OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Forum Game (Setting Up)

Go down 
+9
The Mortonator
Meatlocker
Grimeth
Ban-Anad
Scott
Burkman
Ulyaoth
Boba
Branch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Branch wrote:
What use does GDP have other than the sliders?

It's your money. Whatever you don't set to sliders you get as an income per-3-turns to spend on Military units and national/international Policies (more on that in a bit)...
Like this:

Say you set your sliders as 40/10/20, this would mean that 40% of your Total GDP Income goes to Military Production, 10% goes to Domestic and 20% goes to Foreign Support. This leaves you with 30% of your Total GDP Income as your Current GDP Income (the money you actually get). Think of sliders as your upkeep of sorts...

This times a thousand. Nice work, Ban.

And the reprehensible actions for giving below a required amount to all three:

1. Military - Having zero on your slider means zero military production.

2. Domestic - Putting less than 100 GDP into your domestic over the course of 3 years means rebellion, and a possible coup on your leadership.

3. Foreign Aid - For example, giving 40% of your GDP to the UN gives you, let's just say, four tickets. The tickets allow you to adjourn a UN meeting before the four-year annual meeting, to discuss treaties, discussing economies, declaring war, and gathering a coalition against another country and giving your case to attack, much like the USA did against Iraq in 2002.

If you give zero foreign aid, you get no tickets, and your influence on the world stage gets greatly decreased. Say Taiwan puts 60 percent into foreign aid and the USA puts in zero; then Taiwan has, essentially, greater influence over the UN.

Not what I had in mind... I'm going to explain the Rebellion and Unhappiness effects in a minute.

The Foreign Support and UN Tickets work as I described.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:55 pm

The Joker wrote:
Bobabounty wrote:
The Joker wrote:

It's your money. Whatever you don't set to sliders you get as an income per-3-turns to spend on Military units and national/international Policies (more on that in a bit)...
Like this:

Say you set your sliders as 40/10/20, this would mean that 40% of your Total GDP Income goes to Military Production, 10% goes to Domestic and 20% goes to Foreign Support. This leaves you with 30% of your Total GDP Income as your Current GDP Income (the money you actually get). Think of sliders as your upkeep of sorts...

This times a thousand. Nice work, Ban.

And the reprehensible actions for giving below a required amount to all three:

1. Military - Having zero on your slider means zero military production.

2. Domestic - Putting less than 100 GDP into your domestic over the course of 3 years means rebellion, and a possible coup on your leadership.

3. Foreign Aid - For example, giving 40% of your GDP to the UN gives you, let's just say, four tickets. The tickets allow you to adjourn a UN meeting before the four-year annual meeting, to discuss treaties, discussing economies, declaring war, and gathering a coalition against another country and giving your case to attack, much like the USA did against Iraq in 2002.

If you give zero foreign aid, you get no tickets, and your influence on the world stage gets greatly decreased. Say Taiwan puts 60 percent into foreign aid and the USA puts in zero; then Taiwan has, essentially, greater influence over the UN.

Not what I had in mind... I'm going to explain the Rebellion and Unhappiness effects in a minute.

The Foreign Support and UN Tickets work as I described.

Just throwing around ideas.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Now you guys are going to start this in the RP section, right?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Dahaka wrote:

Lets lay down the rules and concept first and then decide what to do with it...
But yeah... The RP section would probably be more appropriate...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:04 pm

The Joker wrote:
Dahaka wrote:

Lets lay down the rules and concept first and then decide what to do with it...

No shit.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Continuing from where I left off...
Don't worry, I'm gonna compile this into a more easily navigable rulebook when it's done...

Sooo...
------

Military and Strategic Movements:

I'm implementing Movement Tokens, which represents how many separate actions a unit can make until it's regarded as 'spent' and needs to wait for them to replenish at a rate of 1 Token per turn. Movement and Attack actions are regarded as two different actions.
Example:
If a Unit is ordered to Attack another Unit that is three territories from it, it will spend 3 Tokens to move to target unit and whatever it's Attack costs (say 2 Tokens) over that, totaling in 5 Tokens spent.

There are five spheres that come under Military- Infantry Units, Armored Units, Naval Units and Air Units, and Nuclear Weapons. Each Unit is represented by a single six-sided die.

-Infantry Units are the common soldiers. They have 4 Movement Tokens and can only initiate actions on land. They can only Attack when all four are available and all four are spent upon initializing an Attack. They can only move to an adjacent territory and must confront any hostile forces before they can continue their move into that territory.
=Special Ability: Ambush. Infantry Units can be set to Ambush when attacking, giving them an extra dice roll. Toggle ability. Cost of 1 Token.

-Armored Units are Tanks and other armored vehicles. They have 6 Movement Tokens and can only initiate actions on land. An Attack costs them 4 Tokens. They can "Carry" one Infantry Unit each, at the expense of 1 Token, setting them as having a total of 5 Movement Tokens while "Carrying". Armored Units can move through adjacent territories to the next territory, unless the adjacent territory is occupied by a hostile unit.
=Special Ability: Artillery Barrage. Can be used only against Infantry Units. There is a dice roll and if won, the target of the ability looses all its remaining Movement Tokens. Ability costs 2 Tokens.

-Naval Units represent ships, includes submarines, destroyers and carriers. They can move only on sea. They have 6 Movement Tokens. A Naval Unit can "Carry" one Air Unit and either one Infantry or Armored Unit at no expense. An attack costs them 3 Tokens They can directly attack only other Naval Units but will also function as a "Base" for Air Units.
=Special Ability: Submarine Strike. Can be used only when in a Navy and against another Navy. There is a dice roll. If won, the enemy Navy will only have 3/4s of it's dice available for its' next confrontation. If lost, the Navy looses 1/4 of its' Naval Units for the next confrontation. Costs 2 Tokens. Does not lead to a confrontation.

-Air Units are fighters, bombers and aerial troop transports. They can move over any territory but must return to a "Base" (Either an owned territory or a Naval Unit) after each action. They have 10 Movement Tokens. Movement costs them 1 token per each territory they pass over (return trip not counted). Air Units can "Carry" a single Armored Unit at the expense of 3 Tokens (leaving an overall of 7 Tokens for Movement) or two Infantry Units at the expense of 2 Tokens (leaving an overall of 8 Tokens). Cannot be issued an Attack action if set as "Carrying". Attacks cost 2 Tokens. Each Unit can only Attack single Units.
=Special Ability: Bombing Run. Can be ordered only when Unit is part of an Army or Navy and before a confrontation with another Army or Navy. There is a dice roll where only the dice representing the Air Unit(s) are used. If won, the target can only count dice that fall on odd numbers during the confrontation. If lost, Air Units used for the ability do not participate in the confrontation and their dice count is negated. Costs 3 Tokens.

This is it for unit types. An Army or Navy is any stack of Units consisting of: At least 4 and no more than 10 Armored Units, for Armies; At least 4 and no more than 10 Naval Units for Navies. An Army or navy has a total of 6 Movement Tokens to be used for either Movement or a Directed Attack. A Directed Attack is where the whole of the Army/Navy engages. A Directed Attack costs 3 of an Army/Navy's Tokens. Only Naval and Air Units can be part of a Naval Attack.
Abilities that require an Army of Navy have their cost deducted from the Army/Navy Tokens.

Unit Pricing:

Each Unit has a Default Market Price set to it that has to be paid for the Unit to enter production. This price is taken out of a player's GDP Reserve (treasury) when the unit is queued. The Default Production Time for all Units at a Military Slider Setting of 10% (the lowest possible for Military Production to be active) is 9 turns, no matter the Unit.

Default Pricing and Production time:

Infantry Unit- 10 GDP.
Production time per Military Slider Setting:
10%- 9 turns.
20%- 7 turns.
30%- 6 turns.
40%- 6 turns.
50%- 5 turns.
60%- 5 turns.
70%- 3 turns.
80%- 3 turns.
90%- 1 turn.
100%- 1 turn.

Armored Unit- 30 GDP.
10%- 9 turns.
20%- 8 turns.
30%- 7 turns.
40%- 7 turns.
50%- 5 turns.
60%- 5 turns.
70%- 4 turns.
80%- 4 turns.
90%- 3 turns.
100%- 1 turn.

Air Unit- 30 GDP.
10%- 9 turns.
20%- 8 turns.
30%- 7 turns.
40%- 7 turns.
50%- 5 turns.
60%- 5 turns.
70%- 4 turns.
80%- 4 turns.
90%- 3 turns.
100%- 1 turn.

Naval Unit- 50 GDP
10%- 9 turns.
20%- 8 turns.
30%- 8 turns.
40%- 7 turns.
50%- 5 turns.
60%- 5 turns.
70%- 5 turns.
80%- 5 turns.
90%- 5 turns.
100%- 3 turns.

The Default Market Price can be influenced by the use of nation-specific abilities. Units refund for half their current Price (regardless what they were purchased for). When required to disarm Units as an effect of a UN Meeting, players receive no direct refund but the total refund value of their Disarmed Units goes to their Foreign Support pot.

The Nuclear Sphere- Weapons and Nuke Cap:
I'm still figuring this out... The basic idea is that there's gonna be a Nuke Cap for each country, dependent on their Armament.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:12 pm

The Joker wrote:
The USA:
Having secured its self as a dominant entity on the international theater during the last two world conflicts, the US has enjoyed that status until now. Though some still regard it as a power to be reckoned with, the US has recently fallen off it's pedestal due to an increased policy of intervening in matters of other nations, making it something of the intrusive neighbor. There is still hope to rekindle it's past glory as the world's peacemaker however, with the rise of the Eden Movement which strives against a militaristic outlet and supports sustainability.

-(If Militaristic) "Nuclear Hype" Ability: Gives you the upper hand during UN negotiations. Cooldown of 24 turns. Excessive use may lead to geopolitical fallout and the "Fettering" of the country.
-(If Sustainable) "Eden Initiative" Ability: Starts Nuclear Disarmament Talks without the supervision of the UN. Immunity from geopolitical fallout for 12 turns. Must disarm it's last proposed amount even if negotiations are unsuccessful. Cooldown of 24 turns.

-(If Militaristic) "Second Amendment" Ability: Grants you a Number of Infantry Units equal to the cube root of your current GDP income for the duration of the ability. Number cannot exceed 10. Cooldown/Duration is six turns. Country suffers a loss of GDP income equal to the Number as a percentage. GDP loss lasts 12 turns and stacks if Ability is used consecutively.
-(If Sustainable) "Boost Economy" Ability: GDP income gets a Boost equal to the cube root of its' current value as a percentage. Military production is locked for the duration of the ability. Cooldown/Duration is six turns.

-(If Militaristic) "Military Priority" Passive Ability: The Domestic and Foreign Support Economy Sliders each have 0.75 times their normal effects on lower than 50 settings.
-(If Sustainable) "Sustainability" Passive Ability: The Military Economy Slider has 1.5 times the normal effect on lower than 50 settings.

-Trait: USMC. Armies gain an extra die when consisting of four or more Infantry Units.

I'll update this to more accurately reflect American history and their capabilities. I live in the aforementioned country, giving me the proper insight.

The U.S.A.

Four score and seven years ago, the human race(particularly in europe) took the next evolutionary step. This step in evolution would later come to be known as "americanization". These taller, stronger, enlightened individuals left their homelands in search of a new land where their massive intellect would not be stifled by the monarchies of their homelands. They set sail on 3 ships; the maria, the anita, and the santa pinta, not knowing where they were going or if they would survive. But they lucked out and ran aground in a land that was named America. The americans tested their battle prowess against the vicious, war-mongering, child-killing natives of this land. The Red man. The red man made no offer of peace, they viciously attacked first and never held back until they were defeated by their physically and technologically superior opponents. England soon became aware of the tremendous power of these americans and sought to rule these brave peoples, much like frieza and the saiyans. They tried to steal their money and tell them how to live, as if they owned the place. The Americans struck back, causing England to send 100% of their military might to crush the americans. They outnumbered them 10 to 1, but the americans' powerful physique, brilliant minds and cunning military strategies decimated the english. (to be continued with how we defeated germany, killed hitler, nuked the japs before they could nuke us, and killed osama and his terrorist muslim army).

"The Greatest Country in the World" Passive Ability: GDP Income is doubled every turn. Number of infantry units increases by 50% every turn. Each American Infantry unit is worth 2 englishmen, 5 frenchmen, or 10 muslims. (depending on who they're engaging)

"World's Most Brilliant Scientists" Active Ability: Deploys unhackable anti-nuke laser satellites that give the U.S. immunity to nuclear weapons for 10 turns. Launches 1 undeflectable, unstoppable nuke at all opposing countries every turn for 5 turns.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

It's time like this that make me wish for mod powers...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:22 pm

I want there to a be an indepedent Southern republic.

And I see this is going to be a all Militaristic game...

Saudi Arabia should be able to unite the Arab world, or atleast the Arabian Peninsula.

Last edited by CollaWars on Sun May 13, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:27 pm

CollaWars wrote:

And I see this is going to be a all military game...

See, bitch? It's not my "war" stories.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

See, bitch? It's not my "war" stories.

Calm down.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:31 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Wat? Independent Southern Republic of what?

And no, military will play a good part but it's not a dominant aspect. There's gonna be diplomacy, players can have their own negotiations outside the UN (except official alliances). They can also pass national and international policy... I just haven't gotten to that part yet...
But in a way yes- we're assuming the world is kinda spiraling into something of another Cold War which may lead to WWIII...

And 'Uniting the Arab world' will be a Pakistani/Palestine ability... Haven't decided yet...
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Let's get this show on the road. I choose China. For my first turn, I will invade Pakistan.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:35 pm

The Joker wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

And no, military will play a good part but it's not a dominant aspect. There's gonna be diplomacy, players can have their own negotiations outside the UN (except official alliances). They can also pass national and international policy... I just haven't gotten to that part yet...
But in a way yes- we're assuming the world is kinda spiraling into something of another Cold War which may lead to WWIII...

And 'Uniting the Arab world' will be a Pakistani/Palestine ability... Haven't decided yet...

What about all the NPC countries?

And what about Unifying Korea?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm

CollaWars wrote:
The Joker wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

What about all the NPC countries?

And what about Unifying Korea?

NPC countries will not be playing a part in the game, meaning they'll remain neutral... There will be bonuses however, like international organizations like the EU and NATO, which I will get to later...

Unifying Korea... The Koreas will also be dual countries (players get to choose one ability set out of two available). There will be boundaries on certain countries establishing relations with other certain countries, which depends on the overall scenario, which I'm finishing up... I'm kinda basing it off Boba's initial ideas...

@ Uly: No.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:49 pm

What about politcal parties?
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

CollaWars wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

No.

Hypocrite...
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Causa wrote:
Bobabounty wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

No.

Hypocrite...

Fuck you Causa.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Bobabounty wrote:
Causa wrote:
Bobabounty wrote:

No.

Hypocrite...

Fuck you Causa.

Likewise partner.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm

CollaWars wrote:

Well... I suggested adding a presidential election system... It seems that failed to catch...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:21 pm

A lot of hate has been going on here lately.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Boba breathe.

Causa dont call people hypocrites.

Political parties seems to take up time. Now Socialist, Communist, Capitalist and such might be somethin.
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:58 pm

The Joker wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Well... I suggested adding a presidential election system... It seems that failed to catch...

I think the GDP per turn should have a randomness factor to it, with economic polices effecting how random it is. Laissez faire being the most random and planned economy always giving a solid number.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Why isn't Japan in this shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game (Setting Up)   Forum Game (Setting Up) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Game (Setting Up)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next