM here and I'm sleepy as hell...
The basic idea is that every country gets two abilities- one with a 24-turn cooldown and one with a 6-turn cooldown, a passive ability and a trait.
I've discussed this with Boba and we've agreed that turns should be per month rather than per-year(otherwise we're gonna be fighting this with Galaxy-class starships and Vulcans for aids not too long from now).

I'm also adding France, germany and Saudi Arabia as countries.
We've also figured out a working world economy and resource system (the GDP and slider stuff)...

Imma get back to this after I've has some sleep...

Last edited by The Joker on Sun May 13, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Branch wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

We need a story of some sorts. If this is successful, we'll get in more depth.

The story is that The Posting Rebellion party has taken over some country and they want to have a little bit of war for the greater good and cheaper Pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:13 am

My previous post continued:

Israel:
Having been at war with Palestine for as long as the two countries have stood neighbor, Israel is not new to the theater of world conflicts. This history of warfare has given Israel the status of the world's best military development country- having played part in the design of many a revolutionary weapons from the 80s onwards. This sophistication may not be enough to stop Pakistani retaliation however, as incursions become more and more frequent.

- "World Weapons Expo" Ability: When this ability is active, country gains a direct GDP dump equal to the value of the Military expenses (for the whole duration of this ability) of all other countries (except Israel) divided by the cube root of the expenses. Dump occurs at end of ability duration. Duration is 12 turns. Cooldown of 24 turns. Throughout the duration of this ability, all Military Units have their global pricing halved, Israel notwithstanding.

- "Military Presence" Ability: So long as there are a total of five or more Military Units present in the home territory, the effects of the Domestic slider are doubled per setting for the duration of this ability. Duration/Cooldown of 6 turns.

- "Zion" Passive Ability: Military Units gain an extra die when defending and an extra movement token when advancing, unless end of movement leads to a confrontation.

-Trait: Military Expertise: Infantry, Armored and Air Units gain an additional die but are 25% more expensive to produce.

Saudi Arabia
A country that has been treated with fainted respect throughout the years and exploited for it's large Oil reserves, Saudi Arabia has finally had enough of Western influence. But is it too late?

-"Oil Market-Price Dumping" Ability: Can directly influence global economy by regulating the Oil Market. Influence grants the country a small boost in GDP income equal to it's current GDP income, divided by the cube root of the Global GDP Figure. Ability has a Global Effect: Global GDP Figure drops by a Number equal to it's current value, divided by it's cube root. Use of the ability may result in geopolitical fallout and action by the UN. Duration of the ability is 12 turns. Cooldown of 24 turns.

-"Anti-Western Propaganda" Ability: While this ability is active, country gains a boost to it's Military Slider setting equal to 1.5 times the Domestic Slider setting. Effects of the Domestic Slider are negated, regardless of setting, for the duration of the ability. Ability duration/cooldown is 6 turns.

-"Desert Warfare" Passive Ability: Infantry and Armored Units gain an extra movement token and dice roll when advancing and attacking in Middle Eastern territories, including northern Africa. This effect is lost when defending or retreating.

-Trait: Fight to the Last. Infantry and Armored Units gain an extra die when defending if confronted while retreating.

I'm gonna need some help with the rest cause I am spent...
---

Now, for the economy, national and global.

In our discussion, Boba and I agreed on setting the 'currency' as GDP. Every 3 turns, which we agreed to be one month per turn, you get a percentage of your Total GDP income. Here's how it works:

GDP, the Total GDP Income, Current GDP Income and Global GDP Figure:

Each country starts with 100 GDP per 3 turns (one Quarter) attached to it's starting territory, meaning your Total income cannot drop below 100, unless you loose your home country or the UN gets involved (in each case, loosing your GDP would be the least of your worries).
Each player also has 3 Economic Sliders to fiddle with. These determine how much of your Total GDP goes to something other than your treasury. The sliders are as follows:

Military Slider: Determines how much of your GDP goes into the production of Military units. The higher the setting, the faster you produce units. Every 10% of your GDP towards this Slider represent 1 less turn of production time. A setting of at least 10% is required for Military Production to be possible.

Domestic Slider: This represents how much of your Economy is orientated towards the quality of life of your population. It controls the chances of rebellion or unhappiness with your government (More on the effects of this later on).

Foreign Support Slider: This represents your donations to the UN and their causes. The more you support the UN, the faster you'll get UN Talks Tickets (More on this later).

The setting on each of these sliders represents the percentage of your Total GDP income that goes into each field. A setting of 10% in the Military Slider and 0 at the other two (not really recommended) means you get only 90% of your Total GDP income per turn. An Overall setting of 100% means you get no Current GDP Income.

As I said above, each country starts with and initial 100 GDP income, which is attached to it's home territory. Non-player countries also have an attached GDP income which, upon occupation of the territory by a player, gets added to whatever Total GDP income they currently have. An NPC (Non-Player Country) cannot have a GDP above 30.

The Global GDP Figure:
This is a Figure representing the Global GDP. It's calculated as the Sum of the Current GDP Income of each country (the Total GDP minus the overall percentage distributed on Sliders), divided by the number of countries (both Player and NPC).

Recession and Depression: (this still needs work)
A country enters a Recession if their Total GDP Income drops under the initial 100 of it's home territory.
The World enters a Global Depression if the Global GDP Figure drops below the Overall Global GDP Potential, which is calculated as the sum of GDP income of every territory, divided by the number of territories.

So a Recap on terms:

Total GDP Income= The GDP income as a sum of the GDP of controlled territories.

Current GDP Income= The percentage of your Total GDP Income that is not assigned to Sliders.

Global GDP Figure= Sum of the Gurrent GDP Income of all player countries, divided by the number of countries (both player and NPC).

Overall Global GDP Potential= The Sum of GDP income of every territory, divided by the number of territories.

----

The UN and International Actions: (still needs work)

The UN represents all the players and the GMs. They have a compulsory meeting every four years, or 48 turns. A Premature Meeting can also be called by a country if it has a UN Talks Ticket. Tickets have a set price equal to the Global GDP Figure, divided by the cube root of that Figure. Each country raises money for tickets passively by way of it's Foreign Support Slider. There is not other way to gain Tickets. Tickets have a Global cooldown of 24 turns.
Difference between UN Talks and a Premature Meeting:
UN Talks can have several subjects, while a Premature Meeting called by a Ticket can have only one subject. Tickets cannot be used for Disarmament talks.

UN Subjects:

- Disarmament: A Required Subject, cannot be Passed. Each player can make 3 proposals for the amount of disarmament in each sphere- Infantry, Armored, Navy, Air and Nuclear Weapons.

- Agreements: This is a chance for countries to establish official relations with each other. Can be either a Military Protection Alliance, a Military Support Agreement or an Economic Agreement.

= When a Military Protection Alliance is signed, each player made privy is required to assist the others should they be attacked by another player. Failure to act will result in geopolitical fallout and break off the country in question from the agreement. Attacking a country when in a MPA with it, results in breaking off from the agreement and geopolitical fallout with the possibility for "Fettering" if hostile actions are not stopped within a time set by the UN Council (the GMs).

= When a Military Support Agreement is signed, players made privy are required to support each other during conflicts, but must discuss it between each other before starting one. Failure to act according to an MSA results in the country no-longer being privy to the agreement (unless the "Queen's Charm" ability is used) and suffering geopolitical fallout. Attacking another country without consolidating with members of an MSA results in the breaking off from the agreement and geopolitical fallout with the possibility of "Fettering" if hostile actions are not stopped within a time set by the UN Council (the GMs).

= When an Economic Agreement is signed, players made privy gain a boost in Total GDP income equal to the Current GDP of the others in the agreement, divided by the cube root of that value. Hostile actions between players in an EA results in the breaking off from the agreement and geopolitical fallout.

-Matters At Hand: This is the general term for all other issues raised during UN Talks. These can be the assignment of Embargoes, geopolitical fallout, actions of "Fettering" etc. Countries can plead on such actions but it's for the UN Council to decide.

UN Council Actions:

The UN Council consists of the GMs. Every time a UN Meeting is in order, they discuss between themselves the assignment of geopolitical fallout, Embargoes and possible "Fettering" actions.

- Geopolitical Fallout: This is when a country is deemed a persona non grata in the eyes of the UN. When this is in effect, settings assigned to the Foreign Support of that country will have a quarter of their normal effect until the end of the fallout period. Period is set as a dice roll of a 48-sided die, making the maximum duration of a fallout four years. The UN Council has 3 rolls of the die and can only choose rolls higher than 12, making the minimum of 1 year.

- Embargoes: Embargoes can only be set on countries with a Geopolitical Fallout effect. A country with an Embargo cannot sign Economic Agreements and suffers a decreased Total GDP income. Decrease is equal to the cube root of it's Total GDP income as a percentage. Duration of embargoes is determined by a dice roll of a 24-sided die, making the maximum of two years.

-"Fettering" Action: This is by far the most severe action of the UN. When a country is deemed to be "Fettered", all it's Military Units are required to be moved back to its' home territory and cannot be moved anywhere on the map (even within player-owned territory). Military Production is prohibited. The country is also no longer accepted into UN Meetings and therefore has no say in global matters. Duration of this action is set by way of a dice roll of an eight-sided die. 1 and 3 equal 12 turns (one year); 2 and 4 equal 24 turns (two years); 5 and 7 equal 36 turns (three years); 6 and 8 equal 48 turns (four years).

Still to come:
Strategic Movement mechanics, military pricing, Units and conflict resolution mechanics.

Last edited by The Joker on Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:30 am

What use does GDP have other than the sliders?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:45 am

Branch wrote:

It's your money. Whatever you don't set to sliders you get as an income per-3-turns to spend on Military units and national/international Policies (more on that in a bit)...
Like this:

Say you set your sliders as 40/10/20, this would mean that 40% of your Total GDP Income goes to Military Production, 10% goes to Domestic and 20% goes to Foreign Support. This leaves you with 30% of your Total GDP Income as your Current GDP Income (the money you actually get). Think of sliders as your upkeep of sorts...
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:05 pm

The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:

It's your money. Whatever you don't set to sliders you get as an income per-3-turns to spend on Military units and national/international Policies (more on that in a bit)...
Like this:

Say you set your sliders as 40/10/20, this would mean that 40% of your Total GDP Income goes to Military Production, 10% goes to Domestic and 20% goes to Foreign Support. This leaves you with 30% of your Total GDP Income as your Current GDP Income (the money you actually get). Think of sliders as your upkeep of sorts...

This times a thousand. Nice work, Ban.

And the reprehensible actions for giving below a required amount to all three:

1. Military - Having zero on your slider means zero military production.

2. Domestic - Putting less than 100 GDP into your domestic over the course of 3 years means rebellion, and a possible coup on your leadership.

3. Foreign Aid - For example, giving 40% of your GDP to the UN gives you, let's just say, four tickets. The tickets allow you to adjourn a UN meeting before the four-year annual meeting, to discuss treaties, discussing economies, declaring war, and gathering a coalition against another country and giving your case to attack, much like the USA did against Iraq in 2002.

If you give zero foreign aid, you get no tickets, and your influence on the world stage gets greatly decreased. Say Taiwan puts 60 percent into foreign aid and the USA puts in zero; then Taiwan has, essentially, greater influence over the UN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Game (Setting Up)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next