OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Curiosity! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Curiosity! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Curiosity!

Go down 
+7
Scott
Matured Yoshikage Kira
SoupWithSauce
Boba
Yeet
Ban-Anad
Meatlocker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Anyone can take gold only America can take Mars!
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:47 am

Meatlocker wrote:

You haven't taken Mars... Only landed yet another, though granted- a highly sophisticated one this time, rover...
Make a manned mission already!
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 am

Curiosity! Tumblr_lp7myqYbWu1r0ncg3o1_500
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

You haven't taken Mars... Only landed yet another, though granted- a highly sophisticated one this time, rover...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_rover

Actually we have landed four.

USSR had two satellites.

And Britian had this weird thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_2
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:04 am

All we're going to find on Mars is a wasteland. If we were doing something of worth like building a base there, then yeah I'd support it. All we're doing is wasting taxpayer money.
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 am

Boba wrote:
All we're going to find on Mars is a wasteland. If we were doing something of worth like building a base there, then yeah I'd support it. All we're doing is wasting taxpayer money.

Sooner or later, Earth isn't going to be able to support our rapidly growing population. I think all this space exploration is a good idea. We'll need to branch out to other planets eventually, and the sooner the better.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 am

Boba wrote:

You can't build the base without knowing what the surface is like. We did moon rover launches before we explored the moon.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

USSR had two satellites.

Yes, you've landed four... You obviously missed the 'another' in my post...
And this still doesn't mean you've 'taken' Mars...
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

USSR had two satellites.

Well they're closer then anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 am

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

USSR had two satellites.

^
Oh man
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 am

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

USSR had two satellites.

Probes and drones don't count... Make a manned mission to Mars, then we'll talk...
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

Probes and drones don't count... Make a manned mission to Mars, then we'll talk...

Once you've made a manned mission to the moon we can talk.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

For your information, there were a lot of Bulgarians working on the Apollo project... An example- my grandfather's third brother was on the team that programmed the computers...
Also- Yuri Gagarin, bitches! The computers on the Sputnik probe/satellite were also bulgarian-made...
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

For your information, there were a lot of Bulgarians working on the Apollo project... An example- my grandfather's third brother was on the team that programmed the computers...
Also- Yuri Gagarin, bitches! The computers on the Sputnik probe/satellite were also bulgarian-made...

Yuri Gagrin orbited he never reached the moon. While that is impressive at the time it was mostly due to the fact that the time wasn't known (108 minutes) and the fact that he didn't land with his craft. Alan Shepard's feat of manual control, and later John Glenn's flight both accomplished much more than shooting a man up and letting him fall back down.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 am

Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Yuri Gagrin orbited he never reached the moon. While that is impressive at the time it was mostly due to the fact that the time wasn't known (108 minutes) and the fact that he didn't land with his craft. Alan Shepard's feat of manual control, and later John Glenn's flight both accomplished much more than shooting a man up and letting him fall back down.

Don't matter, still first in space.
And moon landing/planet exploration and space exploration are two different things...
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

Don't matter, still first in space.
And moon landing/planet exploration and space exploration are two different things...

Curiosity! 2238782717

Curiosity! Not-sure-if-trolling-or-if-trolling
Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 am

Curiosity! One-up-america1
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Mine Turtle wrote:
Curiosity! One-up-america1

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Curiosity! The_best_mars_rover_curiosity_landing_memes_comics_pictures_and_other_randomness-123698
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

Really?! My grandfather worked on the Apollo missions too! Maybe they knew each other. :o

A few added notes:

- I think it's silly to think we can lay claim to another planet... less we be found by a more advanced race and put our of our misery before they found out how greedy and ambitious man can be. In this case... I say the OT takes claim of Mars!

- There are many beneficial things we can learn from mars. Formation related to our own. Why it no longer has a sustainable atmosphere... and how it relates to our own (there is speculation it is because the planet is geologically dead but we do not have the tools there yet to make such determinations). If appropriated with biospheres people could start to live there... or maybe a prison... for those we don't wish on earth. There's also usable resources on Mars.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

Really?! My grandfather worked on the Apollo missions too! Maybe they knew each other. :o

A few added notes:

- I think it's silly to think we can lay claim to another planet... less we be found by a more advanced race and put our of our misery before they found out how greedy and ambitious man can be. In this case... I say the OT takes claim of Mars!

- There are many beneficial things we can learn from mars. Formation related to our own. Why it no longer has a sustainable atmosphere... and how it relates to our own (there is speculation it is because the planet is geologically dead but we do not have the tools there yet to make such determinations). If appropriated with biospheres people could start to live there... or maybe a prison... for those we don't wish on earth. There's also usable resources on Mars.

When NASA did the naming contest I wrote an essay on how they should name the rover Iowa because it may help us learn how to grow corn on other planets and help solve the world's hunger problem. Little did I know that corn grown on another planet would cost a billion dollars an ear.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

A few added notes:

Silly Scoot... Everybody knows the OT owns Uranus...

I agree... Send all the worst prisoners to Mars... Britain did that not long ago... The place is now known as Australia and is one of the coolest countries ever...
But no, I agree... We really need to make a manned mission, even though with the current technology it would take 7-9 years to reach the place...
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

A few added notes:

I agree... Send all the worst prisoners to Mars... Britain did that not long ago... The place is now known as Australia and is one of the coolest countries ever...
But no, I agree... We really need to make a manned mission, even though with the current technology it would take 7-9 years to reach the place...

We could make it in three months when it comes back to earth.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

A few added notes:

lol

Well before NASA started selling out to private investors (well... majorly that is)... the Orion/Ares mission for 2020 was planned. I do not know what has happened to it as of now tho. Rest assured tho... it will be a private industry that stakes its flag in Mars... not a nation.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Papa Scott wrote:

lol

Well before NASA started selling out to private investors (well... majorly that is)... the Orion/Ares mission for 2020 was planned. I do not know what has happened to it as of now tho. Rest assured tho... it will be a private industry that stakes its flag in Mars... not a nation.

I dunno... Think it's still running... Isn't that why they keep the ISS going? Like, besides all the general research...
But naw, yeah... I really hope a private industry gets to Mars before any one nation can... Cause then it's gonna be hell... That one nation proudly declaring ownership of Mars and starting to act all 'fuck you guys, I got Mars'... If not the private sector, at least let it be something of a united attempt...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Papa Scott wrote:

lol

I dunno... Think it's still running... Isn't that why they keep the ISS going? Like, besides all the general research...
But naw, yeah... I really hope a private industry gets to Mars before any one nation can... Cause then it's gonna be hell... That one nation proudly declaring ownership of Mars and starting to act all 'fuck you guys, I got Mars'... If not the private sector, at least let it be something of a united attempt...

Nope... Obama cancelled it... like the ass wipe he is... -__-

It's all in the hands of the private sector now...

Quote :
Obama signed the NASA Authorization Act of 2010 on October 11 which brought the program to an end despite promises to fully fund space flight during his campaign for election to President of the United States in 2008, but Constellation contracts remain in place until Congress acts to overturn the previous mandate.

Talk about a dick move... but really... it doesn't surprise me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curiosity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiosity!   Curiosity! Empty

Back to top Go down

Curiosity!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: